collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113878 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4995 on: August 26, 2017, 09:49:05 AM »
Norwich's second was Chester's fault. He is wildly out of position having been chasing the ball and Terry has to come across to cover the space, leaving him neither here nor there. If Chester had held discipline Terry would have been in position.

Defenders will give up free kicks. The fact we had three opportunities to clear a tame shot that was charged down means you're really stretching, as others are, to try and blame Terry for something. Anything.

I'm going to check the Zapruder film again. Terry's probably on the grassy knoll.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #4996 on: August 26, 2017, 09:51:58 AM »
It looks more like you're stretching to relieve him of all responsibility for his obvious mistakes to be honest.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #4997 on: August 26, 2017, 09:55:35 AM »
We looked more secure with Chester and Baker, than we do with Chester and Terry.

The fact that Bruce invested so much time, energy and money in getting Terry, when we did not need him, is an indictment on Bruce

Offline Ads

« Reply #4998 on: August 26, 2017, 10:00:12 AM »
Not really, I just know what I'm looking at. If it escaped you as to why there was only one centre half in position then fair enough. Chester has been atrocious so far this season.

Charging out for Norwich to give away the second, getting eaten at Cardiff. That's Terry's fault apparently that his distribution, decision making and pace deserted him. Playing next to plodders like Nathan "I'll let this ball bounce" Baker must have made him look better than he is.

Or truth be told, Chester is just in poor form.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #4999 on: August 26, 2017, 10:15:10 AM »
He can't complain about money with the amount of his signings that arent starting matches. +£20m last night.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5000 on: August 26, 2017, 10:21:11 AM »
The excuses need to end, we need to get on a sequence of dominant wins now. We probably need something like 5 wins out of 6 to actually get the belief that we can dominate.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5001 on: August 26, 2017, 10:42:11 AM »
Not really, I just know what I'm looking at. If it escaped you as to why there was only one centre half in position then fair enough. Chester has been atrocious so far this season.

Charging out for Norwich to give away the second, getting eaten at Cardiff. That's Terry's fault apparently that his distribution, decision making and pace deserted him. Playing next to plodders like Nathan "I'll let this ball bounce" Baker must have made him look better than he is.

Chester is in poor form largely because he's being asked to play a different way so he doesn't know what his positioning should be.  The normal setup for a back 4 is you have a ball winner and cover defender we're playing with 2 people who want to be the cover defender.

I don't blame Terry but signing him has upset the balance because we're now in a situation where it appears that our 2 best central defenders can't play together so do you prioritise the big name 36 year old or the guy who was one of our 2-3 decent players last season and will be an asset still if we're promoted.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #5002 on: August 26, 2017, 10:52:40 AM »
Quote from Bruce ....

"The vultures gathered sooner than I expected this season, which is perhaps a sign of the times, but tonight we have sent our fans home happy."

Get in the real world Bruce we are NOT happy with a point at Bristol City ... we expect a win at these places

Offline Ads

« Reply #5003 on: August 26, 2017, 10:54:07 AM »
You expected a defeat didn't you? With Hogan to start.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5004 on: August 26, 2017, 10:56:58 AM »
He still behaves as though his career began with this season's game against Hull.  The dissatisfaction of the fans with him goes back to the previous 36 games he was in charge.  Vultures circling is right out of the DOL fickle fans playbook.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5005 on: August 26, 2017, 10:58:44 AM »

Chester is in poor form largely because he's being asked to play a different way so he doesn't know what his positioning should be.  The normal setup for a back 4 is you have a ball winner and cover defender we're playing with 2 people who want to be the cover defender.

I don't blame Terry but signing him has upset the balance because we're now in a situation where it appears that our 2 best central defenders can't play together so do you prioritise the big name 36 year old or the guy who was one of our 2-3 decent players last season and will be an asset still if we're promoted.

There is no doubt that the defence has looked less secure so far this season but think there might be a little more to it than that.

I think Jedinak protected the centre backs last season to a great extent, without him we looked exposed and Baker's limitations were shown up. If we are going to play more on the front foot it inevitably leads to a trade off with defensive solidity. I will be interested to see how we set up once he is available again particularly with Snodgrass hopefully adding a little more attacking wise.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #5006 on: August 26, 2017, 10:59:49 AM »
Once managers come out with shady shit like this, you know the end is near. The only vulture Bruce has to worry about is Dr T who will swoop soon.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5007 on: August 26, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
These sort of quotes won't help him.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5008 on: August 26, 2017, 11:15:26 AM »
He still behaves as though his career began with this season's game against Hull.  The dissatisfaction of the fans with him goes back to the previous 36 games he was in charge.  Vultures circling is right out of the DOL fickle fans playbook.

He was talking about the press not the fans with the 'vultures' comment.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #5009 on: August 26, 2017, 11:17:28 AM »
His recent comments are not those of a confident guy who knows what he's doing, or where he's going.

Only an amazing run of wins is going to save him now, in my view.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal