collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 10:46:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:45:42 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114763 times)

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5880 on: September 12, 2017, 05:20:49 PM »
He must surely need a win tonight?

I'm thinking the same.
No win and a poor performance tonight and I have a feeling Kevin Mac will be in charge on Saturday evening

or Calderwood   :( 

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5881 on: September 12, 2017, 05:21:42 PM »
He must surely need a win tonight?

If we win (half time entertainment by the Aerobatic Pigs ) then it might be putting a plaster over it, as SB might not change his tactics anyway. I hope that it would be the turning point as Middlesborough arent half bad.

If it is a loss greater than 2 goals, then I think he's gone. Not sure who would come in.

No dispute on the papering over the cracks.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5882 on: September 12, 2017, 05:21:48 PM »
Didn't he blame himself for picking the young players while they were injured?

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5883 on: September 12, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Bit like Sherwood said he had to play French players and had to balance things with the inclusion of lots of wanker mates.

Online brian green

« Reply #5884 on: September 12, 2017, 05:26:42 PM »
No he said they were tired and they got injured as a result of being tired.  He saw that they were tired but picked them so it was all his fault.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5885 on: September 12, 2017, 05:27:09 PM »
I just cannot fathom why we let him spend a fortune in January or gave him the summer. When we brought him in I could understand it even if I would have preferred to see us go for someone more likely to build something. He had pedigree for making teams tough to beat and with the quality of our attackers then it looked enough for a scramble for the play offs.

But he should have been doing that with what he had and adding a couple of bits of quality in January to keep up momentum.

Instead, we were disastrous for 2 months around that time and he was allowed to sign an entirely new team at serious cost. That wasn't part of the deal for me.

He then bombs with that new team and still can't find goals unless Kodjia creates them for himself. He gets injured and it goes to rat shit, just like it did when he was away on Ivory Coast duty.

He shouldn't have had that amount to spend in January and, when it was shown the gamble didn't pay off, he certainly should not have been given the summer.

He will end up with his cards before the month is out but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us bring in Moyes. And that changes nothing.

Online brian green

« Reply #5886 on: September 12, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »
Agree Stuart and would add that he never ever accepted the self evident truth that last year's squad was plenty good enough to win automatic promotion this year.  The precious months of the summer should have been spent drilling his squad then drilling them over again until they played as a team and were fully fit from day 1 of the new season.  The need for a positive start was a no brainer.  Instead we had the Barnum and Bailey of the Terry acquisition and the obsession with Gabby's rehabilitation, the free punt that is Chris Samba, Glen Whelan and Snodgrass being tossed into our seventh game of the season after not having played for seven weeks.  It is just being made up on the hoof and our league position shows it.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5887 on: September 12, 2017, 05:53:37 PM »
I have an uncomfortable feeling about tonight. If Downing and Traore start teeing them up for Assombalonga it will turn McLeish and Bolton nasty later.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #5888 on: September 12, 2017, 05:56:13 PM »
the villa fans are ringing in on Ts now saying hes got to go .. 

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #5889 on: September 12, 2017, 06:16:51 PM »
I have an uncomfortable feeling about tonight. If Downing and Traore start teeing them up for Assombalonga it will turn McLeish and Bolton nasty later.

If Boro are relying on those two for inspiration then we have a right chance. Does Gestede play much for them?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5890 on: September 12, 2017, 06:23:49 PM »

If Boro are relying on those two for inspiration then we have a right chance. Does Gestede play much for them?

Injured at the minute I think. Assombalonga is a lump but with pace.  Ping crosses in after running past our full backs? Sounds a bit of a recipe for disaster to me.

We go defensive and narrow in this game, it won't end well.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #5891 on: September 12, 2017, 06:27:13 PM »

Injured at the minute I think. Assombalonga is a lump but with pace.  Ping crosses in after running past our full backs? Sounds a bit of a recipe for disaster to me.

We go defensive and narrow in this game, it won't end well.

It won't end well. I think that is the bit that we know.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5892 on: September 12, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »
Is that a bad thing?
I'm afraid that my mentality now is: if we have to lose in order to offload the tatty mash, then let's do it tonight.
And I feel dirty saying that.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5893 on: September 12, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »
Is that a bad thing?
I'm afraid that my mentality now is: if we have to lose in order to offload the tatty mash, then let's do it tonight.
And I feel dirty saying that.

I never want us to lose. But if losing this game means we lose him.....

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #5894 on: September 12, 2017, 06:55:38 PM »
It's the scattergun to his purchases I don't get. Even that shows he hasn't really got a plan. Just "Oh he looks alright and he's available. I'll have him."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal