collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113672 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3690 on: August 12, 2017, 08:41:18 PM »
I don't know if Jokanovic is the solution, but Fulham were excellent whenever I watched them last season.

I went to the Fulham v Norwich match last week, they were a pleasure to watch, played some great football but just lacked a finisher. Norwich weren't too shabby either, looked a different game to the shite Villa serve up.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #3691 on: August 12, 2017, 08:42:23 PM »
When things went wrong after the initial honeymoon period he blamed the players so the club allowed funds to rebuild and he has brought in a whole new team and still the performances are poor..now its his team and his fault.

As it stands he has deemed Houriane and Bree not good enough to start and we are left with the liability that is Alan Hutton still starting games ! I dont know full story with McCormack but publically hanging him out to dry has left us with an unsellable player.

Hogan his big signing is a plauer who runs the line and needs ball threaded to him instead we hit him direct ..
By all accounts we were torn apart with pace and power today meanwhile he has filled the team with slow ponderous players ..apparantly even old Warnock is further ahead of the game than the dinaosaur Bruce is..

He wont turn it around and the longer he stays the quicker this season becomes a right off ..

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3692 on: August 12, 2017, 08:45:50 PM »
it's probably already a write off - old, slow ponderous etc...since when did that win anything?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #3693 on: August 12, 2017, 08:48:24 PM »
I feared when Whelan and Elmo arrived Bruce was making us the same meat and potatoes fare as Wigan and Hull were, and so its proved. Those players are not to blame for everything but it's clear what Bruce's plan A, B and C is and another manager now has to work out how to use these knackered old drayhorses in an age of motorcars.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #3694 on: August 12, 2017, 08:50:07 PM »
When things went wrong after the initial honeymoon period he blamed the players so the club allowed funds to rebuild and he has brought in a whole new team and still the performances are poor..now its his team and his fault.

As it stands he has deemed Houriane and Bree not good enough to start and we are left with the liability that is Alan Hutton still starting games ! I dont know full story with McCormack but publically hanging him out to dry has left us with an unsellable player.

Hogan his big signing is a plauer who runs the line and needs ball threaded to him instead we hit him direct ..
By all accounts we were torn apart with pace and power today meanwhile he has filled the team with slow ponderous players ..apparantly even old Warnock is further ahead of the game than the dinaosaur Bruce is..

He wont turn it around and the longer he stays the quicker this season becomes a right off ..
Well said, I agree with all of this. Bringing Samba on last week summed him up. Our obvious shortcomings from last season have not been addressed and he doesn't appear to have a system he wants to go with and yet he has bought in plenty of players whilst he works the system out.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3695 on: August 12, 2017, 08:54:17 PM »
The lack of any pacey powerful signings since he took over has amazed me.  The championship is made for fast powerful forwards and we desperately need one.

Offline supertom

« Reply #3696 on: August 12, 2017, 08:55:16 PM »
Crap. Like a lot of our managers, the more signings he makes, the worse he gets. We need to be signing players in their prime. We've got too many over the hill players. Too many mercenaries looking for a final payday. No one seems to care. It's okay having a handful of reliable, experienced players, but why spend so much on their wages when we could get younger players who will take us forward over 3-4 years? If Bree is decent and promising, then play him for example. That was more of a potentially sensible signing than Tsihbola for example. A dozen or so games for Reading and we pay a silly sum of money.

Why not give RHM more games? O'Hare? Etc. When Green is fit, give him a run. We're still going back to Gabby ffs!?? Why??? Our ethos is still wholly unclear. Signing captains left right and center like it'll make our team feel more vocal, hold more weight. Trouble is...maybe there's now too many big personalities. Of course they'll be consumed by JT because his pedigree is a whole other level entirely. But we seem overly focused on short term solutions. I look at Wyness etc and wonder whether they have any idea what they're doing and it doesn't fill me with confidence.

We're slow, pondersome, tired, dull and lacking in invention as a squad. Our manager is too negative and he's tactically clueless. We're still way, way off being a top 2 side. Even top 6. Last season we thought we could throw our weight around but more creative, vibrant and dynamic sides kept mugging us off. If we want to be a passing side, we lack enough technically gifted players. If we want to be a dynamic and energetic side we lack the stamina and energy. We want to be a quick counter attacking side? We lack the pace. We want to be a side which scraps 1-0 wins? Probably the closest to Bruce's vision I would say...but we're lack the solidity, and with Kodjia injured, the game winner. Further more the player who can unlock a game with skill or vision when things are tight.

Bruce needs to go now. We need fresh ideas. Forward thinking. We need a couple more players in before the window who offer dynamism. What's the point waiting till we're too far off in mid-season? It's as clear as clear can be that he's got no idea what he's doing.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #3697 on: August 12, 2017, 08:57:10 PM »
Absolutely fucking spot on!

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #3698 on: August 12, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »
Well said

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #3699 on: August 12, 2017, 09:01:21 PM »
One thing I've noticed with Bruce is that if a player's in a poor run of form, his solution is to take them out of the team rather than wonder what he can do to change it. Hourihane was terrible during the Walsall game and has barely been seen. Bree hasn't been able to dislodge Alan fucking Hutton. Bacuna gets sold (although I can see why). I bet Lansbury is out on Tuesday.

Basically, if you can answer back, Bruce likes you. If you need a bit of TLC, you sort that yourself.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #3700 on: August 12, 2017, 09:02:19 PM »
We need someone who can make our team to play together. I think we need to find the next and modern version of Ron Saunders to manage us. I think we got a good squad of players and no managers to get the best of out them. 

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3701 on: August 12, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »
I think the one and only Ron Saunders would get more from this mob than Bruce ever could. And I mean now, not then. 

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #3702 on: August 12, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »
I would almost want our next manager to eschew that whole massive club thing when they sign up, and say 'I don't care what you were, it's what you are that's important.' Kind of like SGT's "shambles" comment.

Online ldavfc4eva

« Reply #3703 on: August 12, 2017, 09:19:06 PM »
Very true CO, we are not what we were, time to talk straight and sort this lot out.

Online German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #3704 on: August 12, 2017, 09:31:41 PM »
If we want to be a passing side, we lack enough technically gifted players. If we want to be a dynamic and energetic side we lack the stamina and energy. We want to be a quick counter attacking side? We lack the pace. We want to be a side which scraps 1-0 wins? Probably the closest to Bruce's vision I would say...but we're lack the solidity, and with Kodjia injured, the game winner. Further more the player who can unlock a game with skill or vision when things are tight.
Great summary!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal