collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2115136 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3765 on: August 12, 2017, 11:29:24 PM »
Only one bloke can get us out of this with the existing squad.  MO'N.  Oh my goodness.  I'm ready for the pelters.

Vengloshh on a five year contract. MON was quite wasteful (understatement). But the Good Doctor ver.1 turned title contenders into relegation candidates in the blink of an eye. Just imagine what he could do with Tony's backing.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #3766 on: August 12, 2017, 11:34:03 PM »
Other than stability I can not see an argument to stick with him.

It's not stability though it's stagnation.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3767 on: August 12, 2017, 11:37:02 PM »
Other than stability I can not see an argument to stick with him.

It's not stability though it's stagnation.

That's some weapons-grade truth right there.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3768 on: August 12, 2017, 11:41:58 PM »
End of the day, we brought Bruce in to get us up quick. He didn't. Does anyone think we look like getting up this season? So seeing the championship is going to be our home for the foreseeable future, why not get someone in who's gonna build a team long term and maybe play attractive football occasionally...

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #3769 on: August 12, 2017, 11:46:27 PM »
He also says we may try another formation. Fucks sake man, that was what you had 30+ games last season to try, and a pre-season this. Fucking twat hasn't got a clue. When he doesn't even know how long he's been here then I don't think we can be expecting him to have a clue on something as complex as formation and tactics.

If we go 5 at the back on Tuesday you can almost guarantee another defeat in an abysmal unadventurous performance and the end of Bruce. I expect that is what we will do.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3770 on: August 12, 2017, 11:52:56 PM »
Wyness has stated we have to score 70-80 goals this season to get up. In all honesty, can anyone see that from a Bruce team. 50 would be a bonus at the moment. Hogan makes run after run to be found by no one, fuck knows what he has told Lansbury his role is but a the moment chief ponce with a man bun seems to be his only purpose, no one looks to thread balls through to Hogan, out wide there is no pace to penetrate the defence and stretch the game, and his master plan in all of this seems to be to re-habilitate a fucking cock socket that is hero worshipped for a few goals against Blues but on the day the cub was relegated, the club he was at the time club captain of, was getting stung by a tabloid in a London hotel getting his rocks off. If that is our passage out of the championship we will be waiting a long time. A long, long fucking time. Everything that is wrong at the moment is embodied in that kind of decision to embrace someone who brought shame on the club. At the same time he can't find a way to work with a bloke that scored 60 plus goals in the 3 seasons in this division before signing for us.

I like Bruce, but his management and decisions seem to get more lost by the week.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #3771 on: August 13, 2017, 12:02:56 AM »
Wyness has stated we have to score 70-80 goals this season to get up. In all honesty, can anyone see that from a Bruce team. 50 would be a bonus at the moment. Hogan makes run after run to be found by no one, fuck knows what he has told Lansbury his role is but a the moment chief ponce with a man bun seems to be his only purpose, no one looks to thread balls through to Hogan, out wide there is no pace to penetrate the defence and stretch the game, and his master plan in all of this seems to be to re-habilitate a fucking cock socket that is hero worshipped for a few goals against Blues but on the day the cub was relegated, the club he was at the time club captain of, was getting stung by a tabloid in a London hotel getting his rocks off. If that is our passage out of the championship we will be waiting a long time. A long, long fucking time. Everything that is wrong at the moment is embodied in that kind of decision to embrace someone who brought shame on the club. At the same time he can't find a way to work with a bloke that scored 60 plus goals in the 3 seasons in this division before signing for us.

I like Bruce, but his management and decisions seem to get more lost by the week.
Spot on. The club fucking stinks.  The waste money and lack of plan (again) really bothers me.  The reality for me is that the club's competitive future is at stake and we're a shambles still.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3772 on: August 13, 2017, 12:04:27 AM »
The twitter silence from Tony, Wyness and He is deafening. I suspect meetings are being called.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3773 on: August 13, 2017, 12:13:59 AM »

Spot on. The club fucking stinks.  The waste money and lack of plan (again) really bothers me.  The reality for me is that the club's competitive future is at stake and we're a shambles still.
2 great posts.
Yes, the club stinks and decisive action is needed.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #3774 on: August 13, 2017, 12:22:52 AM »
Only 2 games in and it's obvious he's got to go. I thought Bruce might be the one to get us back on track but....

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #3775 on: August 13, 2017, 12:24:37 AM »
OGS anyone..?

Offline itbrvilla

« Reply #3776 on: August 13, 2017, 12:31:30 AM »

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #3777 on: August 13, 2017, 12:35:17 AM »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #3778 on: August 13, 2017, 12:44:19 AM »
The cash we waste is not just to a financial detriment to the club but it's made us lazy too.

We stopped bringing talent through. We show no sign of improving players on the training field.

For too long it's been trying to solve problems by throwing more and more money at them with unfortunately poor managers at the helm. It's one thing giving your top managers cash to throw around but another game when you are letting the likes of Lambert, Sherwood, Di Matteo and Bruce conduct the splurge.

We have become lazy, complacent and overly arrogant of our own abilities in a division full of hard workers who are striving to make the step up.

Offline itbrvilla

« Reply #3779 on: August 13, 2017, 12:47:41 AM »
The cash we waste is not just to a financial detriment to the club but it's made us lazy too.

We stopped bringing talent through. We show no sign of improving players on the training field.

For too long it's been trying to solve problems by throwing more and more money at them with unfortunately poor managers at the helm. It's one thing giving your top managers cash to throw around but another game when you are letting the likes of Lambert, Sherwood, Di Matteo and Bruce conduct the splurge.

We have become lazy, complacent and overly arrogant of our own abilities in a division full of hard workers who are striving to make the step up.
Good point. But what would throwing our youngsters into this mess do to them?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal