collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113848 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4830 on: August 21, 2017, 05:47:00 PM »
You have to laugh at the spending line again.....

Steve Bruce has heaped praise on academy chief Kevin MacDonald for giving him a talented bunch of first-team-ready youngsters.

Andre Green, Keinan Davis, and Callum O’Hare are now very much a part of the senior group and high hopes remain for the likes of Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Jake Doyle-Hayes.

Bruce reckons MacDonald’s training methods, disciplined approach and valuable experience has helped their development.

And each player who steps up arrives with energy and enthusiasm from the days working with the 56-year-old Scot.

“All credit for the young ones has to go to Kevin MacDonald and his staff,” said Bruce.

“He is a bit old school and not everyone’s cup of tea.

“But, wow, those kids of ours, if you take one they all have a huge appetite because they have to, playing under him.

“They have a desire about them, a hunger about them and they are fit and healthy.

“I see them run a million miles every other day.

“Him and his staff deserve a pat on the back today because of how they are.”

MacDonald has worked closely with O’Hare, Green and Davis and has played a major role in their achievements so far.

His tough and no-nonsense manner equips them for life away from the football pitch also.

But for Bruce, he needs the youngsters to aid Villa’s promotion push this term as money is tight and ten players have already moved on.

“There is a big myth out there that I have spent millions upon millions - I think I have spent two million quid this summer,” he said.

“I have not got money to spend. It is simply not there.

“So I have to use them (youngsters) and that is where we are at this particular moment.

“We want to spend it, the owner wants to spend it.

“But we can’t because of what has happened in the past.

“I can’t got and buy a player for £5million or £6million so the young ones have their chance.

“If they are good enough then great because the crowd enjoy seeing the young players come through.

“This club has been blessed with it.

“Everywhere you look, your Gareth Barry’s, your Gary Cahill’s. They have all had a good upbringing.”
I didn't realise that there was more than one  Gareth Barry and more than one  Gary Cahill?

Online The Edge

« Reply #4831 on: August 21, 2017, 05:50:40 PM »
“He is a bit old school and not everyone’s cup of tea."

Coming from Bruce, that is some insult.
Snidey put down that was.

Online The Edge

« Reply #4832 on: August 21, 2017, 05:56:50 PM »
With every sincere respect TV we were never shitting ourselves in the second half against Norwich nor were we ever going to be shitting ourselves.  The sea change that happened in the second half was as significant as that of the first half.  The first half was a lightning bolt of us taking the game to the opposition.  It was breathtaking to watch after all the stumbling and missing we have endured under RDM and SB.  The second half was probably better in its own way because we DIDN'T sit back on the lead and grind out the victory.  Norwich scored twice but we held our nerve and scored two more.  It's the scoring of the two more that casts that game in stone.

Now though, what happens next?  Does Bruce go back into smug mode having won a game and play his "sprinkling of youngsters" in the Wigan game which should be easy or save them for the real test against Bristol on Friday?  My guess is that he will put out the better team on Tuesday and keep his old sweats XI for Friday.  Not because it is the sensible thing to do but because his ego was stung last week and he wants to re-establish his Bruce Knows Best attitude.  Like Eric Morecambe telling Andre Previn how to play the piano.
"Listen here sunshine. I'm playing all the right players. Not necessarily in the right positions" 😉

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #4833 on: August 21, 2017, 06:16:23 PM »
Is there a piano gag about playing the right notes in the wrong order? By a comic ??

Online The Edge

« Reply #4834 on: August 21, 2017, 06:21:40 PM »
Is there a piano gag about playing the right notes in the wrong order? By a comic ??
I'm guessing your under 45

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #4835 on: August 21, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »

I took it as projection from Bruce.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #4836 on: August 21, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »

Yes , who was it Morecombe and wise ?

Online The Edge

« Reply #4837 on: August 21, 2017, 06:36:15 PM »

Yes , who was it Morecombe and wise ?
Yes Eric Morecambe with Andre Previn (I think) Google it. Very funny 😂

Online The Edge

« Reply #4838 on: August 21, 2017, 06:37:41 PM »

That's what I'm saying

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4839 on: August 21, 2017, 06:49:08 PM »
“So I have to use them (youngsters) and that is where we are at this particular moment."

"Them" are keeping you (for now) in a bloody job, you clueless fool. What next, he'll be wanting a bloody medal for finally playing Hourihane in his preferred position. No doubt it would have taken other managers more than 7 months to try it out.

He talks about how our signings this year have struggled to adapt to a big club with high expectations when in reality he's the one with the problem. Get a grip, man!

Online Clampy

« Reply #4840 on: August 21, 2017, 06:59:28 PM »
“So I have to use them (youngsters) and that is where we are at this particular moment."

"Them" are keeping you (for now) in a bloody job, you clueless fool. What next, he'll be wanting a bloody medal for finally playing Hourihane in his preferred position. No doubt it would have taken other managers more than 7 months to try it out.

He talks about how our signings this year have struggled to adapt to a big club with high expectations when in reality he's the one with the problem. Get a grip, man!

Bruce is rightly getting enough stick already without trying to  jump on every word he says.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #4841 on: August 21, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »

That's what I'm saying

Ah! Yup :)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4842 on: August 21, 2017, 07:04:15 PM »

Bruce is rightly getting enough stick already without trying to  jump on every word he says.

Pardon me for commenting.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4843 on: August 21, 2017, 07:36:40 PM »
Oh for the days of pub football and finishing 6th.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #4844 on: August 21, 2017, 07:41:12 PM »
Are we the only club in history that's going to abide by FFP?

Also, I can't tell where we're at financially anyway. In one sentence Bruce goes from 'we don't have any money' to 'we've got loads but we can't spend it.'
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:45:03 PM by curiousorange »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal