collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113324 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3525 on: August 12, 2017, 05:20:52 PM »
We need Chairman Mao tonight.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #3526 on: August 12, 2017, 05:22:59 PM »
the biggest problem is RDM and Bruce have spent all the money and will leave the next manager with an ageing very average squad with limited resources to go again (pun intended)
we are really in a fix

I don't agree with that...Bree, Hourihane, Kodija, Hogan, Lansbury, De Laet, O'Hare, Onomah, Terry, Chester, Grealish.....there's more than enough talent at this level.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3527 on: August 12, 2017, 05:23:43 PM »
the biggest problem is RDM and Bruce have spent all the money and will leave the next manager with an ageing very average squad with limited resources to go again (pun intended)
we are really in a fix

There are options though.

A new manager could come in and make Hourihane an integral part of the team. All play flows through him like at Barnsley so we're instantly better to watch.

Kodjia will be back aswell so we'd have more of a cutting edge in the final third. There are good players at this club but yet again we're playing agricultural, analogue football in a digital world.

yep I agree I better manager can turn things around and make things look brighter
even Timbo made us look good for a short time when we had been just as bad for a long time

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3528 on: August 12, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »
Jokanovic
Carvalhal
Jones

from this division would figure in the betting odds.

Pardew (urgh)
Sam Allthepies
Moyes

from the lazy, recently departed/sacked Prem managers list.

Mark Hughes and Slaven Bilic might feature on that list in the not-too-distant.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3529 on: August 12, 2017, 05:27:13 PM »
we are really in a fix

There are options though.

A new manager could come in and make Hourihane an integral part of the team. All play flows through him like at Barnsley so we're instantly better to watch.

Kodjia will be back aswell so we'd have more of a cutting edge in the final third. There are good players at this club but yet again we're playing agricultural, analogue football in a digital world.

yep I agree I better manager can turn things around and make things look brighter
even Timbo made us look good for a short time when we had been just as bad for a long time
I agree a different manager could get us playing better and winning more, the problem though is that the squad is still full of very average players.
Still perhaps a play off shout.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3530 on: August 12, 2017, 05:30:54 PM »
I think a better manager will still manage to get a decent tune out of this fiddle.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3531 on: August 12, 2017, 05:31:50 PM »
The problem isn't the squad, it is the manager who is getting absolutely nothing like the best from them.

He didn't for all but a few games last year, we looked as shit as ever pre season and we look worse than last season now.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3532 on: August 12, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »
Thing is Bruce isn't a bad manager, particularly at this level. His record proves that. However there is something at the heart of Aston Villa that is rotten, I'll be damned if I can tell you what it is though, but anyone that comes here, with any sort of good reputation and track record seems to be ruined in a very short space of time.

It would be funny if it wasn't so painful to witness week after week, month after month, year after year...

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3533 on: August 12, 2017, 05:36:07 PM »
Thing is Bruce isn't a bad manager, particularly at this level. His record proves that. However there is something at the heart of Aston Villa that is rotten, I'll be damned if I can tell you what it is though, but anyone that comes here, with any sort of good reputation and track record seems to be ruined in a very short space of time.

It would be funny if it wasn't so painful to witness week after week, month after month, year after year...
Sorry this is rubbish, it is a succession of awful appointments that have got us where we are.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3534 on: August 12, 2017, 05:38:08 PM »

nah it's the manager
we changed the owner, Chairman, players, back room staff, head of recruitment how can it still be something at the heart

a long list of bad useless managers and twats that appointed them is why we are where we are

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #3535 on: August 12, 2017, 05:39:34 PM »
I'm sick of hearing about Bruce's record. Aston Villa have won the Cup seven times but not in the last sixty years. Bruce's time has passed, he's only interested in dressing room personalties rather than tactics. You don't play long ball against a Warnock side, for example. Hogan may as well not play. He's ruined Hourihane and sent Samba on as a striker in the first fucking game of the season.

If Kodjia and Jedinak aren't there he has no other ideas. We need to get a good manager in. That's the solution - no curses or rotten club bollocks. We have a new owner who's still interested, we have a team full of leaders and a forward line who should be fighting each other for the golden boot. Get a decent, attacking manager in and we'll get promoted. Stick with Bruce and we won't get anywhere near the top half of an absolutely crap league.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3536 on: August 12, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »
I agree we have made some terrible appointments, but Bruce had a great track record at getting teams out of this division. The football may have been dull but it was effective. I also remember his Blues and Wigan teams turning up at Villa Park and putting in performances like Cardiff did today, committed, hungry organised and passionate.

Then look at the players we have signed, from the best in their position in the league to looking like they have never played football before.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #3537 on: August 12, 2017, 05:41:50 PM »
I agree we have made some terrible appointments, but Bruce had a great track record at getting teams out of this division. The football may have been dull but it was effective. I also remember his Blues and Wigan teams turning up at Villa Park and putting in performances like Cardiff did today, committed, hungry organised and passionate.

Then look at the players we have signed, from the best in their position in the league to looking like they have never played football before.

Terry, Onomah, Whelan and Elmohamady aside, he's trained with those players since the third week of January.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3538 on: August 12, 2017, 05:42:34 PM »
It's Bodymore Heath and Villa Park to blame.
Once a player sees their new working environment after being at Brentford or Barnsley et al, they must think, "fucking hell, I've made it, me. Easy street from now on".

That and shit managers, including the currrent one.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #3539 on: August 12, 2017, 05:43:37 PM »
Don't fret.   He will be gone by Monday.  JT caretaker until next charlatan arrives.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal