collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113812 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3960 on: August 14, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »
It's not just that the start to the season's been poor, it's the way it's been poor. The point of saying 'give him a few games' is to see what he's managed to make of the pre-season and the opportunity to plan, to instill tactics, to get the players fitness up - but there's no plan, there are no tactics, and the players look like I do when I go for my first jog in six months. It's shit in all the ways it's not meant to be.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #3961 on: August 14, 2017, 11:27:57 AM »
Oh we are back to counting the gap between us and promotion again.

It's a fun game though, slightly less demoralizing than the counting the gap between us and 4th from bottom we played the year before. Now that was a gap!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3962 on: August 14, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »
There isn't really a gap is there or cause to panic. On;y Wolves have had a good start and that is all it is, a start.

How then would you describe the starts made by Forest, Ipswich and Cardiff?

Inconsequential to where Fulham, Wolves, Wednesday, Boro and hopefully ourselves will be come May.

Offline shaunreynolds

« Reply #3963 on: August 14, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »
I just cant believe how we are all feeling after just 2 league games. I had so much hope as I'm sure we all did in the lead up to the season opener, but after we scored against ULL we reverted back to type. Sit back and try and hold on. We've learnt nothing and haven't changed our style at all. we are an easy team to play against cause there's no plan B so teams know what they are up against. I still say lets see what the next 3 games brings us in terms of results, if there's not at least a 6 point return ten he has to go.
Keep the faith
UTC

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #3964 on: August 14, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »
We have 6 league games in September, all winnable. That could be the month that really kick starts our promotion push or, like last season, could be the month our season pretty much ends.

We need a new boss in charge for these games. Bruce needs binning by  the first international break (early September) at the latest.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3965 on: August 14, 2017, 12:10:12 PM »
We have 6 league games in September, all winnable. That could be the month that really kick starts our promotion push or, like last season, could be the month our season pretty much ends.

We need a new boss in charge for these games. Bruce needs binning by  the first international break (early September) at the latest.

And what if he wins all six?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3966 on: August 14, 2017, 12:17:35 PM »
i don't think its the losing to Cardiff that's got the moderates saying enough is enough its the way we lost
the way we got battered and humiliated by a Warnock side where everyone new what was coming
 and after the team rebuild, pre season work etc

sometimes you can lose and still take positives, you can still see improvements and believe things are going in the right direction,
Cardiff was none of these things and i think people can see it including Bruce himself

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #3967 on: August 14, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »

Who?

I said I think Bruce should be gone before September.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3968 on: August 14, 2017, 12:25:08 PM »
I am convinced that we are seriously considering his position. Surely we would have had a comment from Xai or Wyness by now pleading for patience?
Hopefully they are sounding out who they want as 1st choice so that the new manager can be announced almost simultaneously with Bruce's departure.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3969 on: August 14, 2017, 12:26:27 PM »

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3970 on: August 14, 2017, 12:34:13 PM »
I think his post match comments that are the most damning. To be fair to him, there isn't much he could have said to make things seem better, but from what I've seen he's said:

We are going to look at playing a different formation
We're "not ready" to play two up front (I'm sure he's previously been quoted as saying two up front is the only way out of this league)
He's been here "the best part of six months"
The away form is his responsibility and he doesn't know what to do about it
It's the worst defeat he's ever suffered at this level

Apologies if I've twisted or misread any of these, but that strikes me a man who has lost the plot, is out of his depth and has no plan as to how to change things. It's truly unforgivable that he has reached this point after two matches, following two transfer windows where he's been backed.

The question isn't really "is two matches too early to consider sacking him?" It's "How has his entire plan come unraveled after two matches?!"

We need six points from the next two matches. Unfortunately I think we'll be looking for a new manager on Wednesday morning.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3971 on: August 14, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »
I just cant believe how we are all feeling after just 2 league games. I had so much hope as I'm sure we all did in the lead up to the season opener, but after we scored against ULL we reverted back to type. Sit back and try and hold on. We've learnt nothing and haven't changed our style at all. we are an easy team to play against cause there's no plan B so teams know what they are up against. I still say lets see what the next 3 games brings us in terms of results, if there's not at least a 6 point return ten he has to go.
Keep the faith
UTC

I am really not enjoying football this season at all and it might well be the season that finishes any remaining interest off to be honest.  It's not just how poorly we've started the season, it's just the general nonsense that now accompanies anything to do with it.  I purposely avoided football over the summer, but had a quick flick through the SKY channels last week to see what was on.  What I came across was a show called "The Big Countdown" or some nonsense featuring Craig Bellamy and Phil Neville waffling on about Alexis Sanchez wanting to leave Arsenal.  I watched about a minute of it, before turning over. 

I really dislike the way following football has seemingly moved away from actually going to watch games to watching that idiot Jeff Stelling on a Saturday and gambling.   

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #3972 on: August 14, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »
I'm sure Newcastle fans were fuming like we were at this point last season they lost their first 2 games including a defeat at home to Huddersfield, that was before people realised that Huddersfield weren't there to make up the numbers. They then went 5 wins in a row - let's stay positive, we won at Reading last season hopefully this will be the game that kick starts our season. Norwich at home on Saturday, they're like a courtesy bus that turns up to give you a lift at this stage of the season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3973 on: August 14, 2017, 12:51:04 PM »
There isn't really a gap is there or cause to panic. On;y Wolves have had a good start and that is all it is, a start.

How then would you describe the starts made by Forest, Ipswich and Cardiff?

Inconsequential to where Fulham, Wolves, Wednesday, Boro and hopefully ourselves will be come May.

You said the similar about Huddersfield last season. Never discount a side getting some momentum early on and staying there.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3974 on: August 14, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »

Who?

I said I think Bruce should be gone before September.

Oh so it was all hypothetical then.

What if Bruce is still here and wins all six?

Sheffield United got 1 point from 12 at the start of last year and finished with 100. Newcastle started badly and won the league. We might just be ok.

Though we probably won't and will spiral through the league pyramid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal