collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113368 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4335 on: August 16, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
Jesus wept.

I clearly stated that no manager, currently employed In the top two leagues would join us.

You said that's bollocks.

Now you're saying that's not the case?

You said 'will never touch the job'.

You're doing your usual trolling and because I'm having a late lunch, I've sparred for a bit.

However, please do try and stop being such an utter twonk and irritating and trolling away. I know it's the summer holidays, and that you've probably had every summer off for a lot of years, but really?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4336 on: August 16, 2017, 02:44:10 PM »
Knock it on the head please folks.

Offline postal

« Reply #4337 on: August 16, 2017, 03:59:26 PM »
I like Bruce and really felt / wanted him to be the man to drag us out.

But I cant see it happening, and while it is only a handful of games, there doesnt seem to be any structure to the team, regardless of injuries. It does amaze me that professionals just cant pass, or shoot. The fear to do something is still there.

And you make your own luck.

I dont know what the answer is, but I dont know who does.

Also, bit of a bugbear this, but the BBC seem to take pleasure in our misfortune, always putting up stories/ goal updates on the website, that targets Villa. A season or so ago I picked a random team to see if they did the same to them, and they didnt.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4338 on: August 16, 2017, 04:06:06 PM »
I like Bruce and really felt / wanted him to be the man to drag us out.

But I cant see it happening, and while it is only a handful of games, there doesnt seem to be any structure to the team, regardless of injuries. It does amaze me that professionals just cant pass, or shoot. The fear to do something is still there.

And you make your own luck.

I dont know what the answer is, but I dont know who does.

Also, bit of a bugbear this, but the BBC seem to take pleasure in our misfortune, always putting up stories/ goal updates on the website, that targets Villa. A season or so ago I picked a random team to see if they did the same to them, and they didnt.

Infamy Infamy

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #4339 on: August 16, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »
What a shame that Gary Megson has recently been appointed as WBA's head coach.  We will have to remove his name from potential candidates, hopefully along with Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew and Pearson.
I just want us to appoint someone who can get my enthusiasm back, someone with charisma who wants to play attacking football that is good to watch and have people talking about us in a good way.
I don't know who that is but we pay people plenty of money to go and find him.
It will be Moyes or McClaren won't it?

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4340 on: August 16, 2017, 04:58:02 PM »
What a shame that Gary Megson has recently been appointed as WBA's head coach.  We will have to remove his name from potential candidates, hopefully along with Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew and Pearson.
I just want us to appoint someone who can get my enthusiasm back, someone with charisma who wants to play attacking football that is good to watch and have people talking about us in a good way.
I don't know who that is but we pay people plenty of money to go and find him.
It will be Moyes or McClaren won't it?

Moyes would be an awful idea. Took him a long time to produce a half decent team at Everton but successive managers have put him to shame. He's done zilch elsewhere so it's a no from me. As for that total twat Schteve Mclaren? Hells fucking bells. No thanks.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #4341 on: August 16, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »
Sorry if I didn't make it clear  it's a great big no thank you yo Moyes and McClaren, but I fear those reponsible will appoint someone of that ilk.
Neither get anywhere near my wish list of requirements.

Online coreyfeldman

« Reply #4342 on: August 16, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #4343 on: August 16, 2017, 08:07:08 PM »
I am genuinely surprised he didn't get sacked today. I mean its so obvious what needs to be done, what the hell are the club waiting for?

Online The Edge

« Reply #4344 on: August 16, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »
Sorry if I didn't make it clear  it's a great big no thank you yo Moyes and McClaren, but I fear those reponsible will appoint someone of that ilk.
Neither get anywhere near my wish list of requirements.
Me either but I get what your saying. Dean Smith ticks a few boxes for me but once again could he deal with the old weight of expectation problem. But changes are desperately needed at VP. If the club decide to keep Bruce I think changes to the coaching staff are needed pdq. He needs help.

Online The Edge

« Reply #4345 on: August 16, 2017, 08:26:59 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

sound familiar?
Very interesting stuff. He seems to be repeating the same mistakes and repeating the same nonsense in post match press conferences. The comment "I don't really do tactics" is downright alarming. One thing I didn't recognise though was the reporters assessment that Sunderland were known for their high tempo pressing game. He has managed to create the polar opposite of that for us. So I'm mystified as to what style of playing he's attempting to create. I'd like to think that the club hierarchy have read this article.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #4346 on: August 16, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »
I have been wracking my brains for an analogy and the best one I can think of is at work. Numbers have been changed for ease of calculation but it goes something like this.....

The fraud department gets a new director. He is very keen and quite willing to turn on the taps financially to recruit what you have been moaning has been missing for years. He has no clue how to deliver it so sticks his faith in others.

Rather than listening to the technical guru though he gets a little drunk on power so goes and recruits a bloke from Aviva to run the fraud investigation team. That guy won an award whilst managing their team but it was his experienced team that delivered the results he got the accolade for. It was mainly based on a couple of hard hitting investigators the rest of the competition would love to have had on board.
But now it's a bit different.

Tremendous results are being achieved by poorly paid, not previously thought about investigators. And they are doing it by being tech savvy with metadata in photographs and last used dates on electrical items. The day of the former copper kicking someone silly in their house is not a guaranteed method of success anymore.

The problem is that the new director has promised the earth. So he quickly jettisons Aviva boy and recruits a bloke from within with a big reputation with some and a shit one with others.

Now this chap has been turned away from the role of running the team before. He doesn't have the ability to do it is the concern of your technical guy. But fuck it. He is in post now so, although you have reservations, you do your best to help him out.

He has his own cases and leads/is part of, a team of five. They are targeted at saving five million quid that year so a million a man. But there is a worry.

The bloke in question built his reputation internally on great results in scaring chancers away from making fictitious claims for accidentally damaging a telly. Or losing a ring. R spilling paint on their carpet. Now he is expected to nail people deliberately burning down their house. Or orchestrating a massive water leak in a property they want to let but can't afford to refurbish.

The technical guy does his best.  He hands him a new case that is worth plenty and had loads of lines of enquiry. A chance for the new guy to show his mettle even if he doesn't get the result at the end.

But after checking the next day he realises that the bloke in queation didn't investigate it at all. He sent the case back to the person who referred it initially because he couldn't see a guaranteed nil pay outcome at the end.

He gets feedback. It isn't taken well but nor does he walk out in a huff (he wouldn't, it is the best job he will ever have). And so the director, who is now under pressure because financial targets have to be hit, takes one on the chin. He throws cash at an external training course. Gives him an extra team member to help with the five million target. And technical guy is asked to help again.

To build his confidence, he gives a case to the guy struggling that is nailed on. Not only for an investigation but a rearly at the end. But he still doesn't investigate it. He can't make up his mind whether he should or not so asks the person who referred it on initially to do a load of investigation work on his behalf. And that takes six weeks. They fuck it up. And he blames them when he should have done it himself to start.

By now the director is taking a pasting but prepared for one last show of faith in his man (he picked him after all). He recruits another person to help with the savings that are missing. Sends him on another expensive course. Team manager guarantees it will all be different after that course.

But when he gets back to work nothing changes. The technical bloke does a quality check on his work  and finds he is still rejecting cases he should be managing. He still keeps getting others to do his work because he can't make up his mind on what to do with the case.

And so the director asks the technical guy whether more time will make a difference.....

And that is why we should sack the fucker.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4347 on: August 16, 2017, 08:30:16 PM »
My analogy is he's shitter than McLeish.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4348 on: August 16, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
Brendan Rodgers update:2-0 up against Astana so pretty much securing another champions league campaign for Celtic.

Don't think he'll be walking away from that for Burton on a Tuesday night somehow.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4349 on: August 16, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »
This isn't going to end well is it.

Bruce said: “The enormity of Aston Villa comes into play and unfortunately at the moment I am not getting the best out of them.

“Some of them have shied away from it and have found it difficult to get established and find the form which is the reason why we have brought them to Aston Villa.

“They have to grasp the nettle and go forward with it. They have to improve and I have help them improve.”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal