collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113300 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4815 on: August 21, 2017, 01:54:14 PM »
You have to laugh at the spending line again.....

Steve Bruce has heaped praise on academy chief Kevin MacDonald for giving him a talented bunch of first-team-ready youngsters.

Andre Green, Keinan Davis, and Callum O’Hare are now very much a part of the senior group and high hopes remain for the likes of Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Jake Doyle-Hayes.

Bruce reckons MacDonald’s training methods, disciplined approach and valuable experience has helped their development.

And each player who steps up arrives with energy and enthusiasm from the days working with the 56-year-old Scot.

“All credit for the young ones has to go to Kevin MacDonald and his staff,” said Bruce.

“He is a bit old school and not everyone’s cup of tea.

“But, wow, those kids of ours, if you take one they all have a huge appetite because they have to, playing under him.

“They have a desire about them, a hunger about them and they are fit and healthy.

“I see them run a million miles every other day.

“Him and his staff deserve a pat on the back today because of how they are.”

MacDonald has worked closely with O’Hare, Green and Davis and has played a major role in their achievements so far.

His tough and no-nonsense manner equips them for life away from the football pitch also.

But for Bruce, he needs the youngsters to aid Villa’s promotion push this term as money is tight and ten players have already moved on.

“There is a big myth out there that I have spent millions upon millions - I think I have spent two million quid this summer,” he said.

“I have not got money to spend. It is simply not there.

“So I have to use them (youngsters) and that is where we are at this particular moment.

“We want to spend it, the owner wants to spend it.

“But we can’t because of what has happened in the past.

“I can’t got and buy a player for £5million or £6million so the young ones have their chance.

“If they are good enough then great because the crowd enjoy seeing the young players come through.

“This club has been blessed with it.

“Everywhere you look, your Gareth Barry’s, your Gary Cahill’s. They have all had a good upbringing.”

Offline KRS

« Reply #4816 on: August 21, 2017, 02:00:13 PM »
If only Bruce could be as honest as Mick McCarthy on SSN:

"We could have lost all 4 or 5 games to be honest with you. We've had to scrap it out. Brentford were excellent on Saturday, and Bart had to make some good saves, we've had to defend well, and then when we've had our chances we've took them, but we so easily could have lost all 4 league games. Barnsley battered us for 45 minutes. So we're alright...we're enjoying it but we're not getting carried away".

If Bruce can't admit we've been shit for 10 months then it would at least be nice to accept that Reading deserved to win rather than try to mug us all off that we deserved a draw.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4817 on: August 21, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »
I like all three a great deal. Pace, power and technical ability in Green, Davis and O'Hare respectively.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4818 on: August 21, 2017, 02:06:34 PM »
Apparently Hogan was free, Terry is financing his own wages and all the othe buys fell out of cereal packets.
Before I liked Bruce but disagreed with his methods, now I think he is a complete twat.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4819 on: August 21, 2017, 02:11:05 PM »
“He is a bit old school and not everyone’s cup of tea."

Coming from Bruce, that is some insult.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #4820 on: August 21, 2017, 02:11:47 PM »
his metamorphosis has been dramatic - from rotund nice guy to paranoid Oompa Loompa  in a matter of weeks.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #4821 on: August 21, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »
If he knew he was not going to have alot of money why spunk
Most of it on a player that doesn't fit any so called system we
Have been supposedly playing??

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4822 on: August 21, 2017, 02:22:30 PM »

"We could have lost all 4 or 5 games to be honest with you. We've had to scrap it out. Brentford were excellent on Saturday, and Bart had to make some good saves, we've had to defend well, and then when we've had our chances we've took them, but we so easily could have lost all 4 league games. Barnsley battered us for 45 minutes. So we're alright...we're enjoying it but we're not getting carried away".

If Bruce can't admit we've been shit for 10 months then it would at least be nice to accept that Reading deserved to win rather than try to mug us all off that we deserved a draw.

It's easy to say you're shit when you've won 4 or 5 though isn't it?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4823 on: August 21, 2017, 02:59:01 PM »
Specifically on that one it names O'Hare and Doyle-Hayes (both central midfielders) and he's previously praised Lyden another central midfielder but he's also bought 5 into  the club so if he thinks the kids are so great why has he done that?

If RHM and Davis looked so good why throw so much at Hogan?

Those signings account for over £20m across 2 windows so praising the youth system/players and moaning about having no money after making them seems wrong to me.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #4824 on: August 21, 2017, 03:01:26 PM »

It's easy to say you're shit when you've won 4 or 5 though isn't it?

The problem though is if Bruce truly believes that we could have got something out of the Reading match, he is only going to try and raise the bar a little when it needs to be raised far higher.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4825 on: August 21, 2017, 03:03:27 PM »
Specifically on that one it names O'Hare and Doyle-Hayes (both central midfielders) and he's previously praised Lyden another central midfielder but he's also bought 5 into  the club so if he thinks the kids are so great why has he done that?

Those signings account for over £20m across 2 windows so praising the youth system/players and moaning about having no money after making them seems wrong to me.

O'Hare is more of a forward isn't he?  If we continue to play a three in midfield, with Whelan or Jedinak holding, then it would be interesting to see if O'Hare could play as one of the two more advanced midfielders.  Especially in the second tier, a sustainable model is to only have 18-20 senior pros then work on bringing the young kids through to support that.   

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4826 on: August 21, 2017, 03:10:21 PM »
10/attacking midfielder from what I've seen.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4827 on: August 21, 2017, 03:12:17 PM »
10/attacking midfielder from what I've seen.

From what I have seen, he is more of a @number 10 / second striker type. 

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #4828 on: August 21, 2017, 04:49:08 PM »
I like all three a great deal. Pace, power and technical ability in Green, Davis and O'Hare respectively.

I have too agree with you Ads.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #4829 on: August 21, 2017, 04:55:58 PM »

[/quote

Absolutely and no actual strategy with these signings

It is very strange he is playing it by ear

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal