collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:28:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113358 times)

Offline TonyD

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5850 on: September 11, 2017, 09:43:56 PM »
No it is the way he manages.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5851 on: September 11, 2017, 09:53:30 PM »
In order to get into a promotion mentality, we have to start viewing certain draws as something more like defeats - especially home draws, and especially home draws against relegation-strugglers in which we're generally outplayed. I don't care about a steady accumulation of the odd point here and there, muddling along to an innocuous 13th place - I care about wins, and Bruce doesn't have nearly enough of them to justify his continued presence in the touchline.

I almost get the impression, remarkably in a way, that the manner in which he got promoted with Hull only 2 seasons ago no longer applies. You have to way more aggressive and just grinding out results just isn't going to cut it anymore.

This argument just isn't tenable. There's simply no way that football in the championship has evolved so much in two seasons that "the Bruce way" was good enough for promotion then and not even top half now.

He's clearly capable of more than he's shown with us. That doesn't mean he'll do it. But there's a lot of absolute horse shit being spoken about how he's incapable, stupid, a footballing dinosaur, etc.

It's really not working out for anyone and he's got a big part of the responsibility, but it's not inevitable or inherent in the way he managers
Then explain why his Villa teams regularly get out played by supposedly inferior opposition, why his major signings who have arrived with reputations and looked at best ordinary, why there is no discernible style of play, and why after all this investment and a ful pre season and 46 league games we are near the relegation zone of Division 2.?
You think he is doing this on purpose?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5852 on: September 11, 2017, 09:56:55 PM »
Whether or not it is horse shit to say Bruce is incapable, stupid and a dinosaur,  I go back to the indisputable truth that people lose their motivation and their professional dominance with age and the passage of time.  The forty odd games Bruce has been in charge have shown no signs whatsoever of the ability he was hired to demonstrate.  John Cleese's Norwegian Blue.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5853 on: September 11, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »
In order to get into a promotion mentality, we have to start viewing certain draws as something more like defeats - especially home draws, and especially home draws against relegation-strugglers in which we're generally outplayed. I don't care about a steady accumulation of the odd point here and there, muddling along to an innocuous 13th place - I care about wins, and Bruce doesn't have nearly enough of them to justify his continued presence in the touchline.

I almost get the impression, remarkably in a way, that the manner in which he got promoted with Hull only 2 seasons ago no longer applies. You have to way more aggressive and just grinding out results just isn't going to cut it anymore.

This argument just isn't tenable. There's simply no way that football in the championship has evolved so much in two seasons that "the Bruce way" was good enough for promotion then and not even top half now.

He's clearly capable of more than he's shown with us. That doesn't mean he'll do it. But there's a lot of absolute horse shit being spoken about how he's incapable, stupid, a footballing dinosaur, etc.

It's really not working out for anyone and he's got a big part of the responsibility, but it's not inevitable or inherent in the way he managers

Matt with the exception of a handful of games we have been outplayed in most of them since he arrived. Now in the beginning I could accept it. But we were battererd at Cardiff. Fucking Cardiff by a Colin Wanker team, and with a decent forward would have gone the same way this past weekend. If Bruce is capable then he's doing a fantastic job of not displaying any ability at all despite having a fortune to spend at Championship level.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #5854 on: September 12, 2017, 01:33:44 AM »
As much as I think his time is up I suspect it will be Saturday that will make or break the decision, if he yet again doesn't get a win away from home on tv can see the speculation reaching fever pitch.

It'll be back to his Dads Army team tonight as guess Green, Davis & Onomah will all be unfit

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5855 on: September 12, 2017, 06:58:28 AM »
The team tonight could be the slowest in our history. Boro could have a very good night.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #5856 on: September 12, 2017, 08:15:57 AM »
Yeah I was thinking that - I guess hogan has some pace but otherwise very one paced

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5857 on: September 12, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »
As much as pace is important playing in a compact formation and moving together in unison is critical. If we don't then Boro will simply expose the huge gaps we allow. Especially on the counter.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #5858 on: September 12, 2017, 08:54:31 AM »
Whether or not it is horse shit to say Bruce is incapable, stupid and a dinosaur,  I go back to the indisputable truth that people lose their motivation and their professional dominance with age and the passage of time.  The forty odd games Bruce has been in charge have shown no signs whatsoever of the ability he was hired to demonstrate.  John Cleese's Norwegian Blue.

Not neccessarily, Fergie kept his standards high until he retired, even with a relativlly average ManUre side. Anyway, I agree with your last paragraph, there has been no improvement or signs of what he is trying to do.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #5859 on: September 12, 2017, 08:58:23 AM »
He bought in players who had previously done a good job for him, problem is he is older so are they. Once a footballers legs go its the end of their career and I'm afraid he has bought in a couple that are a shadow of what they were.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5860 on: September 12, 2017, 09:00:48 AM »
Manuel Pellegrini is out of work and with pedigree. He plays 4411/442 which would suit the 600 wingers and attacking midfielders we have here.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #5861 on: September 12, 2017, 09:06:16 AM »
Manuel Pellegrini is out of work and with pedigree. He plays 4411/442 which would suit the 600 wingers and attacking midfielders we have here.

Currently being paid the GDP of a small country to manage in China I believe.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5862 on: September 12, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »
I didn't realize that, thought he was without a club. I was trying to think of managers whose style would suit the players and the league and he instantly sprang to mind.

I don't have any particular knowledge of European football or further afield, so I am sure there are more names, he was just one I could think of.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #5863 on: September 12, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »
I completely agree that in the conversation of "well if we sack Bruce we'll only be able to pick from Dean Smith, Sammy Lee or Sam Allardyce's butler" then he's absolutely the sort of name that should be brought up if we're serious about leaving this division in the right direction.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5864 on: September 12, 2017, 09:31:43 AM »
I am hoping that the man referred to as "finest brain in football" by Wyness, Steve Round, has a better grip on what's available  out there  and suits our squad rather than  Smith, Lee, Allardyce, Pardew etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal