collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2115152 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #4005 on: August 14, 2017, 08:34:41 PM »

Offline cheltenhamlion

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4007 on: August 14, 2017, 08:40:58 PM »
Chimps?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4008 on: August 14, 2017, 08:42:22 PM »
I'd assume he meant Villa, as V is next to C.

It's easily done. I think Bono is a vunt. See?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4009 on: August 14, 2017, 08:45:49 PM »
I'd assume he meant Villa, as V is next to C.

It's easily done. I think Bono is a vunt. See?
What's Bono ever done to you?

Offline ronshirt

« Reply #4010 on: August 14, 2017, 08:54:47 PM »
Bruce, presumably having been told that come what may promotion is essential, has bought a set of jobbing footballers to add to all the jobbing footballers we already have. It's more Dad's Army than Dirty Dozen though.

Offline cdward

« Reply #4011 on: August 14, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »
Has anybody mentioned the conspiracy theory that Bruce is a secret agent.
He is working for Small Heath to run us into the ground financially, and to reduce our fan base sufficiently, that Small Heath Alliance will rise up and take their rightful place as the biggest and best in Birmingham.

I may be wrong, but otherwise i can't work out why we are still this shit.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4012 on: August 14, 2017, 08:59:35 PM »
good post Chelts

wholeheartedly agree with your views,
but you used the word Gamble a couple of times yet when we appointed Bruce people were saying that's exactly what he wasn't
he was the man to guarantee promotion, not pretty but effective football a no brainer decision if we wanted to secure going up quick he was the best man,maybe even the only man to make it happen

I believe all appointments are gambles we never know how they will turn out
but we do know the style of football they play and what sort of game plan they have in general week after week, unfortunately we got the Bruce style without the results so far anyway

I said before I think Wyness is such an old school dinosaur that the only 3 names on his short list would be Alardyce, Moyes, Warnock the man will have no imagination and little idea,

his 3 team scenario is probably the most rediculous things I've ever heard from a chairman and was probably just buying himself time and laying excuses for the next disaster
with Wyness we could could end up being in the same shit different season, I have little to no confidence in him at all

the only hope I've got is I honestly think Bruce was Wyness call even Xia remarked when he first met him that he was better than expected or words to that effect which suggested to me at least that he wasn't Dr T's first choice
so I'm not sure he will give his opinion the same importance next time and with a bit of luck get rid of the pair of them, that would be a proper Brucy bonus

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4013 on: August 14, 2017, 09:09:08 PM »
I said before I think Wyness is such an old school dinosaur that the only 3 names on his short list would be Alardyce, Moyes, Warnock the man will have no imagination and little idea,

Oh he has a wild imagination. As I mentioned yesterday, how can you go for Wagner and end up with Bruce. Exactly the same shit of Lerner chasing Martinez and ending up with McLeish.

Little idea? You may have a point.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #4014 on: August 14, 2017, 09:19:51 PM »
Spot on, Stu.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #4015 on: August 14, 2017, 09:23:53 PM »
Round of applause for cheltenhamlion.

Nailed it.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #4016 on: August 14, 2017, 09:36:10 PM »
Look at some of the players Bruce bought in, they were regarded as the best in this division yet now struggle to get a game. It all comes down to lack of a game plan and players being used in positions they can't handle.
Bruce needs to go quickly, when he bought Gabby back he lost me and that just sums Bruce up, living in the past and not up to it.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #4017 on: August 14, 2017, 10:41:57 PM »
Look at some of the players Bruce bought in, they were regarded as the best in this division yet now struggle to get a game. It all comes down to lack of a game plan and players being used in positions they can't handle.
Bruce needs to go quickly, when he bought Gabby back he lost me and that just sums Bruce up, living in the past and not up to it.

Totally agree and with what Cheltenhamlion said above.

From the day we were relegated, I thought we should have cleared out the rubbish and started a complete rebuild from the bottom with good coaching so as to bring this club into the modern world.  We needed a progressive tactician and I thought Xia had the balls and willing to spend money to clear out the likes of GA and MR.  I was willing to give RDM a chance as I thought he might possibly be half way towards what I thought best.  It didn't work out but RDM had a very difficult job to turn the ship around after relegation.

I did not like the Bruce appointment as I did not see his previous success as being that guarantee of promotion.  I have always thought that Bruce lacked 'bottle' at the end of the day.  With other clubs, his interviews after losing always sounded as though he felt sorry for himself and was after sympathy.  I do believe he came in with a set agenda to get rid of Ayew, McCormack and Amavi and to rehabilitate Gabby so that he would be his success story.  I still think there was a bad reaction to this from other players in the squad who had gone through the relegation without any help from the club captain.  No doubt some posters will come back and ask me to prove the above.  I can't as it is just my own gut feeling.  I do not think Bruce understands what makes the players tick and that each player may be different.  I do not think he is strong enough to control strong characters.

I would rather go now for a manager that could bring in modern methods of coaching and tactical awareness that will start with a small core of the experienced players we have and bring more of the young players in.  I would rather use the rest of this season to bed things in and go for promotion next season with a team that would stand half a chance in the PL than fail again with a 'sticking plaster' attempt this season.  I think we have to be looking in the foreign market for a manager that has played/coached/managed in an environment with strong emphasis on technical skills and tactical awareness.  I do not think there are managers in the British game with the right attributes that we could attract here.  The reason I mentioned youth above is that I think they will react better to a new style.  I did not agree with buying Terry because of the financial costs but he could just be the player in the core of experience that would buy into it.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #4018 on: August 14, 2017, 10:43:27 PM »
Bruce, presumably having been told that come what may promotion is essential, has bought a set of jobbing footballers to add to all the jobbing footballers we already have. It's more Dad's Army than Dirty Dozen though.
I wanna be Kojak.   

Offline KRS

« Reply #4019 on: August 14, 2017, 11:01:01 PM »
I would rather use the rest of this season to bed things in and go for promotion next season with a team that would stand half a chance in the PL than fail again with a 'sticking plaster' attempt this season.
I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl said that last season. We're only 2 games in and we, as a club, simply cannot afford to write this season off already regardless of who the manager is, who we have in the squad and what football philosophy we follow. If you thinks it's bad now, then we will be in a whole new world of shit financially next season if we fail to get promoted this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal