collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2115155 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5355 on: August 30, 2017, 08:30:44 PM »
I do love the way people will spend hours/days/months on here saying something should be done, but when they're asked what exactly it is that should be done, it's not their job.
Yes a bit like the government. We tell them things need fixing but we don't fix them. It's their job. Not sure why you have a problem with it?

Yes, but you can have an opinion about what should be done to improve the health service or who would make a good prime minister. Suggesting the next manager of Aston Villa is not hard, even if it isn't your job.

there's a whole thread on next manager opinions
704 posts on 47 pages

I guess they must have conveniently missed that.

I haven't conveniently missed anything.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #5356 on: August 30, 2017, 08:56:02 PM »
I do love the way people will spend hours/days/months on here saying something should be done, but when they're asked what exactly it is that should be done, it's not their job.
Yes a bit like the government. We tell them things need fixing but we don't fix them. It's their job. Not sure why you have a problem with it?

Yes, but you can have an opinion about what should be done to improve the health service or who would make a good prime minister. Suggesting the next manager of Aston Villa is not hard, even if it isn't your job.

there's a whole thread on next manager opinions
704 posts on 47 pages

I guess they must have conveniently missed that.

I haven't conveniently missed anything.
Unless I've missed it, you've conveniently side stepped Bruce in or out?

Offline Villa75

« Reply #5357 on: August 30, 2017, 09:05:55 PM »
By the time I go pumpkin picking this thread will have withered and died on the vine.

Ah. So you think we'll have a new manager by then?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #5358 on: August 30, 2017, 09:31:35 PM »
Why should any of us be expected to name a ready made replacement, or even a shortlist , just because we can see Bruce is making a hash of things and want something done about it?   Oddly enough my full time non-football related job and other responsibilities make it difficult for me to gain the encyclopaedic knowledge of coaches and managers across Europe and further afield that might allow me to propose a realistic candidate.   Wyness and  Round are full time employees of the club who have, or should have,  the time and resources to do just that.  It's not a cop out to say it's their job because that's exactly what it is.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5359 on: August 30, 2017, 09:40:20 PM »
Why should any of us be expected to name a ready made replacement, or even a shortlist , just because we can see Bruce is making a hash of things and want something done about it?   Oddly enough my full time non-football related job and other responsibilities make it difficult for me to gain the encyclopaedic knowledge of coaches and managers across Europe and further afield that might allow me to propose a realistic candidate.   Wyness and  Round are full time employees of the club who have, or should have,  the time and resources to do just that.  It's not a cop out to say it's their job because that's exactly what it is.

In that case, let's not bother with putting up a poll on a forum so people can choose who they would like as their next manager when Bruce does eventually go. I mean, why even bother chatting about it if it's not our job to choose who it's going to be?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5360 on: August 30, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »

In that case, let's not bother with putting up a poll on a forum so people can choose who they would like as their next manager when Bruce does eventually go. I mean, why even bother chatting about it if it's not our job to choose who it's going to be?

Here's an idea, why don't those who have someone in mind to replace Bruce say who it is and those who don't but still want rid of him just say that instead? Both opinions are equally valid.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5361 on: August 30, 2017, 10:06:54 PM »
Here's an idea, why don't those who have someone in mind to replace Bruce say who it is and those who don't but still want rid of him just say that instead? Both opinions are equally valid.
Yes you would think both opinions with or without suggestions are equally valid but....
Some Posters have suggested names on Manager suggestion thread but that's ignored when critical comments are made on posts where fans have said it's not their job to find a replacement. Strange🤔

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5362 on: August 30, 2017, 10:16:52 PM »
Yes you would think both opinions with or without suggestions are equally valid but....
Some Posters have suggested names on Manager suggestion thread but that's ignored when critical comments are made on posts where fans have said it's not their job to find a replacement. Strange🤔

Yes, very strange indeed. Almost as strange as some fans getting ludicrously precious because someone makes a throwaway comment that doesn't meet with their approval.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #5363 on: August 30, 2017, 10:34:19 PM »

You're missing the point. No harm at all in chatting about it or having a poll, or proposing new managers if people feel that way inclined.  Ultimately it's not going to make a jot of difference to whoever the club would choose. And rightly so as they have paid "professionals" to make that call. Hence I'm just questioning why some people seem to think it's a necessity to propose the next boss before it's allowed to want Bruce out or changes to be made.   

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5364 on: August 30, 2017, 10:37:45 PM »
It's been raining most of the day today. I heard it's going to be similar tomorrow😟

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #5365 on: August 30, 2017, 10:47:05 PM »
Who should be the next manager on page 2 ?I would imagine if we beat Brentford it will drift to page 3
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:49:16 PM by VillaAlways »

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5366 on: August 30, 2017, 10:53:44 PM »

You're missing the point. No harm at all in chatting about it or having a poll, or proposing new managers if people feel that way inclined.  Ultimately it's not going to make a jot of difference to whoever the club would choose. And rightly so as they have paid "professionals" to make that call. Hence I'm just questioning why some people seem to think it's a necessity to propose the next boss before it's allowed to want Bruce out or changes to be made.   

The same paid professionals who will decide if it is time for a change. By that logic therefore it is not going to make a jot of difference what a few posters say on this site. That does not mean they don't have a right to say it, of course they do, but by the same token others who disagree have the right to question them on it. If you are calling for a fundamental change at the club then you have to be prepared to back up why you think it will improve things. Particularly at this club, where in recent years changing managers has often coincided with things getting worse.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #5367 on: August 30, 2017, 11:02:52 PM »
Particularly at this club, where in recent years changing managers has often coincided with things getting worse.

Which one(s) do you feel we should have stuck with longer?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5368 on: August 30, 2017, 11:04:39 PM »
Particularly at this club, where in recent years changing managers has often coincided with things getting worse.

Houlier, Garde and maybe even RDM for me

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #5369 on: August 30, 2017, 11:09:41 PM »

Houlier, Garde and maybe even RDM for me
Houllier was gutted about, the other two hopeless
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:15:15 PM by VillaAlways »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal