collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113330 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5865 on: September 12, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »
I didn't realize that, thought he was without a club. I was trying to think of managers whose style would suit the players and the league and he instantly sprang to mind.

I don't have any particular knowledge of European football or further afield, so I am sure there are more names, he was just one I could think of.

Laurent Blanc?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #5866 on: September 12, 2017, 10:21:20 AM »
Someone out of work that I've not seen mentioned - Paolo Sousa.

Did well at Swansea, less well at Leicester (but only had nine matches under Mandaric).

Since then has won league titles in Israel and Switzerland and two years of being pretty decent at Fiorentina.

No real blips apart from that nine match spell at Leicester seven years ago.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5867 on: September 12, 2017, 10:26:10 AM »
Someone out of work that I've not seen mentioned - Paolo Sousa.

Did well at Swansea, less well at Leicester (but only had nine matches under Mandaric).

Since then has won league titles in Israel and Switzerland and two years of being pretty decent at Fiorentina.

No real blips apart from that nine match spell at Leicester seven years ago.

I agree, there's plenty of managers like that around so long as the board are willing to cast a wide net, there's 3-4 names been added in the last day or 2 who have the right experience for it.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5868 on: September 12, 2017, 10:29:50 AM »
if 'others' have been sounded out already as you might expect if Bruce is on dodgy ground
 i wouldn't be surpried if Alardyce had been approached, thats why he turned down any talks with C Palace and says its not the right time just yet because he knows it could be 'right' soon

hope i'm wrong but he is available, local,easy to get British old school lazy type appointment with no real thought process,  ticks all Wyness's boxes i would have thought

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5869 on: September 12, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »
Whether or not it is horse shit to say Bruce is incapable, stupid and a dinosaur,  I go back to the indisputable truth that people lose their motivation and their professional dominance with age and the passage of time.  The forty odd games Bruce has been in charge have shown no signs whatsoever of the ability he was hired to demonstrate.  John Cleese's Norwegian Blue.

Not neccessarily, Fergie kept his standards high until he retired, even with a relativlly average ManUre side. Anyway, I agree with your last paragraph, there has been no improvement or signs of what he is trying to do.
Ferguson walked away from ManUre at exactly the right time. He knew he had an ageing squad that had lost its sparkle. He knew that whoever took that team on would fail thus enhancing his record even further. Anyway fuck them. I've said a few times on this forum that I believe Bruce to be an out of touch  dinosaur in footballing terms. I stand by that. I honestly think that whatever he once brought to the party has now gone. He's a busted flush. BUT if he was to prove me wrong I would gladly eat a humble pie the size of his head..... Let's see shall we.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5870 on: September 12, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
He must surely need a win tonight?

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #5871 on: September 12, 2017, 02:20:12 PM »

I'm thinking the same.
No win and a poor performance tonight and I have a feeling Kevin Mac will be in charge on Saturday evening

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5872 on: September 12, 2017, 02:22:04 PM »

I'm thinking the same.
No win and a poor performance tonight and I have a feeling Kevin Mac will be in charge on Saturday evening

Christ, what a thought. Forgot that ****** still had a job.

Offline postal

« Reply #5873 on: September 12, 2017, 02:24:34 PM »

If we win (half time entertainment by the Aerobatic Pigs ) then it might be putting a plaster over it, as SB might not change his tactics anyway. I hope that it would be the turning point as Middlesborough arent half bad.

If it is a loss greater than 2 goals, then I think he's gone. Not sure who would come in.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #5874 on: September 12, 2017, 02:31:16 PM »
I didn't realize that, thought he was without a club. I was trying to think of managers whose style would suit the players and the league and he instantly sprang to mind.

Hmmm. Shame Ludwig II of Bavaria isn't still around.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5875 on: September 12, 2017, 04:11:39 PM »
Whoever the next manager is I would hope whoever makes the decisions canvasses the opinions of Paul Merson and Phil Thompson and does the opposite.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5876 on: September 12, 2017, 04:57:39 PM »
Just seen his post match interview after Brentford.  He puts the blame squarely on the young players but says it is all his fault for picking them in the first place.  He is now locked into old sweats, grunt and groan football and it will be his epitaph.  Our lack of pace and energy will remain  and Bruce will consider it to be justified.  The antennae of every intelligent manager in the league will be twitching at the thought of Grealish, Davis, Green, RHM, O'Hare and Sulimani being frustrated and tappable.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #5877 on: September 12, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »
Just seen his post match interview after Brentford.  He puts the blame squarely on the young players but says it is all his fault for picking them in the first place.  He is now locked into old sweats, grunt and groan football and it will be his epitaph.  Our lack of pace and energy will remain  and Bruce will consider it to be justified.  The antennae of every intelligent manager in the league will be twitching at the thought of Grealish, Davis, Green, RHM, O'Hare and Sulimani being frustrated and tappable.

He's turning into a bit of a charmless, blame dodging ******. I can't wait for the sherwood style shit flinging when he eventually gets the boot.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5878 on: September 12, 2017, 05:20:00 PM »
I was thinking exactly the same Mossy but I have a delicate digestion and it does me no good to think about Sherwood at mealtimes.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #5879 on: September 12, 2017, 05:20:31 PM »

I predict he will say that he was told to play da yoots as a matter of club policy and that is why he drafted Dad's Army for balance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal