collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113085 times)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5985 on: September 13, 2017, 03:11:44 AM »
The 10 men debacle tonight has saved him for a few more days it seems. Shit or bust this Saturday though. Anything other than 3 points then I think we will finally see the back of him

Offline KRS

« Reply #5986 on: September 13, 2017, 04:45:57 AM »
...and if he gets an away win then the whole saga just gets dragged out even longer as our promotion chances slowly slip by week by week. He'll keep us ticking over in this league and we won't get relegated, but he's not going to get us promoted and that's the only thing that should be in the mind of the decision makers.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5987 on: September 13, 2017, 05:41:55 AM »
The timing is going to depend somewhat on who the successor will be. I just hope Wyness does it quickly and with minimal gap between the current and the next manager.
Almost regardless of Saturday's outcome, isn't Tattyhead a dead man walking? - he's lost the fans, and it looks like the players aren't playing for him.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5988 on: September 13, 2017, 06:42:35 AM »
He just needs to go. It isn't going to improve enough under him to get vaguely close to promotion. He isn't up to the task.

The worry is Wyness will pick his old mate Moyes when the axe finally does fall.

Offline KRS

« Reply #5989 on: September 13, 2017, 06:46:18 AM »
Everything that Wyness has said publicly suggests that he fully supports and has faith in Bruce to get us promoted and that stability is key to developing the club on and off the pitch. This is why I think it still may have to get a whole lot worse before they make a change as it would appear they believe in him and he's got a few miles to walk yet. I hope I'm wrong but the only thing that matters is whether or not Xia will see it in the same way as it's his investment he needs to protect at the end of the day.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #5990 on: September 13, 2017, 06:48:43 AM »
He just needs to go. It isn't going to improve enough under him to get vaguely close to promotion. He isn't up to the task.

The worry is Wyness will pick his old mate Moyes when the axe finally does fall.

Please no. Havent we suffered enough?

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #5991 on: September 13, 2017, 07:19:29 AM »
The owner will decide not KW, I will admit that I was wrong about SB I thought he would be good for us in this division but could see him struggling once we were promoted. I am beginning to believe Villa Park is Jinxed.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5992 on: September 13, 2017, 07:20:47 AM »
It would be like reversing back over a dead corpse appointing Moyes.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5993 on: September 13, 2017, 07:27:11 AM »
Using Brighton's stats from 16/17, we needed at least 8 points from the first 6 games ( Bruce failed this target) and at least 21 points from the first 11 games ( Bruce can't possibly reach this target now after boro result) to just be in the mix for auto promotion. Our chances of auto promotion under bruce are effectively over! For me I was prepared to give Bruce 6 games only after last season when he failed to get us in the playoffs and had at least 3 disastrous months (Jan/Feb and after the Burton away match). We are in catch-up mode already after 7 games, which Bruce is incapable of (see last season). The sooner a change is made the sooner someone new can attempt the catch-up for auto promotion or failing that achieve the play-offs. Waiting till game 10/11 is too late. I hate changing managers but Bruce has been consistent in being ineffective and after all is said and done I just want the best for AVFC.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5994 on: September 13, 2017, 07:27:39 AM »
The owner will decide not KW, I will admit that I was wrong about SB I thought he would be good for us in this division but could see him struggling once we were promoted. I am beginning to believe Villa Park is Jinxed.

I said similar to my brother last night on the way home, seemingly everything we do goes wrong. New players, managers and owners and we just seem to get steadily worse.

Bruce must be on the thinnest of thin ice at the moment and I just hope that the club has a plan in place for his successor.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #5995 on: September 13, 2017, 07:31:02 AM »
I'd say he's in last chance saloon at Barnsley, he needs a win and nothing else willl do. A draw and 'we were unlucky' won't cut it and will see us lose even more ground. If we go 1-0 down the shit will hit the fan.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #5996 on: September 13, 2017, 07:37:22 AM »
Patronising twat. Why all the hysteria? Who is Bruce trying to fool? Underplaying the negative, overplaying anything remotely positive.  Desperate and sadly just not good enough.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #5997 on: September 13, 2017, 07:46:02 AM »
I'm not even going to look for his post match comments as i know they'll just piss me off.

I too thought he was the right appointment at the time but I was wrong, it's not working, I just want him gone now.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5998 on: September 13, 2017, 07:55:53 AM »
I thought before the start of the month that we needed a minimum of 12-14 points for him to save his job. We now need to win every remaining game for this to happen. We all know it won't so it's just a matter of when now and not if.
Longer this drags on we just fall further and further behind. Sunday 17th will be the day imo

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5999 on: September 13, 2017, 08:02:02 AM »

I said similar to my brother last night on the way home, seemingly everything we do goes wrong. New players, managers and owners and we just seem to get steadily worse.

Bruce must be on the thinnest of thin ice at the moment and I just hope that the club has a plan in place for his successor.

I was of the same view when Bruce joined. I think one of his issues is that he's never been at a club who are expected to be dominant in the division they're in. He's generally been at clubs, in this division, who wanted to get promoted but saw it as a bonus. Villa need to be in the top flight and the fans and owner expect them to be there. His style of trying desperately to scrape wins does not not fit with that expectation. We need a bold, fearless manager who isn't afraid to fail in striving to succeed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal