collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113559 times)

Offline AV5nobs

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4305 on: August 16, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »
I thought we'd get a response.

The home form is actually pretty good. 14 wins out of 20 odd, with only 3 defeats. I think we will do Norwich fairly comfortably in the end, but the acid test comes at Bristol.

We're 5 points behind target already, so even if we beat Norwich, we absolutely must beat Bristol as anything else leaves us on 4 or 5 points and we're 10% into the season.

We had better beat Bristol, they are starting to piss me off. Only two defeats in their past ten games, both against Small Heath.

c***s.

This.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4306 on: August 16, 2017, 01:34:28 PM »
That is cuntish behaviour, agreed.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4307 on: August 16, 2017, 01:36:22 PM »
We have plenty of tools...#

Somebody said earlier we don't have the players. What garbage. Man for man we are better than Reading, the difference was they had a game plan, a method and executed it [without looking anything special] and we fumbled and bumbled until we pressed in the last 5 minutes.

At the weekend Bruce was going on about it being "a typical Neil Warnock team/performance" then before Reading it was how their philosophy is different and that under Stam they're a passing team.  Can Bruce not see that he doesn't have a philosophy or style, and by all available evidence, he just makes everything up as he goes along, from his transfer policy to his tactics.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4308 on: August 16, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »
No manager in his right mind, currently employed, financially stable for life, working in the top two leagues of England will ever touch the job of AVFC manager. There, I said it, that's how hard this task is.

I was going to say that's how low we have fallen but I don't think that is the case.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4309 on: August 16, 2017, 01:53:47 PM »
Apologies if this has already been linked. In case it hasn't: http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2017/why-villa-and-bruce-are-a-mismatch/

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4310 on: August 16, 2017, 01:56:25 PM »
Cheaper to replace the manager than the midfield is the driver of that article.

Offline Merses Left Foot

« Reply #4311 on: August 16, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »
No manager in his right mind, currently employed, financially stable for life, working in the top two leagues of England will ever touch the job of AVFC manager. There, I said it, that's how hard this task is.

I was going to say that's how low we have fallen but I don't think that is the case.

I suspect you'll be proven wrong in the next fortnight, well as long as the Dr does the first part of the job!

Offline Allan C

« Reply #4312 on: August 16, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »
For me it makes no difference if he wins the next 3 games back to back. He has had 'good' runs with us before and failed to build on it, to convince anyone including the players that the wins are based on any kind of plan, or even to win while looking competent.

I realise it's a theoretical problem now, but for the first time I'd want him gone even if it meant staying down playing decent football with a plan rather than going up as a bunch of bleeding-eye non football merchants. I want us to stop being such a hateable team.
Exactly this. We may well win the next three but the trend is backwards. the longer he stays the longer it will take to recover from him
hold on,we were talking about the next three games after the Cardiff debacle.
We have now played (and lost) one of those.

I hope its not a 'rolling' 3 game situation we are now talking about.

Well, 3 games wasn't the main point, and even if it was we're both saying he should leave if he wins them.
Exactly. I think we should have sacked him when we were safe last season so a new man could get a good look at what we had and then get straight into it during Pre-season. Once again we've dragged it out

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4313 on: August 16, 2017, 01:58:04 PM »
Yep, and it's true.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4314 on: August 16, 2017, 01:59:28 PM »

I suspect you'll be proven wrong in the next fortnight, well as long as the Dr does the first part of the job!

So you're saying he will be replaced with someone currently employed in either the Prem or Champ?

I will take that bet with you sir.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #4315 on: August 16, 2017, 02:05:03 PM »
We have plenty of tools...#

Somebody said earlier we don't have the players. What garbage. Man for man we are better than Reading, the difference was they had a game plan, a method and executed it [without looking anything special] and we fumbled and bumbled until we pressed in the last 5 minutes.

At the weekend Bruce was going on about it being "a typical Neil Warnock team/performance" then before Reading it was how their philosophy is different and that under Stam they're a passing team.  Can Bruce not see that he doesn't have a philosophy or style, and by all available evidence, he just makes everything up as he goes along, from his transfer policy to his tactics.

He'll make another 4 changes on Saturday. Gabby (for Hogan, obvs), Angie (probably for Hourihane), Hutton back (for de Laet) and maybe Adomah (for Thor). Admittedly one is enforced, but it just seems he's flipflopping every match and doesn't have a clue on his strongest side.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4316 on: August 16, 2017, 02:05:14 PM »
A mate of mine knows one of the fitness coaches at the Villa. He says Bruce is hardly involved at BMH with regards team prep and it's mostly Calderwood and Clemence.
Really think we would be more suited to having a head coach more than an old school manager type.
Someone who kicks every ball with them and spends more time getting his methods across.

It would be like working all week with couple of senior managers giving you instructions, you know they are not the Director so don't overly bother with them, then all of a sudden your at a work event at the weekend and you have the director watching every move trying to dictate how to 'work' when's he's not been there with you throughout the week

Offline Merses Left Foot

« Reply #4317 on: August 16, 2017, 02:06:04 PM »

So you're saying he will be replaced with someone currently employed in either the Prem or Champ?

Well I'd certainly like to think so with Dean Smith being my personal choice, it does depend on how they conduct the search of course, but my point is surely we could entice Smith and others here? Ps I'm not backtracking!

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4318 on: August 16, 2017, 02:07:27 PM »
Smith is my choice too, and he's the only one I could see being tempted because of his Villa links, that said he be fucking loopy.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4319 on: August 16, 2017, 02:07:56 PM »

Well I'd certainly like to think so with Dean Smith being my personal choice, it does depend on how they conduct the search of course, but my point is surely we could entice Smith and others here? Ps I'm not backtracking!

Smith would walk here if approached

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal