collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113255 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5640 on: September 09, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »
Why does Wyness need to go? We have an obsession  with getting rid of everyone

Phil OUT!

Just kidding. Yeah Wyness is the least of our troubles right now.

:)

apart from the fact that Bruce is his appointment and he will have a massive say in the next

Bruce was the single outstanding gettable manager for the job of getting us straight back up, it may not have worked out but he was the right appointment at the time.

No he wasn't Sean Dyche was and we wouldn't give him the contract he wanted. Very silly

Was this the same Sean Dyche who thought Ashley Westwood was worth £6m?

The same Sean Dyche that's turned Pointy into a player according to my Burnley supporting mates.

I don't think he's hardly played this season so far.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #5641 on: September 09, 2017, 08:45:02 PM »
Why is it that every single Ferguson-era ex Man Utd player to go into management plays this corned beef style of football? Weren't they watching?

It's exactly because they're trying to be like him that they fail.  He didn't work with the players in training or worry about complex tactics, he focused on getting the right type of players and the right type of coaches so they could be formed into a a cohesive unit and then he got the best of the squad that created and read the games better than anyone around.  He was great at it but for some reason all of his ex-players focus only on getting in the players and ignore the coaching aspect and don't have the same ability to understand the flow of matches.

Thanks. As good an answer as I could've hoped for.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5642 on: September 09, 2017, 08:46:58 PM »
Maybe so, Clampy but they seem happy enough with him and couldn't understand my ridicule when they signed/took him off our hands/paid way over the top for him.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #5643 on: September 09, 2017, 08:48:35 PM »
Maybe so, Clampy but they seem happy enough with him and couldn't understand my ridicule when they signed/took him off our hands/paid way over the top for him.

Would you have him back?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #5644 on: September 09, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »

Would you have him back?

Titus Bramble. Twice.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #5645 on: September 09, 2017, 08:50:32 PM »

Phil OUT!

apart from the fact that Bruce is his appointment and he will have a massive say in the next

Bruce was the single outstanding gettable manager for the job of getting us straight back up, it may not have worked out but he was the right appointment at the time.

No he wasn't Sean Dyche was and we wouldn't give him the contract he wanted. Very silly

Was this the same Sean Dyche who thought Ashley Westwood was worth £6m?

The same Sean Dyche that's turned Pointy into a player according to my Burnley supporting mates.

He never starts him

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5646 on: September 09, 2017, 08:56:14 PM »

Would you have him back?

Absolutely not.  I don't imagine most Burnley fans are overly excited by the signing of Westwood, but it's made bugger all difference to their form, which is that of a solid Premier League team.  Dyche is clearly a very good manager indeed, and one ho hum signing doesn't change that.  Bruce has been exceedingly poor for us.  None of his signings have done very well at all, the football is dreadful and he's not going to get us promoted.  Why you'd single out the signing of Westwood as a stick to beat Dyche with, god only knows.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5647 on: September 09, 2017, 08:58:56 PM »

Would you have him back?

Absolutely not.  I don't imagine most Burnley fans are overly excited by the signing of Westwood, but it's made bugger all difference to their form, which is that of a solid Premier League team.  Dyche is clearly a very good manager indeed, and one ho hum signing doesn't change that.  Bruce has been exceedingly poor for us.  None of his signings have done very well at all, the football is dreadful and he's not going to get us promoted.  Why you'd single out the signing of Westwood as a stick to beat Dyche with, god only knows.

Not sure about that, being here this year is doing wonders for Johnstone's reputation.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #5648 on: September 09, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »

Would you have him back?

Someone with sense, 100%

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #5649 on: September 09, 2017, 09:03:12 PM »
it seems that Xia, Round or Wyness lack the ability to chose a manager successfully

There weren't many complaints when Bruce took over

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5650 on: September 09, 2017, 09:04:57 PM »
it seems that Xia, Round or Wyness lack the ability to chose a manager successfully

**cough**

« Reply #5651 on: September 09, 2017, 09:06:54 PM »

Ha ha, I had a few but yes the board did what the majority wanted

**cough**

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #5652 on: September 09, 2017, 09:07:07 PM »

Phil OUT!

What contract was that?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5653 on: September 09, 2017, 09:16:17 PM »

I don't mean this to sound some sort of defense of their choice of Bruce, although I concede it might. But none of them could ever have imagined that with the level of support they have provided Bruce would be this magnificently inept.

« Reply #5654 on: September 09, 2017, 09:16:51 PM »
Dean Dyche wanted a three year contract, it was discussed with him after RDM

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal