collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113945 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5760 on: September 10, 2017, 06:34:34 PM »
"We have become the football equivalent of Reek."

Look at John's posts, he's clearly not a reader winky thing. He meant we were Theon not Ramsay pretending to be Reek.

It's a daft analogy as Theon grows metaphorical balls after being a punching bag, with the odd redeeming moment and is off to kill Euron and meet his end gloriously in doing so.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5761 on: September 10, 2017, 06:35:25 PM »
The most frustrating thing about Bruce is that we won 4-2 playing a style that was much more suited to the squad but the only bit of that result he seemed to notice was the 2 so he switched to a back 5 for the next game (I'm ignoring the cup because I don't see what relevance a Villa XI beating a Wigan XI has on league form) and then when it was obvious that a 3 centre backs didn't work he took 2 weeks (on a Portuguese beach) to come up with the plan of playing exactly the same as we did against Hull, Cardiff and Reading, with a 451 where the 1 is in his own postcode.

The next bit I find frustrating is that we had an international break where we lost about 10 players but that still leaves 15-20 players in training but Bruce fucked off on holiday for a week, if we'd been playing well I'd be fine with it but when the team is mostly a disjointed mess I just can't get behind him deciding it was the time for a break after a couple of weeks of the season.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #5762 on: September 10, 2017, 06:38:52 PM »
Good post paul_e. All good points.

He's a dead man walking, don't leave it three more games Tony.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5763 on: September 10, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »

Look at John's posts, he's clearly not a reader winky thing. He meant we were Theon not Ramsay pretending to be Reek.

It's a daft analogy as Theon grows metaphorical balls after being a punching bag, with the odd redeeming moment and is off to kill Euron and meet his end gloriously in doing so.

No he was talking about how 'we' have had our expectations and morale lowered so that we ask questions like 'but who could we get that's better', and are thus Reek. I hope his story arc comes true for us.

Online paul_e

« Reply #5764 on: September 10, 2017, 07:13:12 PM »

No he was talking about how 'we' have had our expectations and morale lowered so that we ask questions like 'but who could we get that's better', and are thus Reek. I hope his story arc comes true for us.

In this scenario which one of the bunch of useless c**ts we've had in the dugout over the last few years did 'the act' and waved the sausage at us?

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #5765 on: September 10, 2017, 07:24:40 PM »
Bruce fucked off on holiday for a week... I just can't get behind him deciding it was the time for a break after a couple of weeks of the season.
I didn't know this. A holiday? What in the mother of fuck?

Offline KRS

« Reply #5766 on: September 10, 2017, 07:25:56 PM »
Steve Bruce. Fuck right off.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5767 on: September 10, 2017, 07:26:41 PM »
Either Bruce gets it right or he's sacked and the new bloke has us promoted. Fret not brothers.

Weren't we saying this 12 months back?

I do agree if we sack SB after Boro there's plenty of games still left. Leave it another month and we saw last season it isn't easy to catch up teams 10-15 points ahead.

Already Cardiff are 10 points ahead of us and I don't see them being in top 2 end of the season.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #5768 on: September 10, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »
Just been having a discussion with a lad I know who genuinely thinks we weren't negative yesterday and the fans are all fickle.

We set out to attack and should have been two up at half time.

I could only think his seat in the Holte faces out towards the M6.   

You need to disown plonks in your life. He is a good example as any.

Ask him if he voted for Brexit whilst you're at it ::)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5769 on: September 10, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
Spent the day talking with fellow pissed off villa fans and piss taking blue noses. Enough is enough. Steve Bruce is a busted flush and he needs to be removed ASAP. He is a footballing dinosaur and I want him gone. I've had enough of his spin and his brainless tactics. I've had enough of his boring anti-football. Just do it Tony.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5770 on: September 10, 2017, 07:39:04 PM »
Bruce fucked off on holiday for a week... I just can't get behind him deciding it was the time for a break after a couple of weeks of the season.

It's been bugging me all weekend, I was sure I read somewhere he'd pissed off to the Algarve but thought I may have imagined it. We have a first team squad of 32 players plus 5 out on loan. 10 went out on international duty. Of course he had nothing to do.

Online paul_e

« Reply #5771 on: September 10, 2017, 07:45:12 PM »

It's been bugging me all weekend, I was sure I read somewhere he'd pissed off to the Algarve but thought I may have imagined it. We have a first team squad of 32 players plus 5 out on loan. 10 went out on international duty. Of course he had nothing to do.

Yep, there were a fair few reports of him being at a resort in the algarve on the last few days of the transfer window, I think it was given as one of the reasons why a couple of the rumours about incomings couldn't be true.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5772 on: September 10, 2017, 07:49:31 PM »
He figured landing the Villa job meant he had arrived. The biggest gig he has ever had. Will ever have. That he'd just come in and it would all just fall into place. It hasn't and he's being proved to be yet another fucking charlatan that has assumed the mantle of manager of our club. He'll be fired soon and walk away with a lovely settlement only to fucking resurface at some non entity club to rebuild his career. Fuck me it's like Groundhog Day except we are the ****** having to live this nightmare over and over again.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5773 on: September 10, 2017, 08:08:10 PM »

NO SPOILERS!

I'm going to wait until the end of the season to watch the 'highlights' DVD.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #5774 on: September 10, 2017, 08:08:25 PM »
His aim is to still be smiling by the end of the month, and if he is, Villa could finally have lift-off.

Yes, there were players he missed out on in the transfer window, but let's be honest, his squad is now brimming with Premier League experience and enough young talent to add a fresh vibe to the place.

When the 56-year-old relaxed on the beach during a short break last weekend he would have taken that in and the confidence is there going into the next batch of games.

The boss knows tomorrow’s game represents a difficult challenge.

Brentford may well have lost top performers Jota and Harlee Dean to Blues on transfer deadline day but Bruce has seen them bounce back from similar setbacks in the past.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal