collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113897 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5340 on: August 30, 2017, 05:45:16 PM »
The problem fans have in suggesting a realistic manager is that we do not know half of the constraints/parameters that he would have to work under/to.  Only the Owner knows this, although some of this may have been delegated to Wyness.

So not knowing the terms and conditions that Steve Bruce works under should also mean you aren't allowed to comment on his performance either.

Of course you can but that was not my point. I was talking about a future manager and what the Owner's expectations are, time frame, funding, style of football etc., etc.

So do tell us what our owner's thoughts are on the current manager and also please detail what parameters have been set for him.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #5341 on: August 30, 2017, 05:48:54 PM »
I'd love to know what the owner's thoughts are but I'm going yampy trying to decode his Twitter hieroglyphics.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5342 on: August 30, 2017, 06:08:49 PM »
If that was 'hoofball' against Norwich then give, give, give, me more, more, more.
And the other 40 odd games?
How many times has he had them playing good football.

The football hasn't always been great but it's hardly hoofball.
can you give it a name?
Bruceball ?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5343 on: August 30, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »
If that was 'hoofball' against Norwich then give, give, give, me more, more, more.
And the other 40 odd games?
How many times has he had them playing good football.

The football hasn't always been great but it's hardly hoofball.
can you give it a name?
Bruceball ?

Football I've always called it.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #5344 on: August 30, 2017, 06:29:32 PM »
It's football, Jim, but not as we know it.

😉

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #5345 on: August 30, 2017, 07:30:13 PM »
The problem fans have in suggesting a realistic manager is that we do not know half of the constraints/parameters that he would have to work under/to.  Only the Owner knows this, although some of this may have been delegated to Wyness.

So not knowing the terms and conditions that Steve Bruce works under should also mean you aren't allowed to comment on his performance either.

Of course you can but that was not my point. I was talking about a future manager and what the Owner's expectations are, time frame, funding, style of football etc., etc.

So do tell us what our owner's thoughts are on the current manager and also please detail what parameters have been set for him.

Go back and carefully read my original comment.  Hint - I have highlighted the relevant words to help.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #5346 on: August 30, 2017, 07:39:56 PM »

Go back and carefully read my original comment.  Hint - I have highlighted the relevant words to help.

To be honest, i'm struggling to see OMVF's point as well.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #5347 on: August 30, 2017, 07:55:37 PM »

Ok.  I'll start the ball rolling to give some clarity.

1.  How much will we pay a new manager
2.  How much will he be given for transfers in the first transfer window
3.  What will the funding be players wages and transfer fees over the next 3 years
4.  What is the club's view on developing young players
5.  What is the time frame for promotion
etc., etc.

Interviewing for a manager is a two way street.  What are the club offering the potential manager and what is the manager going to give in return.

There are so many unknowns that it is difficult for a fan to say who would be the best realistic candidate.  I could suggest Manager A but he might want too much money.  I could suggest Manager B but he could turn around and say "I'm not putting my reputation on the line if I only have the existing squad to work with".

Is that clear enough now.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #5348 on: August 30, 2017, 08:03:17 PM »
I do love the way people will spend hours/days/months on here saying something should be done, but when they're asked what exactly it is that should be done, it's not their job.
Yes a bit like the government. We tell them things need fixing but we don't fix them. It's their job. Not sure why you have a problem with it?

Yes, but you can have an opinion about what should be done to improve the health service or who would make a good prime minister. Suggesting the next manager of Aston Villa is not hard, even if it isn't your job.

there's a whole thread on next manager opinions
704 posts on 47 pages

I guess they must have conveniently missed that.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #5349 on: August 30, 2017, 08:05:43 PM »

Ok.  I'll start the ball rolling to give some clarity.

1.  How much will we pay a new manager
2.  How much will he be given for transfers in the first transfer window
3.  What will the funding be players wages and transfer fees over the next 3 years
4.  What is the club's view on developing young players
5.  What is the time frame for promotion
etc., etc.

Interviewing for a manager is a two way street.  What are the club offering the potential manager and what is the manager going to give in return.

There are so many unknowns that it is difficult for a fan to say who would be the best realistic candidate.  I could suggest Manager A but he might want too much money.  I could suggest Manager B but he could turn around and say "I'm not putting my reputation on the line if I only have the existing squad to work with".

Is that clear enough now.

There's no need to be snippy. I was just trying to get my head round what you were trying to say.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #5350 on: August 30, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Bruce out!, he's fkn useless, and deep down we all know he wasn't what we needed, perhaps we'll get it right next time, I'm not holding my breath though.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5351 on: August 30, 2017, 08:23:04 PM »
By the time I go pumpkin picking this thread will have withered and died on the vine.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #5352 on: August 30, 2017, 08:24:59 PM »
Pick us a pumpkin, draw a face on it, place it on the bench at Villa Park and it will do a better job than what Bruce has cobbled together so far.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #5353 on: August 30, 2017, 08:27:19 PM »
Pressure on this season is huge isn't it? Normally after this number of games we wouldn't give a f**k about the manager

Online LukeJames

« Reply #5354 on: August 30, 2017, 08:30:09 PM »
Of course it is, its pretty much universally agreed that we need to get ourselves up this season or we may be here for a long time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal