collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113532 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4980 on: August 26, 2017, 08:43:48 AM »
The writing has been on the wall since last May.  We have to start this season well.  Not average, not so so, not hopefully, not a work in progress but well.  We have started poorly.  The summer should have been spent on the training ground with a more than adequate group of players building team spirit and team cohesion.  Instead we had the distraction of the Terry circus and the buying in of players for positions the inclusion of whom in the team would cause disruption.  Chris Samba who has in fairness not played badly has been a project like the rehabilitation of Gabby and the flirting with the hope of Richards transforming himself - distractions from the need to play as a team and to play with a positive attitude.

Last night disappointed me because it was a step back to Bruce-knows-best team and tactical tinkering.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4981 on: August 26, 2017, 08:48:01 AM »
He really is the Donald Trump of football, full of spin and bullshit.

The poisonous atmosphere was down to 'one bad week'.
The ridiculous pressure building up and calls for his head were after 'one bad week'.

But then he goes on to admit how unbelievably shit our away form is and has been for years and that it must improve ??
How does that square with 'one bad week' ?

Bruce is now officially a delusional twat, who is using the old diversionary tactics routine of blaming every other fucker instead of himself.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #4982 on: August 26, 2017, 08:59:11 AM »
I said earlier in the week that Bruce should go ....but people slated me after the two home wins .......

We had played well last week and needed to push on ....so what did Bruce do? Change the formation and it looked like nobody had a clue how to play

Bruce is simply negative and always will be !

People seem happy taking a point from a side who just missed relegation last season and its unlikely they will be a top half team - it is simply not good enough if we are to up we MUST win at these places

This is Bruce's team but he still clearly does not know his formation or best side

Any less than 2 wins in the next 2 games both at home and Bruce MUST go ..... we need a plan and he does not have one

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #4983 on: August 26, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »
From the reports our best player was one we have on loan, have a look at the squad and work out how many players would survive in the prem, two or three is my guess.
So even if Bruce got us up we would need an almost complete new squad, he has bought in old players to get promoted but what then?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4984 on: August 26, 2017, 09:10:11 AM »
My patience is running very thin, because I have no faith in Bruce getting us winning a sequence of games well. Has he ever been in charge of a team who are expected to dominate the opposition on a regular basis? I don't think he has. The way he set up the team yesterday showed that. We should have been going to Bristol to make a statement of intent, home or away we're the biggest club and we will beat you, but instead we set up to hopefully nick a win and unsurprisingly we failed to do so. This squad is the strongest in the league, but we play like a team hoping to scrape the play-offs.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4985 on: August 26, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »
5 points in 5 games is the kind of form that got RDM sacked last season. Bruce is just about clinging on. For me he needs to win the next league match or go. Whoever the manager is we need to win at least 5 of our next 6 matches (after our poor start) to still be in the mix for automatic promotion at the quarter stage mark of the season. Starting team and formation was again questionable last night. Bearing in mind that up to last night we were averaging conceding 2 goals per game, I believe playing the extra cb was Bruce admitting that project Terry isn't working.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4986 on: August 26, 2017, 09:31:41 AM »
He has messed up with his 4 signings. Terry, Samba, Elmohammady and Whelan. All washed up has beens capable of slowing us down to a snail's pace in any match. These 4 blokes are the new liability  bomb squad and none of them should be anywhere near our team. We are throwing good money after bad at this idiot's behest. His January signings were not impressive either  as he is not prepared to play 3 of them, Barny, Lansbury and Hogan and only got Hourihane back in the team by accident.

DO WE REALLY NEED TO WAIT ANOTHER 5 GAMES?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4987 on: August 26, 2017, 09:35:33 AM »
Terry is comfortably the best centre half in the league. His name stopped a probably penalty last night.

Baker still still letting that ball bounce I see. Good to see Davis rough him up second half. When the lad gets more minutes under him, he really will be an absolute monster to play against.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #4988 on: August 26, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »
Terry is comfortably the best centre half in the league. His name stopped a probably penalty last night.

Baker still still letting that ball bounce I see. Good to see Davis rough him up second half. When the lad gets more minutes under him, he really will be an absolute monster to play against.

It didn't stop him giving away a silly free kick which led to their goal

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #4989 on: August 26, 2017, 09:38:20 AM »

On what he's shown so far, I wouldn't even say he's the best centre half at the club.

Offline Ads

« Reply #4990 on: August 26, 2017, 09:41:51 AM »
Chester whose form has been atrocious? Terry hasn't put a foot wrong.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #4991 on: August 26, 2017, 09:43:23 AM »
terry has totally fucked up our back line. He's a liability, and is quickly making everyone alongside him a liability.

Offline Ads

« Reply #4992 on: August 26, 2017, 09:44:40 AM »
There is some unsupported nonsense here. A liability? How?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #4993 on: August 26, 2017, 09:44:47 AM »
Due to the lack of pace at the back  we seem to drop off alot giving the opposition the initiative
And momentum , I would be tempted to have a look at delaet in the middle he has pace

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #4994 on: August 26, 2017, 09:45:11 AM »
Chester whose form has been atrocious? Terry hasn't put a foot wrong.

Norwich's second and Citys free kick yesterday were directly his fault.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal