collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113811 times)

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3780 on: August 13, 2017, 12:49:52 AM »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #3781 on: August 13, 2017, 12:54:07 AM »
The cash we waste is not just to a financial detriment to the club but it's made us lazy too.

We stopped bringing talent through. We show no sign of improving players on the training field.

For too long it's been trying to solve problems by throwing more and more money at them with unfortunately poor managers at the helm. It's one thing giving your top managers cash to throw around but another game when you are letting the likes of Lambert, Sherwood, Di Matteo and Bruce conduct the splurge.

We have become lazy, complacent and overly arrogant of our own abilities in a division full of hard workers who are striving to make the step up.
Good point. But what would throwing our youngsters into this mess do to them?

We will soon have very little choice but to start bringing youth through again. We have a disgustingly bloated squad, the midfield in particular is ridiculous. When FFP really bites next season then we will be cutting back.

We need a progressive manager who is capable of developing younger players and encourages it. The times of us splashing the cash are almost over. It cannot go on like this.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3782 on: August 13, 2017, 12:54:54 AM »
Curious where you stand Chinchilla? Outie or Innie?

You are usually sensible when I am freaking out. I seek your wisdom.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3783 on: August 13, 2017, 12:54:58 AM »
The cash we waste is not just to a financial detriment to the club but it's made us lazy too.

We stopped bringing talent through. We show no sign of improving players on the training field.

For too long it's been trying to solve problems by throwing more and more money at them with unfortunately poor managers at the helm. It's one thing giving your top managers cash to throw around but another game when you are letting the likes of Lambert, Sherwood, Di Matteo and Bruce conduct the splurge.

We have become lazy, complacent and overly arrogant of our own abilities in a division full of hard workers who are striving to make the step up.

Chance would be a fine thing.  Until we see we'll never know.

« Reply #3784 on: August 13, 2017, 12:58:24 AM »

Innie. We are talking belly buttons, right?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #3785 on: August 13, 2017, 12:59:42 AM »
Our record regards young players has been poor for a long time now, nowhere near good enough when, lets face it, its not like they need to be top 6 in the Premier league standard. All over hyped dross.

We've accepted shite as a club since the last 6 months of MON. Today is just yet another manifestation of that. Crap managers and naive owners, will it ever end and where in McGraths name will we be when it does.

Massive couple of games ahead for Bruce now already FFS.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3786 on: August 13, 2017, 01:00:54 AM »

I was talking Bruce. But I will take any certainty in a world gone mad. :)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3787 on: August 13, 2017, 01:04:45 AM »
Well that result was catastrophic.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3788 on: August 13, 2017, 01:11:49 AM »
Our record regards young players has been poor for a long time now, nowhere near good enough when, lets face it, its not like they need to be top 6 in the Premier league standard. All over hyped dross.

We've accepted shite as a club since the last 6 months of MON. Today is just yet another manifestation of that. Crap managers and naive owners, will it ever end and where in McGraths name will we be when it does.

I know that the general consensus is that the man's a monster, but we did finish in the top six of the league above the one we're in under MO'N.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3789 on: August 13, 2017, 01:14:59 AM »

We will soon have very little choice but to start bringing youth through again. We have a disgustingly bloated squad, the midfield in particular is ridiculous. When FFP really bites next season then we will be cutting back.

We need a progressive manager who is capable of developing younger players and encourages it. The times of us splashing the cash are almost over. It cannot go on like this.

That is my real concern.  I think at that point, we would be looking at a fairly lengthy stay in the second tier, so someone like Dean Smith would be an option to work with youngsters coming through. 

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3790 on: August 13, 2017, 01:17:16 AM »

That is my real concern.  I think at that point, we would be looking at a fairly lengthy stay in the second tier, so someone like Dean Smith would be an option to work with youngsters coming through. 

I think he's the man to rebuild us.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #3791 on: August 13, 2017, 01:20:21 AM »

I know that the general consensus is that the man's a monster, but we did finish in the top six of the league above the one we're in under MO'N.

Yes but from Feb onwards it was a real struggle, we'd reached the high water mark and its been downhill since.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3792 on: August 13, 2017, 01:26:42 AM »

Yes but from Feb onwards it was a real struggle, we'd reached the high water mark and its been downhill since.

I'm sure it's trite so say so, but I'd take it now.

« Reply #3793 on: August 13, 2017, 01:29:05 AM »

I was talking Bruce. But I will take any certainty in a world gone mad. :)

Of course. Outie. I was all for him when he arrived. That's not to say I was excited by him, (I doubt anyone has ever been excited by the prospect of Steve Bruce), but when he arrived I felt we were still in freefall, still hungover from weekly thrashings in the Premier League, and we needed a safe pair of hands. He'd been promoted just months earlier, and while his football is as dull as a weekend in Rhyl, he seemed as low-risk and sensible an option as we could hope for.  I expected shit football that yielded results. I got the first bit. It's increasingly clear that we're now only getting that bit. The results are now as ugly as the football. Bruce has no excuses. Other clubs in this division look better with a fraction of our resources. I just cannot see him turning this around, I'm not sure he knows what he's doing, and I'm slightly terrified at the consequences of us not going up this year.  I'd get rid. It's a risk, but I think it's got to be taken. The alternative is more of the same, and that clearly isn't good enough.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3794 on: August 13, 2017, 01:30:51 AM »
MON was overachieving with his first 6th place, but I think was underachieving by the end. His storming out and spending all the money, burning Lerner's fingers quite sorely, also made his legacy looking less rosy than it might have (not to mention the unfit, lazy, old, overpaid nothings he left us loaded with). Fair to say it's not his fault it's got as shit as it has, though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal