collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113739 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3375 on: August 07, 2017, 12:49:37 PM »
I think he's got 10 games and if we're not within 3 points of top spot the Dr will give him the boot.

I don't think he could have any complaints with that either.  Yes, we were a mess when he arrived but 12 months is enough time to show some sort of improvement but the reality is we haven't, and in many regards (ie the attacking third) we've gone backwards massively.  There's an argument he's lucky he's still here now as if Kodjia hadn't had such an amazing season last year we could've been flirting with relegation and he could've got the boot sooner.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #3376 on: August 07, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »
I think he's got 10 games and if we're not within 3 points of top spot the Dr will give him the boot.

I don't think he could have any complaints with that either.  Yes, we were a mess when he arrived but 12 months is enough time to show some sort of improvement but the reality is we haven't, and in many regards (ie the attacking third) we've gone backwards massively.  There's an argument he's lucky he's still here now as if Kodjia hadn't had such an amazing season last year we could've been flirting with relegation and he could've got the boot sooner.
Difficult to disagree except I think we need to look comfortable to 4 before or he'll get the boot.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3377 on: August 07, 2017, 12:59:44 PM »
I think he still hasn't addressed the lack of movement, pace and creativity in midfield

The depressing thing for me is that this has been the case for years now. Bruce has never been the kind of manager to sort out those problems, yet we appointed and persisted with him in the hope he'd suddenly have some damascene conversion to passing football. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe his chunkier, bumpier football style will get us up, but I have to say that I'm doubtful.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3378 on: August 07, 2017, 01:03:22 PM »

Dr Tony seems to be playing a very active part in things at the moment, which doesn't normally bode well for a manager.  Photos of him at the training ground, him talking of meeting the players to give them a pep talk etc, then saying after the game that he saw problems that he'd hoped had been fixed.  Bruce needs to get his act together, and fast I reckon.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #3379 on: August 07, 2017, 01:14:15 PM »
I like him and hope he gets us out this farty league but stop playing Bacuna and use your subs earlier especially when it looks like the other team is going to score any minute.   He left Green and the new chap too long to bring on and no idea why he kept Gabby on for the full game and then does a Lambert sending Samba up front , all embarrassing .

He needs a good start and needs to be top 2 at christmas otherwise on your bike mate, he has a great squad down there and the doctor has backed him so I keep my fingers crossed he does the business.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3380 on: August 07, 2017, 01:29:33 PM »

Dr Tony seems to be playing a very active part in things at the moment, which doesn't normally bode well for a manager.  Photos of him at the training ground, him talking of meeting the players to give them a pep talk etc, then saying after the game that he saw problems that he'd hoped had been fixed.

There's only one way this is going to end. 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3381 on: August 07, 2017, 01:34:00 PM »

Dr Tony seems to be playing a very active part in things at the moment, which doesn't normally bode well for a manager.  Photos of him at the training ground, him talking of meeting the players to give them a pep talk etc, then saying after the game that he saw problems that he'd hoped had been fixed.  Bruce needs to get his act together, and fast I reckon.

I don't think it's anything more than he's over here for the first game and took a trip to the training ground to possibly say hello to the new players. He'll no doubt be back over in China on business soon enough.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3382 on: August 07, 2017, 01:40:38 PM »
When I saw the team sheet on sat I thought "at least he is playing 2 up top with Gabby and Hogan"  queue him resorting to the 5 man midfield and Whelan sat back in front of the 4

To be fair for 40 mins we ran them ragged, should have scored at least 2 more then gifted them a chance (Whelan with the original cock up) on half time.
Then comes the rub
2nd half their Manager, who is new to the league but has managed successfully elsewhere, combats our threats and initiates some of his own and we fall deeper and deeper until we inevitably concede.
He then allows them further momentum by not changing it until 30 mins later. Surely he can hear the ironic cheers when Bacuna came off?

Any tactical change by the opposition and he cannot read it or combat it and last season was rife with the same mistakes. The amount of times we start ok or even well in some cases then slowly slip away to blind panic towards the end is testament to it

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3383 on: August 07, 2017, 01:46:26 PM »
Even if the management team do spot the need to make a change, it seems to require a ten minute discussion before anything happens

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3384 on: August 07, 2017, 01:50:57 PM »
Brucie has bought almost an entire team since arriving. on Saturday we were no better than we were when I attended my first match last season at VP - the draw with Forest. Why is there always a ton of shady shit surrounding us! He's got until the end of September. If we are outside the top six the Dr should throw him overboard. That will have given him a season's worth of games - sounds fair to me.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #3385 on: August 07, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »
Thread is totally pointless until 10 games.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3386 on: August 07, 2017, 02:03:11 PM »
Close the thread, launch the Should Bruce stay thread?

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #3387 on: August 07, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »

Yet you still enter it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3388 on: August 07, 2017, 02:05:56 PM »
If we get dicked 6-0 in each of our next 3 games i'd imagine this thread won't be pointless. If we win the next ten games 6-0 then it will be. For a while.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #3389 on: August 07, 2017, 02:16:48 PM »
Just been reading a HCFC forum and thought this was interesting, if not a little worrying!

"It was interesting listening to Brucey's remarks after the game. Saying Villa created a lot of chances, but like last season they didn't take them. The same problems we had when he was with us, making a lot of chances but not scoring enough goals. A similar pattern emerging with his style it appears."

"Really? I didn't think we created many chances under Bruce. That was our biggest problem. Everything was down the wings with Robbo or mainly Elmo, big punts into the box from anywhere within range. We rarely put the ball on a plate for our forwards, they always had a big job trying to finish the scraps we gave them."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal