collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113529 times)

Offline Leicester_Villian

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #5010 on: August 26, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »
You expected a defeat didn't you? With Hogan to start.

I didn't expect him to change formation either but then again I was wrong about a defeat

Offline Allan C

« Reply #5011 on: August 26, 2017, 11:20:50 AM »
I'm getting increasingly angry about the so called experts who continually say that Bruce needs time and he'll get it right given that time and how "he knows how to get out of this league" and "his proven track record" etc etc. Everywhere you turn from talksport to the commentators last night. These guys need to go to VP week in week out and witness the rubbish that Bruce's teams produce. Get rid now. Two wins at home against poor teams hasn't changed a thing in my view.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #5012 on: August 26, 2017, 11:22:28 AM »
Can we fuck him of ASAP so he doesn't destroy any remaining confidence and we have some chance to make a fight of it this season.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5013 on: August 26, 2017, 11:23:50 AM »
He still behaves as though his career began with this season's game against Hull.  The dissatisfaction of the fans with him goes back to the previous 36 games he was in charge.  Vultures circling is right out of the DOL fickle fans playbook.

He was talking about the press not the fans with the 'vultures' comment.

In your opinion he is but it actually doesn't matter.  Unless he lives in a cave he'll know that anything the press have said is only a reflection of places like this forum so he'll know full well that fans have shared the concerns.  To dismiss them as ridiculous nonsense and use phrases like circling vultures is, whether he intends it or not, dismissing the opinions of fans.  Lots of what he's said since Norwich has felt like "ha, see I know more about football than you do so shut up" and again that isn't just aimed at the press.  You won't read it that way because you've been supportive of him and think those of us who have criticised him are wrong so he's just reflecting your own view when he comes out with this.

Offline ez

« Reply #5014 on: August 26, 2017, 11:24:30 AM »
He's definitely become more defensive of himself recently. He's losing the honesty i liked him for last season. He's running out of excuses.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #5015 on: August 26, 2017, 11:32:27 AM »
Two wins and a draw in a week and I expected the time to be a little brighter

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #5016 on: August 26, 2017, 11:36:40 AM »
He's definitely become more defensive of himself recently. He's losing the honesty i liked him for last season. He's running out of excuses.

Yep, agreed.

What frustrated me was how he said the criticism of him was ridiculous. Then he said the two wins had created "euphoria". Really Steve? I was chuffed with two wins and eight goals but believe me, I'm not in a state of being euphoric. Any hopes of gaining some momentum were being completely dumbed down. If we want to get promoted, we'll need long runs of good results.

Then after the game he was talking about how well we'd done especially because of the atmosphere. We played Bristol City, not Real Madrid. That's why we've signed all these leaders so that "atmospheres" are not an issue, surely?

I liked the fact that SB saw the same game as me, and told it how it was. Now he's become quite bitter and defensive.

...and changing to three at the back really annoyed me. I know he changed it, but we spent the first part of the game right under the cosh and then had a quality centre half playing at right back for 20 minutes.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5017 on: August 26, 2017, 11:41:37 AM »
He still behaves as though his career began with this season's game against Hull.  The dissatisfaction of the fans with him goes back to the previous 36 games he was in charge.  Vultures circling is right out of the DOL fickle fans playbook.

In your opinion he is but it actually doesn't matter.  Unless he lives in a cave he'll know that anything the press have said is only a reflection of places like this forum so he'll know full well that fans have shared the concerns.  To dismiss them as ridiculous nonsense and use phrases like circling vultures is, whether he intends it or not, dismissing the opinions of fans.  Lots of what he's said since Norwich has felt like "ha, see I know more about football than you do so shut up" and again that isn't just aimed at the press.  You won't read it that way because you've been supportive of him and think those of us who have criticised him are wrong so he's just reflecting your own view when he comes out with this.

Not in my opinion, I saw the post match interview on the pitch after the game. I think he sometimes chooses his words badly but the habit of picking them apart like 6th form English students is one of the more tiresome traits of the Internet age. Another is thinking that people then do not have the right to defend themselves. It's not a case of being supportive or not, I am not that petty, it's about being fair.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #5018 on: August 26, 2017, 11:42:37 AM »
Two wins and a draw in a week and I expected the time to be a little brighter

That's like giving a starving man a couple of chips, and then asking him why he's not doing cartwheels.

Offline ez

« Reply #5019 on: August 26, 2017, 11:48:09 AM »

Yes. If he finished last season on a good run he'd be quick to include it rather than write it off as an irrelevance.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5020 on: August 26, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »

Not in my opinion, I saw the post match interview on the pitch after the game. I think he sometimes chooses his words badly but the habit of picking them apart like 6th form English students is one of the more tiresome traits of the Internet age. Another is thinking that people then do not have the right to defend themselves. It's not a case of being supportive or not, I am not that petty, it's about being fair.

One of the things I find tiresome is people reading the first few words of a post and then deciding to respond.

About being fair?  we've had 10 points from his last 11 games and we need to get 21-22 from that many if we want to be promoted, what's fair is that he starts delivering results rather than talking about how difficult it is and how everyone is being mean to him.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5021 on: August 26, 2017, 12:13:50 PM »
He has form for being prickly with the fans when things aren't going well, especially at Sunderland where he moaned about their oversized expectations (read: win one game) and their apparent Geordiephobia against him. People can read too much into manager's statements, but there's no doubt he's being unhelpful here in my view.

Last night was a step backwards after the two steps forwards. It's still progress of a sort, but it's snail-slow progress in a league we should be running through. His tinkering around was counter-productive, his loading of eggs into the John Terry basket a touch mysterious, his attitude in interviews (his only chance to interact with the fans) obtuse and brittle, and his record at the club substantially underwhelming.

He's showed signs in the last week that he can do it, but never forget there were signs with Lambert and even Sherwood which turned out to be illusory. The long-term picture is against him, and he needs consistent improvement to change that.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5022 on: August 26, 2017, 12:16:36 PM »

One of the things I find tiresome is people reading the first few words of a post and then deciding to respond.

About being fair?  we've had 10 points from his last 11 games and we need to get 21-22 from that many if we want to be promoted, what's fair is that he starts delivering results rather than talking about how difficult it is and how everyone is being mean to him.

I am annoyed with myself for breaking my recently imposed decision to ignore your posts as you tend get personal and will tolerate no opinion but your own. I will not make the same mistake again.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #5023 on: August 26, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
4-5-1
No Terry
No Hutton
Snodgrass for Elmo

Johnstone
Bree
Taylor
Chester
Some big fucker
Jedinak
Onomah
Hourihane
Snodgrass
Kodjia
Davis

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5024 on: August 26, 2017, 12:17:54 PM »

And despite the endless criticism, i've not heard any 'Bruce Out' chants from the stands home or away. Quite telling really.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal