collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113900 times)

Offline Dazvillain

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3585 on: August 12, 2017, 06:08:32 PM »
As I've just posted on post game thread, it wont have much benefit , so pointless. To win games you need strikers capable of scoring high percentages of chances. We've only 1. Although board, owner, Mgr etc may contribute to this, changing any of those won't make things better as we still would have only 1 scorer. Get another striker , don't get shot of Bruce.......yet

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3586 on: August 12, 2017, 06:08:45 PM »
It's way deeper than Steve Bruce.

We sign players who have skills elsewhere, yet they completely disappear once they put a Villa shirt on.

They're suddenly earning wages they never had before, training in luxury at BMH.

Then the have no desire, no fitness and the skills desert them.

I don't know how on earth we can stop the rot.

this mythical thing that people can't put their finger on is just that mythical
we have changed everything at the club over recent years

it's a line of rubbish managers is all

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3587 on: August 12, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »
It's way deeper than Steve Bruce.

We sign players who have skills elsewhere, yet they completely disappear once they put a Villa shirt on.

They're suddenly earning wages they never had before, training in luxury at BMH.

Then the have no desire, no fitness and the skills desert them.

I don't know how on earth we can stop the rot.

this mythical thing that people can't put their finger on is just that mythical
we have changed everything at the club over recent years

it's a line of rubbish managers is all

Yep. Just because the last manager was shit doesn't mean the new manager can't be. For years we've lacked an overall football strategy, how we want to play and sign players and so on. We just think 'he's gone and done promotion before, maybe that work', with no thought as to exactly how he'll fucking do it, and whether it fits us.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3588 on: August 12, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »
As I've just posted on post game thread, it wont have much benefit , so pointless. To win games you need strikers capable of scoring high percentages of chances. We've only 1. Although board, owner, Mgr etc may contribute to this, changing any of those won't make things better as we still would have only 1 scorer. Get another striker , don't get shot of Bruce.......yet
You also need to not concede 3.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3589 on: August 12, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »
Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce said: "It was on the edge of embarrassment if I'm being brutally honest.

"It's a rude awakening for us, very early again. Arguably that's the biggest doing I can remember having in the Championship.

"We didn't do enough of the basics. We looked fragile every time they broke on us."

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3590 on: August 12, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »

Which of McCormack, Hogan and Kodjia are you saying is that one scorer?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3591 on: August 12, 2017, 06:15:17 PM »
It pains me, it really does, but I would install Allardyce with immediate effect.

I, like anyone else with a soul, do not want to watch dull football, but I'll take it if it's effective. Whatever is said about him he doesn't not want for preparation and planning, in fact it's what he does.

We're stuck with an aging squad and not much room for manoeuvre, he'd have a plan to maximise what we have plus probably a big unit up top. We'd brutalise the division and probably go straight up.

I'd then bin him as soon as he comes off the pitch after the last game.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #3592 on: August 12, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »
He's just thick.

Certainly there is a deficiency in the little grey cells department.

Probably thinks Sugar Diabetes is a Welsh middleweight boxer.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3593 on: August 12, 2017, 06:17:53 PM »
It pains me, it really does, but I would install Allardyce with immediate effect.

I, like anyone else with a soul, do not want to watch dull football, but I'll take it if it's effective. Whatever is said about him he doesn't not want for preparation and planning, in fact it's what he does.

We're stuck with an aging squad and not much room for manoeuvre, he'd have a plan to maximise what we have plus probably a big unit up top. We'd brutalise the division and probably go straight up.

wasn't this exact thing said when we appointed Bruce

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3594 on: August 12, 2017, 06:17:59 PM »
Allardyce said he didn't want to do full-time managing again, hence leaving Palace. But maybe coming "home" might entice the Dudley boy.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #3595 on: August 12, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »
You also need to not concede 3.
Correct but the biggest fundamental to win a game is to score 1. Hogan missed 2 chances before they scored.if we defend and hold well in midfield, we will draw at best....you have to score

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #3596 on: August 12, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »
Allardyce looks like a decent shout. Prepares thoroughly, has his players understand what they're supposed to be doing, gets results. Would he want it, though?

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #3597 on: August 12, 2017, 06:20:40 PM »
Big Sam for me.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3598 on: August 12, 2017, 06:20:57 PM »

Yeah that's my concern. I'm worried that for whatever reason that approach just won't work with us. We've tried it a lot - maybe we should hire someone based more on their plan than their reputation from ten years ago?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3599 on: August 12, 2017, 06:22:44 PM »

Yeah that's my concern. I'm worried that for whatever reason that approach just won't work with us. We've tried it a lot - maybe we should hire someone based more on their plan than their reputation from ten years ago?

but if we do that how can people be told to look at his record any time they're pissed off?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal