collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113788 times)

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5700 on: September 10, 2017, 09:39:21 AM »
I did vote give him until Christmas. I've changed. I have no idea why whenever I watch other teams who have had limited resources compared to us over the years (Huddersfield, Fulham, Brentford etc etc.) they seem to manage to play attacking football at pace yet we are lethargic, boring and negative with no ambition, desire or hope. It's been a chronic problem since O'Neill started to lose the plot and whoever we get in does not seem to be able to find a solution. We should at least fluke not being shit at some point, but it just doesn't seem to happen.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5701 on: September 10, 2017, 09:51:28 AM »
If he can have us back in serious contention by the end of the month, he'll deserve the chance to carry on. Until then, the chop should be but one abject performance and/or result away.

He'll be gone Tuesday.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #5702 on: September 10, 2017, 10:00:53 AM »
We are already at the point of ''oh x amount of wins on the trot will put us right''. We are every bit the same, dull, lethargic, goal shy bag of shit that we were last season. Midtable written all over it.

Taxi for Spud.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #5703 on: September 10, 2017, 10:03:45 AM »
He seems to say that every bad game. Which is often. He's lost.

The players have to shoulder some of the blame today as a good 7 or 8 of them were below par today.  Steve Bruce just doesn't seem to have any ideas on how to change things when it's not going well and his substitutions today just seemed poorly thought out. 

The evidence is becoming more and more damning on whether he is the man to take us forward. 
The main role of the manager on match day is to ensure that psychologically there are no below-par players on the pitch.

Agree, but sometimes the manager is a bit powerless when players go out and have a shocker.  Ideally you want 7 or 8 good performances which means you're likely to get a good performance and probably a positive result.  If like yesterday, you have 7 or 8 poor performances with a couple of shockers thrown in then you get that kind of rubbish.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #5704 on: September 10, 2017, 10:05:48 AM »
If he can have us back in serious contention by the end of the month, he'll deserve the chance to carry on. Until then, the chop should be but one abject performance and/or result away.

He'll be gone Tuesday.

For me that was yesterday, a performance and result would have given him boost he and the team needs. But no, again, shit performance and result, Brentford for fooks sake 0-0 at home.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #5705 on: September 10, 2017, 10:08:48 AM »
Brentford at Home, 0-0, it happens. It's the continually being outplayed that highlights the deficiencies of Bruceasaurus. We are nowhere closer to having a coherent game plan in both attack and defense as we were x amount of millions and 11 months ago and that's damning.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #5706 on: September 10, 2017, 10:23:17 AM »
Brentford at Home, 0-0, it happens. It's the continually being outplayed that highlights the deficiencies of Bruceasaurus. We are nowhere closer to having a coherent game plan in both attack and defense as we were x amount of millions and 11 months ago and that's damning.

I think it is also worth mentioning that there is little excuse for those who are not on international duty to come back looking more sluggish after an international window than they did before it.  That's been the case with us for some time now and you have to wonder exactly what they are doing during those breaks.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #5707 on: September 10, 2017, 10:27:30 AM »
My concern is that we are more than likely to choose another British manager rather than dable with a foreigner after Garde.

The "press" will say we act too soon and get rid of a good guy  :o

It's ok for them, they deploy their opinions and we are left with the consequences...to be fair they couldn't give a toss to see us floundering...it just means more story lines for them.

Oh and I don't think I can name a really good British manager either.

He really does need to go....heck we could form a committee and run the team better in my opinion.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #5708 on: September 10, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »
While I agree to some extent that the players need to show some responsibility, the fact that were talking 7 or 8 players having poor games points to more than just poor player performances.

Every game starts the same, we sit deep, try to be compact and then hand the initiative to the opposition.

I have heard that Ferguson instructed Man Utd players to explode in the first 25 minutes of every game and go all out to score a goal and if that didn't happen they then regroup.

Obviously Bruce being a defender wasn't listening to any of those team talks, because with the players and money we have in this division we should be able too or attempt employ a similar tactic surely.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:02:46 AM by mrfuse »

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #5709 on: September 10, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
I always remember Big Ron saying how important it was to dominate the first 15 minutes at home, no matter who we were playing.

Get shots in, get corners, some good tackles and then the fans are right up for it and we'd have some momentum.

The way Bruce set up yesterday it was blatantly obvious what would happen. The first ten minutes saw us sat so deep while the Brentford defenders knocked the ball around with hardly any pressure at all. Brentford. Not Barcelona. Brentford, that team who'd just lost three of their best players.

It set the tone for the whole game. He's not going to change.

I'll hold my hands up and say I thought he was a decent appointment at the time. Then again, I thought Micah Richards was a great signing by Tim Sherwood too.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #5710 on: September 10, 2017, 11:09:59 AM »
The media don't seem to be picking up on how crap he is doing.   

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5711 on: September 10, 2017, 11:15:04 AM »
How many points was he on after 6 games in his couple of years at Hull at this level or even back at SHA.

Can't believe he made a start as bad at either as he did here.

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #5712 on: September 10, 2017, 11:41:29 AM »
Bruce is the latest manager unable to get a team to perform the basics consistently to a pre-arranged and practiced plan. His additional problem is he's gutless and terrified of losing. We've also added a couple of well paid has been's to our collection as well as squandered the talents of players who previously did good things at previous clubs.

Bruce has had enough time to prove the job is beyond him.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #5713 on: September 10, 2017, 12:07:27 PM »
It's time

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5714 on: September 10, 2017, 12:08:14 PM »
Better late than never.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal