collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113873 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5325 on: August 30, 2017, 01:37:42 PM »
I do love the way people will spend hours/days/months on here saying something should be done, but when they're asked what exactly it is that should be done, it's not their job.
Yes a bit like the government. We tell them things need fixing but we don't fix them. It's their job. Not sure why you have a problem with it?

Yes, but you can have an opinion about what should be done to improve the health service or who would make a good prime minister. Suggesting the next manager of Aston Villa is not hard, even if it isn't your job.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:40:15 PM by Clampy »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #5326 on: August 30, 2017, 01:49:22 PM »
It's really a thought process isn't it. Existing manager is doing shit, spout about it in a message board initially saying he should go, a few days or a week later your natural thought process should have popped a name or two in your head, so even if you didn't know who to suggest straight away you would normally expect to a little while later after giving it some thought. You don't just bang on and on about it for weeks without thinking about who should come in. This is a message board after all, if someone got your thoughts the first time around it's better to elaborate on it further down the line, especially when challenged.
That's why personally, despite losing patience with Bruce I'm not desperate for him to be sacked because I can't then say who should replace him. If I could maybe I'd be more in the Bruce out camp myself.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #5327 on: August 30, 2017, 01:56:23 PM »
It's really a thought process isn't it. Existing manager is doing shit, spout about it in a message board initially saying he should go, a few days or a week later your natural thought process should have popped a name or two in your head, so even if you didn't know who to suggest straight away you would normally expect to a little while later after giving it some thought. You don't just bang on and on about it for weeks without thinking about who should come in. This is a message board after all, if someone got your thoughts the first time around it's better to elaborate on it further down the line, especially when challenged.
That's why personally, despite losing patience with Bruce I'm not desperate for him to be sacked because I can't then say who should replace him. If I could maybe I'd be more in the Bruce out camp myself.
This is where I am, I have no idea who could realistically replace Bruce, so my only hope is he can turn things around.with arguably the strongest squad in the league

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #5328 on: August 30, 2017, 02:09:06 PM »
The problem fans have in suggesting a realistic manager is that we do not know half of the constraints/parameters that he would have to work under/to.  Only the Owner knows this, although some of this may have been delegated to Wyness.

So not knowing the terms and conditions that Steve Bruce works under should also mean you aren't allowed to comment on his performance either.

Of course you can but that was not my point. I was talking about a future manager and what the Owner's expectations are, time frame, funding, style of football etc., etc.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5329 on: August 30, 2017, 02:23:21 PM »
I do love the way people will spend hours/days/months on here saying something should be done, but when they're asked what exactly it is that should be done, it's not their job.
Yes a bit like the government. We tell them things need fixing but we don't fix them. It's their job. Not sure why you have a problem with it?

Yes, but you can have an opinion about what should be done to improve the health service or who would make a good prime minister. Suggesting the next manager of Aston Villa is not hard, even if it isn't your job.

there's a whole thread on next manager opinions
704 posts on 47 pages
you might not like or agree with them but for people to keep saying who can replace him as if there's no one else about is nonsense

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5330 on: August 30, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
And that has been done by me and other posters. Don't really see what your point is here?

Offline Villa75

« Reply #5331 on: August 30, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »
And that has been done by me and other posters. Don't really see what your point is here?

I think people have a cheek, coming on  'Bruce out' thread stating that they want "Bruce out!".

Now, if we only had a thread called 'Manager suggestions' where people could suggest who they think the next manager should be.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5332 on: August 30, 2017, 03:36:44 PM »
If that was 'hoofball' against Norwich then give, give, give, me more, more, more.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #5333 on: August 30, 2017, 03:51:35 PM »
If that was 'hoofball' against Norwich then give, give, give, me more, more, more.

I'm not trying to be deliberately pessimistic, but that Millwall then went and put 4 past them (whilst keeping a clean sheet) makes me think that this was perhaps more about Norwich being dreadful at the back, rather than our attacking strategy.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5334 on: August 30, 2017, 04:02:23 PM »

I'm not trying to be deliberately pessimistic, but that Millwall then went and put 4 past them (whilst keeping a clean sheet) makes me think that this was perhaps more about Norwich being dreadful at the back, rather than our attacking strategy.
A bit of both and.
Millwall's defence is obviously better than ours, despite our surfeit of internationals (or ex-internationals).

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5335 on: August 30, 2017, 04:16:16 PM »
And the other 40 odd games?
How many times has he had them playing good football.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5336 on: August 30, 2017, 04:20:17 PM »

I don't know, I don't get to many matches.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5337 on: August 30, 2017, 04:50:16 PM »

In a similar vein, we always have some posters swearing blind that no manager would touch us if we dispense with an underperforming manager, then when that manager is replaced by a new  after all, they repeat the same argument.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5338 on: August 30, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »

The football hasn't always been great but it's hardly hoofball.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #5339 on: August 30, 2017, 05:02:45 PM »
I'm not sure anyone in the Championship plays really great football on a regular basis. It's a pretty cack league.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal