collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:05:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113233 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4320 on: August 16, 2017, 02:09:42 PM »
Neil Warnock speaking about Zahore who battered us and looks like a proper player "when I arrived he was wearing gloves on a hot day, I wouldn't want to play against him now. Now he would run through a brick wall for us" Says it all really. Much as I can't stand the prick Neil Warnock knows how to motivate a player.
P. S. I'm not saying I'd like Warnock at Villa!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:15:00 PM by The Edge »

Offline Merses Left Foot

« Reply #4321 on: August 16, 2017, 02:09:51 PM »
No manager in his right mind, currently employed, financially stable for life, working in the top two leagues of England will ever touch the job of AVFC manager. There, I said it, that's how hard this task is.

I was going to say that's how low we have fallen but I don't think that is the case.

I suspect you'll be proven wrong in the next fortnight, well as long as the Dr does the first part of the job!

So you're saying he will be replaced with someone currently employed in either the Prem or Champ?

I will take that bet with you sir.

Well I'd certainly like to think so with Dean Smith being my personal choice, it does depend on how they conduct the search of course, but my point is surely we could entice Smith and others here? Ps I'm not backtracking!

Smith would walk here if approached

There we go then I think we're all agreed  ;) but as said depends what the board have in mind.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #4322 on: August 16, 2017, 02:11:30 PM »
No manager in his right mind, currently employed, financially stable for life, working in the top two leagues of England will ever touch the job of AVFC manager. There, I said it, that's how hard this task is.

I was going to say that's how low we have fallen but I don't think that is the case.

I suspect you'll be proven wrong in the next fortnight, well as long as the Dr does the first part of the job!

So you're saying he will be replaced with someone currently employed in either the Prem or Champ?

I will take that bet with you sir.

Well I'd certainly like to think so with Dean Smith being my personal choice, it does depend on how they conduct the search of course, but my point is surely we could entice Smith and others here? Ps I'm not backtracking!

Smith would walk here if approached

There we go then I think we're all agreed  ;) but as said depends what the board have in mind.
A proper plan would be a start, but I wont hold my breath!

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4323 on: August 16, 2017, 02:19:52 PM »

You may have said it, but it's still bollocks.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4324 on: August 16, 2017, 02:23:02 PM »
Again, so you're saying our next manager WILL be taken from current employment from the top 2 English leagues??

If not you're bold highlighting and comment is actual bollocks.

Online Drummond

« Reply #4325 on: August 16, 2017, 02:29:29 PM »
Again, so you're saying our next manager WILL be taken from current employment from the top 2 English leagues??

No, I'm not saying it will. But then your point was that no right-minded manager would take the job. The fact that Wagner and Dyche were both willing to be interviewed last time out suggests that indeed there are managers who would be willing.
The time before that we interviewed others who were already in post.

So, rather than peddling half-baked opinions as facts and spouting stuff as if because you've said it we should all take heed, I'd suggest that you think about the bollocks you're spouting before you do Mr Nobs.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4326 on: August 16, 2017, 02:31:51 PM »

No, I'm not saying it will. But then your point was that no right-minded manager would take the job. The fact that Wagner and Dyche were both willing to be interviewed last time out suggests that indeed there are managers who would be willing.

So, rather than peddling half-baked opinions as facts and spouting stuff as if because you've said it we should all take heed, I'd suggest that you think about the bollocks you're spouting before you do Mr Nobs.

Please read carefully, it clearly states that one of the criteria is a currently employed manager.

It's not difficult.

Online Drummond

« Reply #4327 on: August 16, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »

Please read carefully, it clearly states that one of the criteria is a currently employed manager.

It's not difficult.

Good grief.

Look at your initial post that I quoted. It doesn't say anything other than anyone with your criteria, wouldn't come, I merely said they would. Not that they will, not that we'd even offer them the job, just that they would.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4328 on: August 16, 2017, 02:37:48 PM »

It's not difficult.

Good grief.

Look at your initial post that I quoted. It doesn't say anything other than anyone with your criteria, wouldn't come, I merely said they would. Not that they will, not that we'd even offer them the job, just that they would.

Quite. AV5Nob having a nightmare here, as usual.

I do wonder what it is that he contributes to the forum other than endless arguments and trolling.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4329 on: August 16, 2017, 02:37:56 PM »
Jesus wept.

I clearly stated that no manager, currently employed In the top two leagues would join us.

You said that's bollocks.

Now you're saying that's not the case?

Offline 260475

« Reply #4330 on: August 16, 2017, 02:38:33 PM »
Guys - as Alonso said to his crew over the radio, "You are not giving me any useful information"

Where is Holmesy Villa when you need him?

Carry on.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #4331 on: August 16, 2017, 02:39:40 PM »
Jesus wept.

I clearly stated that no manager, currently employed In the top two leagues would join us.

We were in talks with two managers in employment in the top two divisions last year. Both seemed keen, rendering your argument that "no manager employed in the top two leagues would join us" to be a load of nonsense. Even more so when you hage stated a personal preference for Dean Smith.

We may or may not approach one or more this year.

Now go and have a lie down before you hurt yourself.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:41:36 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4332 on: August 16, 2017, 02:41:15 PM »
You're brilliant you are.

How did those talks go for us?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #4333 on: August 16, 2017, 02:42:16 PM »
We couldn't come to agreement over terms. This doesn't prove that neither manager was interested. As they quite clearly were.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4334 on: August 16, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »
Jesus wept.

errrr  no he really isnt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal