collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113006 times)

Offline Dazvillain

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3600 on: August 12, 2017, 06:23:07 PM »
As I've just posted on post game thread, it wont have much benefit , so pointless. To win games you need strikers capable of scoring high percentages of chances. We've only 1. Although board, owner, Mgr etc may contribute to this, changing any of those won't make things better as we still would have only 1 scorer. Get another striker , don't get shot of Bruce.......yet

Which of McCormack, Hogan and Kodjia are you saying is that one scorer?
As you are well in tune with all things Villa DAVE, I guess that's a sarcastic question. But in case not....Kodja is only 1 I've seen score pretty regularly when available. We are v
Currently in same mode as when he was at African cup , without similar back up quality that can score in Villa shirt

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3601 on: August 12, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »
Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce said: "It was on the edge of embarrassment if I'm being brutally honest.

"It's a rude awakening for us, very early again. Arguably that's the biggest doing I can remember having in the Championship.

"We didn't do enough of the basics. We looked fragile every time they broke on us."

Bruce is always correct and sane as always when pointing out the flaws of the players.

Sadly he missed out the "How wrong do I have to get it to be thrashed by Neil Warnock?" bit.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #3602 on: August 12, 2017, 06:24:51 PM »
For Allardyce read Bruce pre AVFC.

He is not for us, we need someone young and dynamic. I have no idea who though.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #3603 on: August 12, 2017, 06:24:55 PM »
Now that he is certainly for the chop,  please can we have a next Villa manager poll with a motley list of tosspots and the obligatory  Alan Curbishley.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3604 on: August 12, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »
As I've just posted on post game thread, it wont have much benefit , so pointless. To win games you need strikers capable of scoring high percentages of chances. We've only 1. Although board, owner, Mgr etc may contribute to this, changing any of those won't make things better as we still would have only 1 scorer. Get another striker , don't get shot of Bruce.......yet

As you are well in tune with all things Villa DAVE, I guess that's a sarcastic question. But in case not....Kodja is only 1 I've seen score pretty regularly when available. We are v
Currently in same mode as when he was at African cup , without similar back up quality that can score in Villa shirt

that's why we want rid of a manager who has spent millions and according to you is still totally reliant on one player

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #3605 on: August 12, 2017, 06:25:34 PM »
Allardyce looks like a decent shout. Prepares thoroughly, has his players understand what they're supposed to be doing, gets results. Would he want it, though?
Would we, really? How many times can we keep starting again as per last few years?

Offline andym

« Reply #3606 on: August 12, 2017, 06:26:16 PM »
Don't get me wrong, he is doing a terrible job at the moment, I just can't understand why/how both his performance and the players has nosedived so quickly.

Nosedived from where? Its been crap since SB arrived

4 months before he joined us he got a team promoted with less resources than at his disposal now... then look at the players we have signed McCormack, Horihane, hogan to name three who have come in off the back of being brilliant for their previous clubs but being crap for us.

He got promoted though the lottery of the playoffs, after finishing 4th, 6 points behind 3rd place.

The players he had at his disposal that season included Dawson, Davies, Huddlestone, Elmohamady, Livermoore, Hernandez, Snodgrass, Diame, Maguire, Meyler and Clucas.

That is incredibly strong for the Championship, and yet he finished with clear daylight behind other teams whose squads were no stronger.

As others have said, he just buys a shit load of players and hopes it will all click.

Offline john e

« Reply #3607 on: August 12, 2017, 06:26:42 PM »
Allardyce looks like a decent shout. Prepares thoroughly, has his players understand what they're supposed to be doing, gets results. Would he want it, though?
Would we, really? How many times can we keep starting again as per last few years?

until we get it right

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3608 on: August 12, 2017, 06:26:58 PM »

At least one more time evidently. I mean Bruce is going backwards here.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3609 on: August 12, 2017, 06:28:57 PM »
Please tell me what you have seen of Bruce's Aston Villa that convinces you he is the right man for the job?

Offline john e

« Reply #3610 on: August 12, 2017, 06:30:24 PM »
Please tell me what you have seen of Bruce's Aston Villa that convinces you he is the right man for the job?

has no one told you about his second to none record of getting teams promoted

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3611 on: August 12, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »

has no one told you about his second to none record of getting teams promoted
Sorry I must have missed that :)

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3612 on: August 12, 2017, 06:33:27 PM »

Not a lot at the moment.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3613 on: August 12, 2017, 06:33:51 PM »

McCormack scored 70 goals in the three seasons before he joined us. Hogan scored 14 in half a season before he joined us.

The solution isn't to keep buying £12m strikers until you stumble over one who is capable of doing everything on his own, you hire somebody who knows how to put a team together rather than launching 70 yard punts in the general direction of a 5ft 11 striker and then whining when he doesn't score 20 goals.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:36:54 PM by Dave »

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #3614 on: August 12, 2017, 06:33:52 PM »
It's way deeper than Steve Bruce.

We sign players who have skills elsewhere, yet they completely disappear once they put a Villa shirt on.

They're suddenly earning wages they never had before, training in luxury at BMH.

Then the have no desire, no fitness and the skills desert them.

I don't know how on earth we can stop the rot.

I'd never heard of Scott Hogan when we signed him, much less seen him play. It seems he scored a load for Brentford. What is his preferred position? Striker? He seems to drift in to the left channel. I guess he's doing that until Kodjia is fit. But what is his strength? Similar for Hourihane & Lansbury. Play to their strengths! Is it that hard for the fistfaced one to see?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal