collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113151 times)

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4215 on: August 16, 2017, 07:42:14 AM »
I honestly felt it was the right appointment, a safe bet if you like. I can't believe how little impact he's had given the time and money he's spent.

If a supposed promotion expert cant turn this around i'm buggered if I know who to turn to next.  Everyone's a gamble from now on.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #4216 on: August 16, 2017, 07:47:33 AM »
Whilst I agree with that and want him out too, two out of the top 3 clubs who have had a 100% start to the season are managed by people older than Steve Bruce.

If he is allowed the lifeline of a win against Norwich to save his job, our season is over after four games.  He will hang around and stink the place out for another eight months.  He is a football dinosaur and should never have got the job in the first place.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #4217 on: August 16, 2017, 07:48:15 AM »
Not one for changing the manager un-necessarily but for me Bruce deserved to have the pre season but we needed to start well. I thought we would be naking that assessment in September/October and not after 10 days but the reality is whilst you can always make a case for more time i see nothing in his behaviours to suggest he is capable of turning this around and thats after assembling some of the best players in the division in our squad. 

There is no set pattern of play of our and no reaction to counter the more considered approach of other coaches even the likes of Neil Warnock.  Who do we appoint instead - i really dont know but i am sure Steve Bruce will not turn this round.  I do believe that in the main the players arw good enough to get us up this season bur they need to be shown that this club is serious and will get rid of anybody who isnt effectively working towards that goal.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #4218 on: August 16, 2017, 07:56:32 AM »
I am still for giving Bruce the season. Change has become as much the enemy of success as anything in recent years.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #4219 on: August 16, 2017, 08:03:10 AM »
You must like Championship football Gary because thats what keeping him willl bring

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #4220 on: August 16, 2017, 08:05:00 AM »
You must like Championship football Gary because thats what keeping him willl bring

If we are lucky

Offline KRS

« Reply #4221 on: August 16, 2017, 08:07:31 AM »
I am still for giving Bruce the season. Change has become as much the enemy of success as anything in recent years.
She's a witch...burn her!

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #4222 on: August 16, 2017, 08:08:18 AM »
Just about sums up my thoughts BV.

I probably would give him til the end of October to see if he can turn it around, but I'd fully understand if he was booted at any time between now and then.

It is difficult to know how to play this one.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4223 on: August 16, 2017, 08:16:23 AM »
Just about sums up my thoughts BV.

I probably would give him til the end of October to see if he can turn it around, but I'd fully understand if he was booted at any time between now and then.

It is difficult to know how to play this one.

it really isn't so difficult

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4224 on: August 16, 2017, 08:19:52 AM »

But there's nothing wrong with change if the current situation is not working. Which, it clearly isn't.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4225 on: August 16, 2017, 08:21:41 AM »
It really is very simple.  Get somebody to manage the club who is not Steve Bruce.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4226 on: August 16, 2017, 08:27:01 AM »
It really is very simple.  Get somebody to manage the club who is not Steve Bruce, Remi Garde, Tim Sherwood, Paul Lambert, Alex McLiesh, Gerrard Houllier, the next man on the magic roundabout

The solution is obvious.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #4227 on: August 16, 2017, 08:35:59 AM »
How much time do people want to give him.  He had two thirds of last season, preseason and two transfer windows.

We have made no progress in that time and I would say we have gone backwards with the players we have now compared to when he took over.  His recruitment policy has been an absolute shambles.

To be successful is completely different to just surviving or bobbing along,  To be successful you need a balanced team.  A balance of defence & attack, balance of right & left and balance of experience & youth.  We have none of that.  Somebody else mentioned it but two rightbacks on the bench, why?

We have good players but they must be allowed to play good football to show that they are good players at this level.  Get in a manager (and his own coaches) that builds teams to play good football, emphasises on skills and understands the modern game.  If we do that, the results will follow.  Whether that is enough for going up this season, I don't know but it will certainly give us the right platform for going forward.

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #4228 on: August 16, 2017, 08:37:50 AM »
if we leave tatahead in to long its another season over

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4229 on: August 16, 2017, 08:38:33 AM »
It really is very simple.  Get somebody to manage the club who is not Steve Bruce.
It really is very simple.  Get somebody to manage the club who is not Steve Bruce, Remi Garde, Tim Sherwood, Paul Lambert, Alex McLiesh, Gerrard Houllier, the next man on the magic roundabout

The solution is obvious.

Why didn't we think of that before?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal