collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113888 times)

Offline FranzBiberkopf

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #6105 on: September 14, 2017, 03:14:22 PM »
He has played or managed at a good level for 40 years. Why the fuck can't he see that attacking is the only way to go with our squad of players and fan expectations?

I know - this constantly has me scratching my head too. I know times have changed, football has moved on, we operate at a different level etc, but surely playing under Fergie he would have seen first hand over a number of years just what pace, pressing and attacking can do. Its almost like he's the anti-Ferguson in approach.

Not that we should be suprised - thinking back to the teams he's managed - including the Blues when he had their 'best ever team' it was very one paced and steady. So we shouldn't act surprised what we've let ourselves in for I suppose after all these years.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6106 on: September 14, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »
Not sure where they've got this quote from: https://twitter.com/thevillazone/status/908281339861983232?s=04

Steve Bruce:
"I know for a fact we will climb the table. I know for a fact we will mount a challenge."

Thanks for that, it's really cheered me up. Some of the replies on there are hilarious.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6107 on: September 14, 2017, 03:43:04 PM »
I loved the, is he talking about dinner again.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #6108 on: September 14, 2017, 07:05:07 PM »
He's been here 11 months, I still have no idea of what he thinks our best 11 is, what his preferred formation is or what our style of play is meant to be. We're a disjointed mess of individuals and nowhere near being a cohesive unit.

Ask fifty random Villa supporters what our best team is and i'll bet they wont agree on it either. And that's before we get into formations and what not.

On the way to the game in the car we always pick the side and formation and we never agree on either. Then you come home and put WM on and hear other Villa fans coming out with shit like 'we should never have dropped Hutton' or 'Elmo is no better than Bacuna' etc etc. If we can't agree on what the best team is it's not hard to understand why Bruce can't either. If the players turned up every week and gave their best it might help.

We're a mess.

I disagree with the observation were a mess and with a fully fit squad, I would argue the team more or less picks itself. I also refuse to start picking on individuals while Bruce is in charge because In my opinion every player is being restricted and is loosing confidence in the complete negativity of Bruce's management.
We saw the difference in Hourihane the other week when Bruce accidentally let the shackles off.

I would imagine there would be a load of decent managers envying our squad and what they could do with it.

Go on then, name the team that picks itself.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6109 on: September 14, 2017, 07:18:08 PM »
I'd say 7 are currently nailed on if all are fit. Johnstone, Taylor, Chester, Terry, Onomah, Hotlips, Kod.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #6110 on: September 14, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »
He's been here 11 months, I still have no idea of what he thinks our best 11 is, what his preferred formation is or what our style of play is meant to be. We're a disjointed mess of individuals and nowhere near being a cohesive unit.

Ask fifty random Villa supporters what our best team is and i'll bet they wont agree on it either. And that's before we get into formations and what not.

On the way to the game in the car we always pick the side and formation and we never agree on either. Then you come home and put WM on and hear other Villa fans coming out with shit like 'we should never have dropped Hutton' or 'Elmo is no better than Bacuna' etc etc. If we can't agree on what the best team is it's not hard to understand why Bruce can't either. If the players turned up every week and gave their best it might help.

We're a mess.

I disagree with the observation were a mess and with a fully fit squad, I would argue the team more or less picks itself. I also refuse to start picking on individuals while Bruce is in charge because In my opinion every player is being restricted and is loosing confidence in the complete negativity of Bruce's management.
We saw the difference in Hourihane the other week when Bruce accidentally let the shackles off.

I would imagine there would be a load of decent managers envying our squad and what they could do with it.

Go on then, name the team that picks itself.

Johnstone, De Laet, Taylor, Chester, Terry, Jedinak, Onomah, Hourihane, Snodgrass, Adomah, Kodija

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #6111 on: September 14, 2017, 07:26:55 PM »
I'd say 7 are currently nailed on if all are fit. Johnstone, Taylor, Chester, Terry, Onomah, Hotlips, Kod.

Based on the start of the season Elmohamady looks like he's a fixture. Whether he should be or not is another matter.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6112 on: September 14, 2017, 07:29:39 PM »
Grealish?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #6113 on: September 14, 2017, 07:33:40 PM »
Grealish?

When he was available last season, wasn't he in and out of the team more than pretty much anyone?

Is there any evidence that the current management would see him as a fixture in the side?

Offline Legion

« Reply #6114 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:47 PM »
He seemed to be figuring heavily early on.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #6115 on: September 14, 2017, 07:39:17 PM »
Bruce said Jack was the centre of his plans for the season
Losing him is a blow to us. My system in pre-season was geared around Grealish and how to get the best out of him.”
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:49:23 PM by berneboy »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #6116 on: September 14, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »
Whoever performs well in the previous match becomes  centre of  his plans. Davis v Norwich for example.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6117 on: September 14, 2017, 07:42:07 PM »

Based on the start of the season Elmohamady looks like he's a fixture. Whether he should be or not is another matter.

I did think of him for that reason but went with players that pretty much pick themselves rather than who i'd like etc. I did think of Snodgrass and Grealish but can see them probably being rotated with Green and Adomah, and Elmo of course. Same as i'd imagine Whelan and Jedinak will be.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #6118 on: September 14, 2017, 09:09:15 PM »
Losing him is a blow to us. My system in pre-season was geared around Grealish and how to get the best out of him.”

The only problem was he was going to play him at centre half

Offline Legion

« Reply #6119 on: September 14, 2017, 09:11:05 PM »

The only problem was he was going to play him at centre half

He's not like the poison dwarf with his square pegs in round holes policy. Yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal