collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113722 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4845 on: August 21, 2017, 07:50:46 PM »
Are we the only club in history that's going to abide by FFP?

Also, I can't tell where we're at financially anyway. In one sentence Bruce goes from 'we don't have any money' to 'we've got loads but we can't spend it.'

I think so. Then again just about nobody seems to understand how it actually works, at least I don't and according to the Crystal Palace chairman neither does he or many other clubs leaders.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4846 on: August 21, 2017, 07:53:29 PM »
With FFP, the trick used to seem to be to get promoted before you got found out. I'm not sure if the Football League has any jurisdiction when it comes to chasing Premiership clubs. Aren't Leicester on their "Wanted" list?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4847 on: August 21, 2017, 08:10:41 PM »
http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Relevant bits regarding punishments

Crucially, this harmonisation of the rules comes with the blessing of the Premier League - so we shouldn’t see any repeat of the stand-offs that arose (and are still ongoing) with QPR and Leicester. Previously, the Premier League bosses refused to help the Football League collect the ‘Fair Play Tax’ fines for clubs that overspent but won promotion – this lack of support significantly undermined the Football League and severely impacted on the effectiveness of the Football League punishments.

Any punishment for breach of the rules will be determined by an independent panel (the ‘Fair Play Panel’).

But what are the potential punishments? Previously the Football League has only been able to either; fine promoted clubs (a fine the Premier League didn’t help them collect), or impose a transfer embargo for historic overspending (which always like a stable-door/horse scenario). With this change, a wide range of punishments are now available. Nothing is off the table; the Football League are now able to impose a points deduction during the current season, or demote a club from an automatic promotion position into the play-offs (or out of the play-offs altogether). Transfer embargoes are also available (with the earliest one potentially applying during the Summer 2017 Transfer window.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #4848 on: August 21, 2017, 08:22:20 PM »
Harsh. You might know it came into effect as soon as we dropped.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
« Reply #4849 on: August 21, 2017, 08:23:12 PM »
http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Relevant bits regarding punishments

Crucially, this harmonisation of the rules comes with the blessing of the Premier League - so we shouldn’t see any repeat of the stand-offs that arose (and are still ongoing) with QPR and Leicester. Previously, the Premier League bosses refused to help the Football League collect the ‘Fair Play Tax’ fines for clubs that overspent but won promotion – this lack of support significantly undermined the Football League and severely impacted on the effectiveness of the Football League punishments.

Amazing their their solution to the problem of the FFP's failure was ..... increase the punishments! :) I wonder if anyone brought up the more obvious solution of getting rid of the failed experiment?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4850 on: August 21, 2017, 08:25:22 PM »
On spending Bruce is only delivering pre-emptive strikes against Arry and Pubic. No doubt they will be having a go at out spending power fairly soon this season.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #4851 on: August 21, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »
Harsh. You might know it came into effect as soon as we dropped.
Another reason Lerner is on my list of people who's Nads I'd like boot.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4852 on: August 21, 2017, 09:11:42 PM »
“So I have to use them (youngsters) and that is where we are at this particular moment."

"Them" are keeping you (for now) in a bloody job, you clueless fool. What next, he'll be wanting a bloody medal for finally playing Hourihane in his preferred position. No doubt it would have taken other managers more than 7 months to try it out.

He talks about how our signings this year have struggled to adapt to a big club with high expectations when in reality he's the one with the problem. Get a grip, man!

Bruce is rightly getting enough stick already without trying to  jump on every word he says.
Maybe if the Manager had a bit more grace and shut the .... up

Offline ciggiesnbeer

« Reply #4853 on: August 22, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »
Thanks for shoving my comments right down my throat there Steve. Good job. Love the way we played, love the selections. Please dont stop playing this way.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #4854 on: August 22, 2017, 10:02:33 PM »
Thanks for shoving my comments right down my throat there Steve. Good job. Love the way we played, love the selections. Please dont stop playing this way.
Say it quietly but I think this is our year.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

« Reply #4855 on: August 22, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »

The league or the cup? Or the double? :)

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #4856 on: August 22, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »

Treble.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #4857 on: August 22, 2017, 10:10:04 PM »

Treble lol. SBCABA

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #4858 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4859 on: August 23, 2017, 01:34:00 AM »

Maybe he needs to rise up to our (or at least most of our) expectations.

BRUCE OUT!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal