collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113555 times)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3660 on: August 12, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »
I never wanted SB and want him to go, but I have no faith in the powers that be to appoint a progressive and technical manager, nothing has seemed to have changed since the RL and PF days.
Don't worry Wyness is football man... apparently...
Didn't he work with Moyes before ........... 😳😳🙈🙈

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #3661 on: August 12, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »
i expected Bruce to win dull games 1-0

but he can not even do that

GET RID

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #3662 on: August 12, 2017, 07:30:12 PM »
At some point we have to accept it takes more than half a season to put things right.  We have to think more long term.  We have to let a team grow with a manager.

We have some good players and Bruce generally picks a team with 7 or 8 of these players in it but then ruins it with the other 3 or 4 he selects.  Add to this the way he wants to play and you can see why we are not making any progress.

I still think the biggest mistake he has made is walking into this club and thinking he could rehabilitate GA.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #3663 on: August 12, 2017, 07:32:38 PM »
the biggest problem is RDM and Bruce have spent all the money and will leave the next manager with an ageing very average squad with limited resources to go again (pun intended)
we are really in a fix

The squad is good enough to challenge

hopefully but I'm not as convinced as others in some of the players we have bought

I mean Hogan, Hourahane, Mcormack, Whelan, Lansbury, that Iceland fella  I haven't seen any of them have a decent game yet,
 early days for some I know but come on at the moment they all look like a basket of shitness

yet that all looked good before SB signed them

Bruce is the problem

and Calderwood

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #3664 on: August 12, 2017, 07:32:48 PM »
I never wanted SB and want him to go, but I have no faith in the powers that be to appoint a progressive and technical manager, nothing has seemed to have changed since the RL and PF days.
Don't worry Wyness is football man... apparently...

Ye gods, we are doomed I tells ya.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #3665 on: August 12, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
At some point we have to accept it takes more than half a season to put things right.  We have to think more long term.  We have to let a team grow with a manager.

We have some good players and Bruce generally picks a team with 7 or 8 of these players in it but then ruins it with the other 3 or 4 he selects.  Add to this the way he wants to play and you can see why we are not making any progress.

I still think the biggest mistake he has made is walking into this club and thinking he could rehabilitate GA.

Off the top of my head, he must have been in charge for nearly 40 games now ? Spend loads and absolutely no improvement.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #3666 on: August 12, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
Today was the tipping point for me but I can't see a viable and accessible alternative apart from possibly Slavisa Jokanovic. As of thjs afternoon I would be happy to see Steve Bruce walking away with his P45 but only if we can appoint a better and more capable manager for the set of players Villa have. Change just for change sake will not work.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #3667 on: August 12, 2017, 07:35:43 PM »
I've been a supporter of him but I have to say if I were Tone I'd be tempted to start a deadline period to sort it out which should only run into a matter of weeks.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #3668 on: August 12, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »
I think waiting for Bruce to turn it around is an example of the gambler's fallacy. You find it impossible to cut your losses because you figure your losing streak is bound to end soon, when in actual fact it's much better to leave the table and learn your lesson. We can all see the type of football Bruce has us playing. We know it's not going to change just by waiting. Two games in doesn't matter - we know what we can expect based on the last ten months so let's get rid.
Perfectly put.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #3669 on: August 12, 2017, 07:39:31 PM »

Off the top of my head, he must have been in charge for nearly 40 games now ? Spend loads and absolutely no improvement.

Sorry, I didn't mean it as sticking with Bruce. I meant it as to not keep appointing managers that we think can turn it around in 6 months i.e. A name that has done it before.  This is a longer term project and why I thought he should have been replaced at the end of last season.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #3670 on: August 12, 2017, 07:40:21 PM »
Yeah Kodjia reminds me of Benteke under Lambert, getting the manager off the hook by creating his own chances. Without him, the complete lack of strategy and tactical ability is exposed.
At last, someone on my page !thanks

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3671 on: August 12, 2017, 07:42:51 PM »
I think waiting for Bruce to turn it around is an example of the gambler's fallacy. You find it impossible to cut your losses because you figure your losing streak is bound to end soon, when in actual fact it's much better to leave the table and learn your lesson. We can all see the type of football Bruce has us playing. We know it's not going to change just by waiting. Two games in doesn't matter - we know what we can expect based on the last ten months so let's get rid.
Perfectly put.

It is

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3672 on: August 12, 2017, 07:43:04 PM »
Allardyce looks like a decent shout. Prepares thoroughly, has his players understand what they're supposed to be doing, gets results. Would he want it, though?
No no and no. We must not keep falling in to this knows the League, can conjure up results mode again. We should have gone for Wagner in January  and  we need someone similar to his type now.

Allardyce is not a Steve Bruce. He has a brain, for a start. Since Wagner is out of the question, who would you recommend?
I don't have much idea but from those I know and the knowledge is limited.
Slaviša Jokanović
Quique Sánchez Flores
Walter Mazzarri

Offline ez

« Reply #3673 on: August 12, 2017, 07:44:13 PM »
Just seen a post match interview and while i appreciate honesty his admissions are shocking.

https://www.facebook.com/avfcofficial/videos/1648605478516848/

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3674 on: August 12, 2017, 07:46:00 PM »
Perfectly put.
Spot on sir.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal