collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113021 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5685 on: September 10, 2017, 01:29:43 AM »
I don't we have many bad players at all. I think Bruce is completely misusing them, but if someone competent was in charge we'd be near the top of the league.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #5686 on: September 10, 2017, 01:30:45 AM »
I cant say Burnley's style of play has stuck in my mind. I know Dyche looks like a typical British manager but I maybe misjudging him, how do they play?

Generally for his first few years (championship and prem) 4-4-2 with two out and out touchline hugging wingers and big and little man upfront (Vokes + Danny Ings) then they signed Gray.

Morphed a little bit more in the last year to a 4-5-1.

Very rarely signs foreign players. Think Stefan Defour is the only one they signed since promotion although I could be wrong with that. Prefers battle hard brits like Jon Walters, Brady and erm Ashley Westwood.

Remind you of another manager?

Yeah, I think it's very much a case of perfect fit between him and Burnley that is very unlikely to be replicated elsewhere, a bit like Lambert and Norwich.

As for Bruce, I'd sack him before Kodjia gives him a get out of jail free ticket by scrapping a win or two from insipid performances; let a new manager have that so that he doesn't feel the pressure to get immediate results while implementing his ideas.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #5687 on: September 10, 2017, 02:14:05 AM »
I cant say Burnley's style of play has stuck in my mind. I know Dyche looks like a typical British manager but I maybe misjudging him, how do they play?

Generally for his first few years (championship and prem) 4-4-2 with two out and out touchline hugging wingers and big and little man upfront (Vokes + Danny Ings) then they signed Gray.

Morphed a little bit more in the last year to a 4-5-1.

Very rarely signs foreign players. Think Stefan Defour is the only one they signed since promotion although I could be wrong with that. Prefers battle hard brits like Jon Walters, Brady and erm Ashley Westwood.

Remind you of another manager?

Uh oh. Yeah I dont think I want to go on that ride again. Cheers for the info.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #5688 on: September 10, 2017, 02:21:54 AM »
He seems to say that every bad game. Which is often. He's lost.

The players have to shoulder some of the blame today as a good 7 or 8 of them were below par today.  Steve Bruce just doesn't seem to have any ideas on how to change things when it's not going well and his substitutions today just seemed poorly thought out. 

The evidence is becoming more and more damning on whether he is the man to take us forward. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5689 on: September 10, 2017, 02:31:43 AM »
His subs were all forced today though through injuries.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #5690 on: September 10, 2017, 02:46:43 AM »
3 league games left I would say and League cup game .
Even one win v Boro he  should be axe or after forest TV sky match. The Barnsley away TV match could well get everyone seeing it's no longer case Bruce is right man which we all know now he's rather lacking.

I question how he'll get any away win. So  Bruce would be grateful to be in for forest

I hope Calderwood doesn't get an even short term chance . They all need to move on.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5691 on: September 10, 2017, 04:56:44 AM »
Dean Dyche wanted a three year contract, it was discussed with him after RDM

I keep hearing this. I still don't see why a premier league manager would want to drop down a division

Any links etc?

Sean Dyche has not spoken to Villa. Fact. Trust me on this. Friend of a friend. He spoke to Sunderland at one point but didn't fancy it. He has not spoken to us.

Oh yes he did.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5692 on: September 10, 2017, 05:02:39 AM »

He didn't have to bring Flabby on or play Elmo on the left wing though. A disgraceful performance on the pitch and from the manager. If Downing and Traore take us apart on Tuesday he will get his Bolton moment.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5693 on: September 10, 2017, 07:07:51 AM »
I don't we have many bad players at all. I think Bruce is completely misusing them, but if someone competent was in charge we'd be near the top of the league.
Concise and accurate. I like it.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #5694 on: September 10, 2017, 07:13:41 AM »
Bruce: Davis was sore on Friday,  has been suffering for two weeks.

Why play him then?

Because despite signing a load of players none of them are target men...

That statement beggars belief

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #5695 on: September 10, 2017, 07:31:17 AM »
With every week spending £12m on hogan rather than buying a target man just seems a huge mistake

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #5696 on: September 10, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
yes but Davis is a target man who, in my humble opinion, carries no goal scoring threat himself. He holds the ball up, brings others into play but nothing else. And he isn't that quick which in a team stuffed full  of glacial players doesn't help.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #5697 on: September 10, 2017, 08:56:06 AM »
If we had any serious chance of top 6 we would winning home games. Championship experience is not valid as the Leeds boss this season and Wagner last season have proved. Can anyone see us dispatching a team 5-0?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5698 on: September 10, 2017, 09:01:50 AM »
He seems to say that every bad game. Which is often. He's lost.

The players have to shoulder some of the blame today as a good 7 or 8 of them were below par today.  Steve Bruce just doesn't seem to have any ideas on how to change things when it's not going well and his substitutions today just seemed poorly thought out. 

The evidence is becoming more and more damning on whether he is the man to take us forward. 
The main role of the manager on match day is to ensure that psychologically there are no below-par players on the pitch.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5699 on: September 10, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »
Both Hogan and Snodgrass had stripped off and were about to come on when Green pulled up. My hope was that they would replace Whelan and Elmohammady but we will never know his intentions.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal