collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2115207 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5100 on: August 27, 2017, 12:06:41 PM »
Warnock knows what he's doing at this level.

Big problem I had is I assume SB would revitalize us exactly like Cardiff have been. It just hasn't happened and he will be gone if we don't significantly pick up results in September given who we're playing.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #5101 on: August 27, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »
Yep - by end September we'll either be right in the mix or Bruce will be in a lot of trouble

I think we will be right in the mix personally but let's see

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5102 on: August 27, 2017, 12:17:44 PM »
Yep - by end September we'll either be right in the mix or Bruce will be in a lot of trouble

I think we will be right in the mix personally but let's see

I think we will be too or just outside the play offs.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5103 on: August 27, 2017, 12:21:10 PM »
I think so too. In the top six and the Dreadnaught of a club that we are starts to build up unstoppable momentum.

Other clubs perceive us as a difficult game in this league because we are miles bigger than them and have a really strong squad. We need to complete the triumvirate of adding "and they've won x on the spin too".

Going a goal down at Villa Park should be a heads dropping that's that then experience.

Offline rogfromb6

« Reply #5104 on: August 27, 2017, 01:01:07 PM »
I'm with those who say we'll have a better idea of our prospects by the end of September.

Whether by luck or design I think Bruce has now have worked out our strongest team and I expect results to improve with the favourable fixtures to come.

We're also pretty much in touch with all the teams we expected to be our main rivals for promotion notwithstanding the indifferent start. I'd be more worried if Boro, Derby, Wednesday we're the top 3 at the moment.

As far for Cardiff they play Fulham, Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Leeds and Derby next month. If they're still top come the end of September then they are the real deal.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5105 on: August 27, 2017, 01:32:13 PM »
We are all in the wait and see camp regardless of our opinion of Bruce.
I think we will do just enough for him to soldier on.
Our chances of automatic promotion will be gone.

Offline ez

« Reply #5106 on: August 27, 2017, 09:35:25 PM »
I don't care that it is still early in the season.
To be 10 points off the pace after 5 fucking games is diabolical and disgraceful.
Absolutely agree Andy.

Me too. Out with the potato. It's unbelievable to me that people actually believe he's the right man for the job. He's clueless.

Hard to disagree with that. You can't disregard games just because they are early in the season. They all count.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #5107 on: August 27, 2017, 09:59:30 PM »
I don't care that it is still early in the season.
To be 10 points off the pace after 5 fucking games is diabolical and disgraceful.
We're 7 points off the automatic spots, but agree it's been a crap start

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5108 on: August 27, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »
I just wonder what are people's expectations for the season, automatic promotion or the play-offs?

Offline TonyD

« Reply #5109 on: August 27, 2017, 11:22:09 PM »
I think waiting for Bruce to turn it around is an example of the gambler's fallacy. You find it impossible to cut your losses because you figure your losing streak is bound to end soon, when in actual fact it's much better to leave the table and learn your lesson. We can all see the type of football Bruce has us playing. We know it's not going to change just by waiting. Two games in doesn't matter - we know what we can expect based on the last ten months so let's get rid.
Perfectly put.
After the last few games,  this post needs bumping again.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #5110 on: August 27, 2017, 11:30:48 PM »
I think waiting for Bruce to turn it around is an example of the gambler's fallacy. You find it impossible to cut your losses because you figure your losing streak is bound to end soon, when in actual fact it's much better to leave the table and learn your lesson. We can all see the type of football Bruce has us playing. We know it's not going to change just by waiting. Two games in doesn't matter - we know what we can expect based on the last ten months so let's get rid.
Perfectly put.
What are you saying? That there hasn't been an improvement in the last few games

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5111 on: August 27, 2017, 11:39:33 PM »
It seems pretty daft to laud a post about lack of change on the back of improved performances.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5112 on: August 28, 2017, 12:03:05 AM »
I just wonder what are people's expectations for the season, automatic promotion or the play-offs?

Has to be automatic promotion for me.

I guess if you gave a choice here between 2nd or winning the play offs most would take the Wembley win but I just wouldn't fancy us in that scenario given our no shows at Wembley over the last 20 years.

Would people really fancy this squad in the one off 200m game?

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #5113 on: August 28, 2017, 12:47:55 AM »
Perfectly put.
What are you saying? That there hasn't been an improvement in the last few games
There was an improvement in the previous two home games without a doubt but then he went to Bristol City and shit himself.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #5114 on: August 28, 2017, 12:59:24 AM »
Perfectly put.
There was an improvement in the previous two home games without a doubt but then he went to Bristol City and shit himself.
Still an improvement from previous results though and the 1-3 last season. A point away from home is hardly the stuff of nightmares when we've lost the previous 2  away games.If your expectation is to win every single game from here on in I think that's unrealistic. However if we're not in touching distance come October he has to go.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:01:27 AM by VillaAlways »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal