collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113443 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3630 on: August 12, 2017, 06:50:07 PM »
SB, a more naive, dinosaur of a manager you could ever find in any of the four divisions of English football,
has to go now!
But, is the fella that appointed him going to admit he fucked up?
Who goes? SB or Dr X ,You decide.That could be the root of the problem, as in which charlatan turns up next.
Dr X out.

Xia didn't appoint Bruce. Wyness did. If memory serves, Xia was away on business and was not directly involved in the selection.

Wyness and Bruce can both eff off back to the Algarve in that case.

Can they do it after the 15th of September as I'm in Tavira for the first two weeks of next month.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3631 on: August 12, 2017, 06:51:02 PM »
Allardyce looks like a decent shout. Prepares thoroughly, has his players understand what they're supposed to be doing, gets results. Would he want it, though?
Would we, really? How many times can we keep starting again as per last few years?

At least one more time evidently. I mean Bruce is going backwards here.

I'd rather see Bruce win the next three and get some momentum going before some of our badly-missed injured players come back. That's what I think he'll need to keep his job.

I can't see it happening, so it looks like his departure will be inevitable, whether I'd prefer continuity or not. He looks like a dead man walking.

Agreed. Look he is a nice bloke, we all want him to succeed. He just isnt. If you make your entire career around grinding out ugly 1 goal wins or occasionally losing in the same ugly manner by a goal then you know what happens when you start getting thrashed. You dont have the "but I have got the team progressing and playing good football" reason to keep you. You are on a shorter sacking timeline.

I also think Tone sees exactly the same thing.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3632 on: August 12, 2017, 06:53:06 PM »
Perhaps they need to have a team meeting.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3633 on: August 12, 2017, 06:55:52 PM »
SB, a more naive, dinosaur of a manager you could ever find in any of the four divisions of English football,
has to go now!
Who goes? SB or Dr X ,You decide.That could be the root of the problem, as in which charlatan turns up next.
Dr X out.

Xia didn't appoint Bruce. Wyness did. If memory serves, Xia was away on business and was not directly involved in the selection.

Wyness and Bruce can both eff off back to the Algarve in that case.

Can they do it after the 15th of September as I'm in Tavira for the first two weeks of next month.

That suits me as long as we can get them holed up in Champneys or somewhere until then. No internet or phone signal is preferable.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #3634 on: August 12, 2017, 06:56:13 PM »
has to go now!
Dr X out.

Wyness can do one too, however, the man in overall charge you would like to think had his finger on the pulse. No?

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #3635 on: August 12, 2017, 06:57:49 PM »
has to go now!
Dr X out.

Wyness can do one too, however, the man in overall charge you would like to think had his finger on the pulse. No?

Forget his finger, I think he'll soon have his size 7 platform wedges on Bruce's head.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #3636 on: August 12, 2017, 07:00:27 PM »
Just back home after a great day out with Mrs VCTM - only spoiled (once again) by looking at the score - I will never be ashamed to be a Villa fan, however right now I am embarrassed at being so.
How low do we have to go before we rebound?
From the outside looking in we seem bereft of ideas on the pitch and totally disorganised off it (i.e. The ticket Office fiasco and the inability to bring in suitable signings - just what are our scouts looking at?)
Bruce`s approach appears old school and the signings of the likes of Terry do not inspire me.
Like many other "senior" posters on here I have witnessed worse times, however the financial implications were far less back in 1968 -71
I really fear that we will continue to slide and the financial meltdown we may incur will be akin to the "Titanic sinking into the abyss, never to return"
I think the owner believes he has the right people on board.... maybe he has sought poor advice.
Our back room staff recruited from the likes of Brighton and Everton appear to have left those clubs stronger rather than weaker which speaks volumes of their "qualities"
Perhaps this job is too big for Bruce - but  who is available that could pull this club up ? 
The players must also take their share of criticism - they appear to lack the passion to tackle this league.
The amount of money bandied about in the Premier League makes me feel physically sick and seeing clubs asking hundreds of millions of pounds for players  lessens my love of the game further. Part of me asks whether we want to be part of the gravy train that is the Premier League.
One thing for sure, Bruce, the back room staff and players are not justifying their wages right now.
Sack him now or wait until Christmas..... at this conjecture I will be happy to stay up ...how mad is that?

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #3637 on: August 12, 2017, 07:00:59 PM »

We simply didn’t do enough of the basics.

This is an astonishing admission! Even for a bog-standard, basic jobbing tradesman like Steve Bruce.

Me: "Why is my car still fucked?"
Mechanic: "I haven't mastered using tools."

"The basics" are what pub-teams practise, if they practise. 

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3638 on: August 12, 2017, 07:01:37 PM »
I think we could all see what was to come this season during the pre-season friendlies.  Losing to Shrewsbury and a scoreless draw against Walsall should never happen.  There was no pattern, nothing incisive, no imagination, just like last season.  Bruce has no idea of tactics and, IMO was a lazy appointment.

It may sound extreme but, I'm beginning to think I may never see my club play top-flight football again.  Not with this man in charge anyway.

We keep hearing about the pedigree he has for getting teams promoted from this division.  Pedigree?  the only pedigree he has is a pantry full of the stuff to feed the dog!

Sack him tonight!

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #3639 on: August 12, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »
As I've just posted on post game thread, it wont have much benefit , so pointless. To win games you need strikers capable of scoring high percentages of chances. We've only 1. Although board, owner, Mgr etc may contribute to this, changing any of those won't make things better as we still would have only 1 scorer. Get another striker , don't get shot of Bruce.......yet

Which of McCormack, Hogan and Kodjia are you saying is that one scorer?
As you are well in tune with all things Villa DAVE, I guess that's a sarcastic question. But in case not....Kodja is only 1 I've seen score pretty regularly when available. We are v
Currently in same mode as when he was at African cup , without similar back up quality that can score in Villa shirt

But the point is Hogan and McCormack had good goal scoring records before they came to Villa park.  Another striker will be just the same. 

It's about making chances, not getting a striker to take them. 

Re read your last line.....you can make a hundred chances, if you don't put any away thy are all pointless . Some f**Ker has to score to win, whilst we keep a clean sheet....that's the basis of the game

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #3640 on: August 12, 2017, 07:02:11 PM »
has to go now!
Dr X out.

Forget his finger, I think he'll soon have his size 7 platform wedges on Bruce's head.
Lol, but seriously, how much does he really know about the ins and outs of this beautiful game(sorry), Doug would be turning in his grave if he was dead.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #3641 on: August 12, 2017, 07:03:39 PM »
I'd get the Fulham manager in - they passed it around us at their place.

We have some decent players on paper, quite a few of whom he bought- what has he done to them all?

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #3642 on: August 12, 2017, 07:03:51 PM »

We simply didn’t do enough of the basics.

This is an astonishing admission! Even for a bog-standard, basic jobbing tradesman like Steve Bruce.

Bodger Bruce.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #3643 on: August 12, 2017, 07:05:15 PM »
I don't rate Hogan based on what I've seen, but at some point today he must have gone up for his thirtieth header and thought, "what's the point in me being here?"

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #3644 on: August 12, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »
I think we could all see what was to come this season during the pre-season friendlies.  Losing to Shrewsbury and a scoreless draw against Walsall should never happen.  There was no pattern, nothing incisive, no imagination, just like last season.  Bruce has no idea of tactics and, IMO was a lazy appointment.

It may sound extreme but, I'm beginning to think I may never see my club play top-flight football again.  Not with this man in charge anyway.

We keep hearing about the pedigree he has for getting teams promoted from this division.  Pedigree?  the only pedigree he has is a pantry full of the stuff to feed the dog!

Sack him tonight!

Totally agree with this comment.

I think Kodjia papered over a few cracks last season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal