collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Gareth
[Today at 08:33:33 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113792 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4200 on: August 16, 2017, 02:30:24 AM »

I wonder where we'd be if Lerner and Fox had just given Garde a free hand and a bit of money in that January window and he'd stayed on - we'd have still got relegated but i'm pretty sure we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

Anyone still think we boxed clever there, withholding money and preparing for life in the Championship? 

We were mostly awful by then, but not a whole pile worse than Sunderland squad-wise going into the start of the January transfer window. And they managed to stay up. A centre half worthy of the title (loan or permanent) and a better CF option than Gestede, and we might just have gained enough momentum to at least be competitive for the second half of the campaign.

Instead, we issued a ginormous white flag for the world to see. Pissing off the manager at the time and any half decent player we had into the process. But it's OK, the Championship is a piss poor league and we'll stroll it.

Sitting on our hands back then could see us out of the topflight for at least a decade.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #4201 on: August 16, 2017, 02:33:19 AM »
"It was disappointing tonight because I didn't think we deserved to lose".

Sky, Talksport, Birmingham Mail, fans on phone ins...all say we were absolutely dreadful and Bruce saw it as he we didn't deserve to lose.

You do the maths.

FTFY.
You do the sum.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #4202 on: August 16, 2017, 02:46:30 AM »
Second-bottom of the Championship, one point ahead of Burton (who have 0 points). For the love of McGrath, somebody pull the trigger.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #4203 on: August 16, 2017, 03:37:16 AM »
Keep him. He has proven pedigree and we all need to take a deep breathe and give him time. Get behind the lads.

Breathe - pronounced breethe - as in "Bruce is so bad I can't breathe."

Breath - pronounced breth - as in "Bruce is so bad I want to take my final breath".

Sorry, it's an error I see all the time and it gets right on my wick.

Expecting anything approaching literacy from the scobies/knackers/bluenoses proves beyond doubt tat you have Great Expectations, Mr. Bathhouse.

Possibly, but it does no harm to try and educate the poor bastards. They've lived through some joyless times.

It's such a giveaway though, anything to do the literacy or numeracy uncovers them.  It's bit like that scene in The Great Escape when Gordon Jackson answers back in English as he gets on the bus.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #4204 on: August 16, 2017, 03:57:04 AM »
He's now getting worse in his comments  playing the 'expectations have been raised card' coz we signed John Terry ! It's tragic !

Also saying players injured judge when they are back .

He did the same when at Sunderland and claiming it's his Geordie roots and expectations were reasons for failure .
I can see next on  Bruce list wil be using -  it's because I was manager of Birmingham !

He's already claiming injuries are costing us . Football today has passed him by and his ways are not needed they are outdated now even for championship !

I wish some one advise Dr Tony that a football manager needs a modern approach to things Bruce isn't able to relate to players apart from the old school ones like Whelan agbonlahor and Hutton

Calderwood and Clemence got alot to answer for aswell . Clearly need some fresh thinking as this stability is going stale.

Oh my days ! Think it's unbelievable what we all seeing.
And now the interviews are just nonsense.

Lose next match and think he won't make September let alone October .

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #4205 on: August 16, 2017, 04:05:26 AM »
I said after the Cardiff debacle that he needed to win 2 from the next 3 or he'll be gone. 

Saturday is an absolute must, must win for him.  I think he knows it too.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #4206 on: August 16, 2017, 05:56:59 AM »
I don't think I have seen a poll on a manager so overwhelmingly in favour of getting rid. Surely Tony will see that and realise he has lost the fans and must go.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4207 on: August 16, 2017, 06:57:57 AM »
If he is allowed the lifeline of a win against Norwich to save his job, our season is over after four games.  He will hang around and stink the place out for another eight months.  He is a football dinosaur and should never have got the job in the first place.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4208 on: August 16, 2017, 07:21:48 AM »
I'll imagine things may well be assessed post Bristol. One thing is for sure the manner of the displays will see us pick up virtually nothing away from home this season. It's hard to fathom that changing much.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #4209 on: August 16, 2017, 07:23:14 AM »
Brian  - that is my worry, he stays and we scramble a 1-0 win against Norwich and he will be safe for another week, and the pressure on him goes away, when you lose the support of the fans that travel to the away games, I think that he must realise his time is up.

He may plead for more time but there again doesn't every manager who is on the brink of losing his job?

He has been in charge since last October and the football during that time has not got any better. He has had his chance but it is time for a change

Bruce maybe a really good guy (so am I) but it does not mean that I could manage Aston Villa - he was the wrong choice from day 1 for me, lets hope that the next Manager can turn our club around.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4210 on: August 16, 2017, 07:25:33 AM »
We're in must win territory already.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #4211 on: August 16, 2017, 07:33:51 AM »
We're in must win territory already.
Spot on. I've no doubt our squad is good enough to make the playoffs with the right manager. We really don't want to be playing catch-up after more that 3-4 games. We're already 8 points behind.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #4212 on: August 16, 2017, 07:34:08 AM »
He says that we're missing our two best players, and he's probably right. But its a sad indictment that these are two players he didn't sign. The squad is worse than the one he took over.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #4213 on: August 16, 2017, 07:34:15 AM »
We have a litany of failed tactics and poor signings, we’ve tried young and hungry players, young and hungry manager, tried and tests players, tried and tested manager, long ball tactics, long ball players and all end up the same way.

When we got in Bruce I remember the comments on here about this being the most important managerial appointment in a generation and yet here we are once more looking for the trigger to be pulled. Do I think he’s good enough, hell no, do I have confidence that anyone will improve us right now, I don’t think so. It’s as if this club needs a reset button

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4214 on: August 16, 2017, 07:36:41 AM »
He says that we're missing our two best players, and he's probably right. But its a sad indictment that these are two players he didn't sign. The squad is worse than the one he took over.
He really has become a hopeless tosser.
He appears to have contracted Lambertbullshititus.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal