collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114280 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3645 on: August 12, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
Yeah Kodjia reminds me of Benteke under Lambert, getting the manager off the hook by creating his own chances. Without him, the complete lack of strategy and tactical ability is exposed.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3646 on: August 12, 2017, 07:11:33 PM »
Allardyce looks like a decent shout. Prepares thoroughly, has his players understand what they're supposed to be doing, gets results. Would he want it, though?
No no and no. We must not keep falling in to this knows the League, can conjure up results mode again. We should have gone for Wagner in January  and  we need someone similar to his type now.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3647 on: August 12, 2017, 07:12:15 PM »
The bodger is missing Kodjia.

Offline Joshua Fineman

« Reply #3648 on: August 12, 2017, 07:13:19 PM »
As I've just posted on post game thread, it wont have much benefit , so pointless. To win games you need strikers capable of scoring high percentages of chances. We've only 1. Although board, owner, Mgr etc may contribute to this, changing any of those won't make things better as we still would have only 1 scorer. Get another striker , don't get shot of Bruce.......yet

Which of McCormack, Hogan and Kodjia are you saying is that one scorer?
As you are well in tune with all things Villa DAVE, I guess that's a sarcastic question. But in case not....Kodja is only 1 I've seen score pretty regularly when available. We are v
Currently in same mode as when he was at African cup , without similar back up quality that can score in Villa shirt

But the point is Hogan and McCormack had good goal scoring records before they came to Villa park.  Another striker will be just the same. 

It's about making chances, not getting a striker to take them. 

Re read your last line.....you can make a hundred chances, if you don't put any away thy are all pointless . Some f**Ker has to score to win, whilst we keep a clean sheet....that's the basis of the game

Villa make a hundred chances?!? Ha!

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3649 on: August 12, 2017, 07:13:46 PM »
Allardyce looks like a decent shout. Prepares thoroughly, has his players understand what they're supposed to be doing, gets results. Would he want it, though?
No no and no. We must not keep falling in to this knows the League, can conjure up results mode again. We should have gone for Wagner in January  and  we need someone similar to his type now.

Aye.  The penny has to drop at some point.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3650 on: August 12, 2017, 07:13:58 PM »
Like I said straight after the game, Bruce wants to play direct football but has not bought the players to do it. We have a good squad of players but need a tactical direction. We also have no left back cover, no left wing cover and only 1 fit striker as Gabby doesn't count.

If we could chose the Fulham manager would be ideal. After that fuck knows. Smith would likely get Hogan going and I would think Hourihane and one or 2 more who actually play football might appreciate him, but I can't help thinking we need to find our own saviour. Our Wagner or Klopp or Poccetino. If Round is worth his salt he will have done his homework on managers across the UK and Europe. Our squad is 2 or 3 additions from being well balanced and the strongest in the division. Bruce has sadly shown himself as completely incapable of handling the pressure. Move on. Fast.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3651 on: August 12, 2017, 07:15:20 PM »
There is absolutely no point in putting the ball in the air to Hogan.  He can't jump.  He must be the same height as Andy Gray but Gray could jump a head and a half higher.  He is like Ron Wylie without Ron's brain.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3652 on: August 12, 2017, 07:16:47 PM »

Aye.  The penny has to drop at some point.

Yes please. If we are going to be down here for a while I would sooner we played some decent football.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #3653 on: August 12, 2017, 07:18:36 PM »
I think waiting for Bruce to turn it around is an example of the gambler's fallacy. You find it impossible to cut your losses because you figure your losing streak is bound to end soon, when in actual fact it's much better to leave the table and learn your lesson. We can all see the type of football Bruce has us playing. We know it's not going to change just by waiting. Two games in doesn't matter - we know what we can expect based on the last ten months so let's get rid.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #3654 on: August 12, 2017, 07:18:59 PM »
Like I said straight after the game, Bruce wants to play direct football but has not bought the players to do it. We have a good squad of players but need a tactical direction. We also have no left back cover, no left wing cover and only 1 fit striker as Gabby doesn't count.

If we could chose the Fulham manager would be ideal. After that fuck knows. Smith would likely get Hogan going and I would think Hourihane and one or 2 more who actually play football might appreciate him, but I can't help thinking we need to find our own saviour. Our Wagner or Klopp or Poccetino. If Round is worth his salt he will have done his homework on managers across the UK and Europe. Our squad is 2 or 3 additions from being well balanced and the strongest in the division. Bruce has sadly shown himself as completely incapable of handling the pressure. Move on. Fast.
This is where I am at, Round,Wynesss or Xia?

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #3655 on: August 12, 2017, 07:20:38 PM »
I never wanted SB and want him to go, but I have no faith in the powers that be to appoint a progressive and technical manager, nothing has seemed to have changed since the RL and PF days.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #3656 on: August 12, 2017, 07:22:02 PM »
I never wanted SB and want him to go, but I have no faith in the powers that be to appoint a progressive and technical manager, nothing has seemed to have changed since the RL and PF days.
Don't worry Wyness is football man... apparently...

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #3657 on: August 12, 2017, 07:23:41 PM »

Allardyce is not a Steve Bruce. He has a brain, for a start. Since Wagner is out of the question, who would you recommend?

Offline cdward

« Reply #3658 on: August 12, 2017, 07:25:24 PM »
The thing that Bruce is not doing is building confidence. The players don't believe in themselves enough.
Compare with Neil Warnock, his team went out to play today with belief. I hate to say it but Harry Redknapp is doing it at Blues, they were 1 down today and won 2-1. Wolves have won 3 from 3 this season. Wagner did it at Huddersfield. Hull City had a great win today, with Hernandez getting a hat trick. I don't know how or what Steve Bruce says to the players, but we don't look like a team who knows what our style of play or game plan is.
He is just hoping that Kodjia comes back and starts scoring again.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3659 on: August 12, 2017, 07:28:25 PM »
I think we could all see what was to come this season during the pre-season friendlies.  Losing to Shrewsbury and a scoreless draw against Walsall should never happen.  There was no pattern, nothing incisive, no imagination, just like last season.  Bruce has no idea of tactics and, IMO was a lazy appointment.

It may sound extreme but, I'm beginning to think I may never see my club play top-flight football again.  Not with this man in charge anyway.

We keep hearing about the pedigree he has for getting teams promoted from this division.  Pedigree?  the only pedigree he has is a pantry full of the stuff to feed the dog!

Sack him tonight!

I wouldn't go that far, but I did find myself sat there last weekend when we were hanging on against Hull that we could be out of the top flight for some time. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal