collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113568 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4290 on: August 16, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
Talk shite currently discussing our sad state.

At least our great fans are getting plaudits.

Big Eck now giving his ten cents.

Big Eck is a twat.... TalkPrat

'Big Eck' is perfectly qualified to talk about Steve Bruce. They both got Small Heath relegated and it looks like they will both be remembered for nearly getting Villa relegated too.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #4291 on: August 16, 2017, 12:29:18 PM »
As soon as the bloke in charge panics then it's time to let go

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #4292 on: August 16, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »
The fact it has not yet happened is pretty worrying. I think Norwich will turn us over Saturday (there is nothing, literally nothing to suggest the players, coaches, and management will find the answer), and 1 point from 12 will make any idea of promotion very distant   

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #4293 on: August 16, 2017, 01:07:16 PM »
For me it makes no difference if he wins the next 3 games back to back. He has had 'good' runs with us before and failed to build on it, to convince anyone including the players that the wins are based on any kind of plan, or even to win while looking competent.

I realise it's a theoretical problem now, but for the first time I'd want him gone even if it meant staying down playing decent football with a plan rather than going up as a bunch of bleeding-eye non football merchants. I want us to stop being such a hateable team.
Exactly this. We may well win the next three but the trend is backwards. the longer he stays the longer it will take to recover from him
hold on,we were talking about the next three games after the Cardiff debacle.
We have now played (and lost) one of those.

I hope its not a 'rolling' 3 game situation we are now talking about.

Well, 3 games wasn't the main point, and even if it was we're both saying he should leave if he wins them.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4294 on: August 16, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »
What really don't no understand is that even a dinosaur like Bruce surely doesn't pre match or during instruct anyone to launch 40 balls to small strikers yet they still do?

Either he does or there's simply no other game plan or players good enough to, Bruce is to blame either way.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4295 on: August 16, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
I think we will beat Norwich. That's not the issue though, having decent home form is fine, but it cannot mask the diabolical away form which unfortunately shows no signs of getting better.

It is how absolutely awful we look too. Huddersfield away was possibly the last away game where we lost and looked unlucky.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4296 on: August 16, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »
I agree Ads, we  have a reputation amongst home teams and fans worse of all that Villa don't come to grounds and get at us, or have the tools to do so or mentality, lose to these lot at home and you will be a laughing stock.

*We have tools playing for us just not effective in the conventional manner.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #4297 on: August 16, 2017, 01:17:54 PM »
I think we will beat Norwich. That's not the issue though, having decent home form is fine, but it cannot mask the diabolical away form which unfortunately shows no signs of getting better.

It is how absolutely awful we look too. Huddersfield away was possibly the last away game where we lost and looked unlucky.

Norwich are just as desperate for a result.. doubt we'll have the urgency to push them aside and grab 3 points. Bruce doesn't seem to be the great motivator I thought he was. Just a cheerleader that babbles on like a drunken fool.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #4298 on: August 16, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »
For me it makes no difference if he wins the next 3 games back to back. He has had 'good' runs with us before and failed to build on it, to convince anyone including the players that the wins are based on any kind of plan, or even to win while looking competent.

I realise it's a theoretical problem now, but for the first time I'd want him gone even if it meant staying down playing decent football with a plan rather than going up as a bunch of bleeding-eye non football merchants. I want us to stop being such a hateable team.

I agree and although this sounds unforgivable as a Villa fan, I don't want us to win the next 3 games.

I say this because if we do, it will be more through luck than through good management.
I want Bruce out as soon as possible, If it means loosing 3 games for that to happen so be it.

The only reason I resigned myself to his appointment was due to the fact that I thought despite the football being terrible, we would be tough to beat and we would be winning by the tinniest of margins.
Bruce is saying we need a striker, It doesn't matter if we had Kane, lukaku and lacazette without the hint of playing any resemblance of basic football none of those players would be able to perform anywhere close to their normal ability.

My only worry is that we appoint a similar manager IE Moyes. We need to be forward thinking in our next appointment and unfortunately we missed the boat last time by not signing Chris Hughton.

Offline Ads

« Reply #4299 on: August 16, 2017, 01:19:18 PM »
We have plenty of tools...#

Somebody said earlier we don't have the players. What garbage. Man for man we are better than Reading, the difference was they had a game plan, a method and executed it [without looking anything special] and we fumbled and bumbled until we pressed in the last 5 minutes.

Online KRS

« Reply #4300 on: August 16, 2017, 01:22:13 PM »
I think we will beat Norwich.
You said that about Reading too ;)

Offline Ads

« Reply #4301 on: August 16, 2017, 01:26:12 PM »
I thought we'd get a response.

The home form is actually pretty good. 14 wins out of 20 odd, with only 3 defeats. I think we will do Norwich fairly comfortably in the end, but the acid test comes at Bristol.

We're 5 points behind target already, so even if we beat Norwich, we absolutely must beat Bristol as anything else leaves us on 4 or 5 points and we're 10% into the season.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #4302 on: August 16, 2017, 01:26:50 PM »
As difficult as it is we have to try and remain upbeat, confidence is so important, look at the teams who have won 3 on the trot, Cardiff and Ipswich best examples.

Hopefully  Hourihane will get a boost from his goal, Norwich is huge for everyone involved in the club and I'm sorry I don't subscribe to a win will only cover up the cracks of our remit this season.

Our agenda remains the same and I firmly believe a win Saturday could change a lot especially with an international break, and I was at Cardiff so I've seen how bad it's been early doors.

Offline puppyfeat

« Reply #4303 on: August 16, 2017, 01:29:23 PM »
I thought Bruce's game was up back in Feb, although it was clear he wouldn't be fired then - but I thought he should have gone at the end of last season and the start of this one has only confirmed that. This may have been the sort of club he's always wanted to manage, but the size of the job and the pressure are clearly too big for him. Considering he has a lot of experience and success managing in this division - which is what got him the job - times have clearly moved on and he either can't do what he did previously to achieve success or it just doesn't work any more. If we lose to Norwich at the weekend I can't see how he can carry on - and a draw won't be good enough either.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4304 on: August 16, 2017, 01:31:29 PM »
I thought we'd get a response.

The home form is actually pretty good. 14 wins out of 20 odd, with only 3 defeats. I think we will do Norwich fairly comfortably in the end, but the acid test comes at Bristol.

We're 5 points behind target already, so even if we beat Norwich, we absolutely must beat Bristol as anything else leaves us on 4 or 5 points and we're 10% into the season.

We had better beat Bristol, they are starting to piss me off. Only two defeats in their past ten games, both against Small Heath.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal