collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113515 times)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4170 on: August 15, 2017, 11:03:47 PM »
Just for back to the hotel post game, just seen his post match comments........
Even more furious now. Tide has fully turned, Bruce OUT hopefully by tomorrow am.
How he can even suggest we did ok in that game is my breaking point.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4171 on: August 15, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »
Already Wolves are 8 points ahead of us.

Beat Hull tonight when we couldn't and also beaten Boro and Derby so three decent scalps already this season. Really shows up SB when you think they were even worse than us for large parts of last season.

It's alright saying there's 40 odd games left but last season the likes of Newcastle and Huddersfield were about 15 points ahead of us at the start of October and it was simply too much for us to claw back.

We have little time to waste. I'd sack SB simply because I have no confidence in him to actually win an away game at a top half team while he remains so we won't be in the promotion shake up for that simple reason.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4172 on: August 15, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »
I just can't see any arguments for keeping him, whether you take his tenure as a whole, or last season and this season individually.

Quality of football - mostly awful, and no improvement
Ability to get the best out of the players he's bought - not there
Overall quality of players he's bought -mediocre to poor
Ability to change a game for the better - none
Settled style of play or footballing philosophy - again, none

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #4173 on: August 15, 2017, 11:23:02 PM »
The result and performance was bad enough but his post match comments are the icing on the cake , in what fucking world where we unlucky we were utter shit.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #4174 on: August 15, 2017, 11:24:30 PM »
The players he has purchased have been piss poor. Not sure in 35 years of watching Aston Villa have I seen a player quite as bad as Bjarnason, and I've seen some real shite

Offline Risso

« Reply #4175 on: August 15, 2017, 11:28:36 PM »
The players he has purchased have been piss poor. Not sure in 35 years of watching Aston Villa have I seen a player quite as bad as Bjarnason, and I've seen some real shite

Totally agree, he's staggeringly bad.  To coin a phrase, I reckon there's a half decent welder in there.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #4176 on: August 15, 2017, 11:33:29 PM »
He absolutely has to go tomorrow, there is not a single point to keeping him now. We all know that its not going to work out and he will be gone at some point so we need to get him out the door and the knew manager in asap otherwise we risk writing a fucking 2nd season off.

Offline Risso

« Reply #4177 on: August 15, 2017, 11:34:21 PM »
Have we ever had such a one-sided poll regarding a manager?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4178 on: August 15, 2017, 11:38:17 PM »
Please tweet Dr X. It needs to happen.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #4179 on: August 15, 2017, 11:39:57 PM »
Have we ever had such a one-sided poll regarding a manager?

Probably not. I think Villa fans have a far sharper eye now for when things are not going to work out. We have seen it all before and not keen to prolong the drawn out death rattle of the latest managerial failure.

Offline Iamkmkm

« Reply #4180 on: August 16, 2017, 12:00:44 AM »
He got to go, he is not up for this job!

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4181 on: August 16, 2017, 12:05:15 AM »
The thing is, what was he hired for? Was he hired for putting the club through some hard learning curves that'll pay off in the long term? No. He was a gun for hire meant to fire us uglily but effectively into the Premier League. It is for Dr Xia as to whether or not he still thinks that's possible with this particular gun. I might well be wrong, but I do know where I stand.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #4182 on: August 16, 2017, 12:07:54 AM »
The thing is, what was he hired for? Was he hired for putting the club through some hard learning curves that'll pay off in the long term? No. He was a gun for hire meant to fire us uglily but effectively into the Premier League. It is for Dr Xia as to whether or not he still thinks that's possible with this particular gun. I might well be wrong, but I do know where I stand.

Spot on. Its not like he is building us for a long term project. Ingraining the club with a new exciting way of playing. The Villa "way". He was a short term bet based on his previous experience.

The bet hasn't worked out. We can afford it. So take the loss and make a new bet.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #4183 on: August 16, 2017, 12:13:37 AM »
He's asked to be given until the end of the window.

I dread to think of what other transfers he's planning. We are the slowest and poorest Villa side on the ball I've ever witnessed.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4184 on: August 16, 2017, 12:18:31 AM »
Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce urged the club's fans to stick by the team after they lost 2-1 at Reading and vowed he would be a success if given enough time.

The defeat extended Villa's winless Sky Bet Championship run to three matches at the start of the season.

Jeered throughout by sections of their 4,000 travelling fans, Villa offered little in a poor first-half showing and found themselves 2-0 down when a defence containing former England captain John Terry conceded twice early in the second period.

Midfielder Glenn Whelan was credited with an own goal after unluckily deflecting in a Adrian Popa's cross in the 49th minute. Modou Barrow tapped in his first goal for Reading six minutes later.

Conor Hourihane gave Villa hope, when volleying home in the 87th minute, but Reading held on comfortably.

"I'm the manager of Aston Villa and I expect the fans to boo," Bruce said. "The results aren't what they expect and I can understand their frustration. They've paid their hard-earned money to come and see the team perform and win.

"My message to them is: I've been here many, many times and been successful at every Championship club I've been to. I've been able to get them promoted and, given time, I'll do it again.

"Now, whether I'm given that time, that's not for me to answer. But I sincerely hope so. It's a big job and I'm still in the middle of rebuilding it.

"I've got to get results, we're in a results business, I understand that. I'm under no illusions that we'll get them. But we need them quicker than we're getting them at the moment.

"It was disappointing tonight because I didn't think we deserved to lose. I was pleased with our response (to going behind), we could have gone under, but we still could have got something from the game."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal