collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 06:12:51 PM]

Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 05:45:07 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Demitri_C
[Today at 05:41:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Smirker
[Today at 05:38:49 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Dave
[Today at 04:51:22 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 06:12:51 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Ducksworthy
[Today at 06:07:01 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 06:04:11 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 05:59:46 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 05:54:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 05:52:58 PM]

[Today at 05:48:14 PM]

[Today at 05:47:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2123527 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5835 on: September 11, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »
the problem for the club is and this has been the case with every manager who has left (apart from Garde, who was not allowed to sign anyone) we are going to be left with a lot of Bruce buys who the new manager may not want, and we are going to be left with players who will just hang around collecting their wages, until they RETIRE!

I thought Round had responsibility for signings?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5836 on: September 11, 2017, 05:30:17 PM »
I was bored earlier so looked up Bruce's league record since he has been here. It is the very definition of dull and bang average.

Played = 41
Won = 16
Drawn = 10
Lost = 15
For = 44
Against = 45
Points = 58, of which 15 came in his first month. So that is 43 points from the last 34 games. And people still think the pillock needs time and this will all turn around?

Wyness talked of need 80 goals for promotion. In a full season he will be lucky to get just over half that amount.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #5837 on: September 11, 2017, 05:33:39 PM »
the problem for the club is and this has been the case with every manager who has left (apart from Garde, who was not allowed to sign anyone) we are going to be left with a lot of Bruce buys who the new manager may not want, and we are going to be left with players who will just hang around collecting their wages, until they RETIRE!

Almost any manager worth their salt would fashion a decent side out of that squad - they shouldn't need to buy anyone. I can't help thinking Allardyce, although old school, would find a formation to play players to their strengths and get us chasing / closing / scoring and better at set pieces. I hope the next man only needs to add a few changes to get us off and running.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #5838 on: September 11, 2017, 05:36:32 PM »
I was bored earlier so looked up Bruce's league record since he has been here. It is the very definition of dull and bang average.

Played = 41
Won = 16
Drawn = 10
Lost = 15
For = 44
Against = 45
Points = 58, of which 15 came in his first month. So that is 43 points from the last 34 games. And people still think the pillock needs time and this will all turn around?

Wyness talked of need 80 goals for promotion. In a full season he will be lucky to get just over half that amount.
I said this yesterday, let's say Kodjia comes back and scores 15-20 goals. Who is going to score the other 50-60 goals? We'll be lucky if more than one other makes double figures. Scoring 80 goals isn't in Bruce's locker, if we did go up it would be boring our way into the play offs with fortunate 1-0 wins.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #5839 on: September 11, 2017, 05:39:13 PM »

Played = 41
Won = 16
Drawn = 10
Lost = 15
For = 44
Against = 45

I said this yesterday, let's say Kodjia comes back and scores 15-20 goals. Who is going to score the other 50-60 goals? We'll be lucky if more than one other makes double figures. Scoring 80 goals isn't in Bruce's locker, if we did go up it would be boring our way into the play offs with fortunate 1-0 wins.

Not much chance of that with the state of our defence at the moment

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #5840 on: September 11, 2017, 05:48:43 PM »

Played = 41
Won = 16
Drawn = 10
Lost = 15
For = 44
Against = 45

I'm surprised one of wise monkeys on here hasnt pointed out to you that Adomah has one of the best records for creating chances and this is the best squad in the league.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5841 on: September 11, 2017, 07:23:38 PM »
In order to get into a promotion mentality, we have to start viewing certain draws as something more like defeats - especially home draws, and especially home draws against relegation-strugglers in which we're generally outplayed. I don't care about a steady accumulation of the odd point here and there, muddling along to an innocuous 13th place - I care about wins, and Bruce doesn't have nearly enough of them to justify his continued presence in the touchline.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #5842 on: September 11, 2017, 07:28:37 PM »

Played = 41
Won = 16
Drawn = 10
Lost = 15
For = 44
Against = 45

I'm surprised one of wise monkeys on here hasnt pointed out to you that Adomah has one of the best records for creating chances and this is the best squad in the league.

Bit odd that he can barely get a game then isn't it?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5843 on: September 11, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »
In order to get into a promotion mentality, we have to start viewing certain draws as something more like defeats - especially home draws, and especially home draws against relegation-strugglers in which we're generally outplayed. I don't care about a steady accumulation of the odd point here and there, muddling along to an innocuous 13th place - I care about wins, and Bruce doesn't have nearly enough of them to justify his continued presence in the touchline.

I almost get the impression, remarkably in a way, that the manner in which he got promoted with Hull only 2 seasons ago no longer applies. You have to way more aggressive and just grinding out results just isn't going to cut it anymore.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5844 on: September 11, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »

Played = 41
Won = 16
Drawn = 10
Lost = 15
For = 44
Against = 45

Given who our manager is, no, it's not.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5845 on: September 11, 2017, 07:46:25 PM »
Yes and all because we signed EL F in Mohammady the useless has been lamp post.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #5846 on: September 11, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »

Played = 41
Won = 16
Drawn = 10
Lost = 15
For = 44
Against = 45

Not really _ he's terrible and the internet is an irony free zone.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #5847 on: September 11, 2017, 09:04:45 PM »
Yes and all because we signed EL F in Mohammady the useless has been lamp post.

Don't hold back, say what you mean. 😁

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #5848 on: September 11, 2017, 09:36:56 PM »

I almost get the impression, remarkably in a way, that the manner in which he got promoted with Hull only 2 seasons ago no longer applies. You have to way more aggressive and just grinding out results just isn't going to cut it anymore.

This argument just isn't tenable. There's simply no way that football in the championship has evolved so much in two seasons that "the Bruce way" was good enough for promotion then and not even top half now.

He's clearly capable of more than he's shown with us. That doesn't mean he'll do it. But there's a lot of absolute horse shit being spoken about how he's incapable, stupid, a footballing dinosaur, etc.

It's really not working out for anyone and he's got a big part of the responsibility, but it's not inevitable or inherent in the way he managers

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #5849 on: September 11, 2017, 09:42:52 PM »
Elmohamady will be the new Hutton, picked week in week out however he plays he is there to head on goal kicks, masquerades as a tactic I believe

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal