collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2114980 times)

Offline VancouverLion

• GM : 24.01.2016
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3360 on: August 07, 2017, 12:34:49 AM »
One game in and the majority of posts are about sacking the manager, for fuck sake - how depressing.

What were you expecting to see in a thread with the title "Bruce Out"? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping by majestically?
Not at all, but I didn't expect one game in all the doom and gloom, slit your wrists, it's all shit cos' Bruce is our manager, either. It's the constant negativity, nit picking, hope we lose so we can sack him mentality that I find so tedious.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3361 on: August 07, 2017, 12:37:24 AM »
Depends how look at it, most of those that are unhappy are basing it on about 36 league games in charge, not just one.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #3362 on: August 07, 2017, 12:41:10 AM »
One game in and the majority of posts are about sacking the manager, for fuck sake - how depressing.

What were you expecting to see in a thread with the title "Bruce Out"? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping by majestically?
Not at all, but I didn't expect one game in all the doom and gloom, slit your wrists, it's all shit cos' Bruce is our manager, either. It's the constant negativity, nit picking, hope we lose so we can sack him mentality that I find so tedious.

Spot on VL.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #3363 on: August 07, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »

hope we lose so we can sack him mentality that I find so tedious.

That mentality doesn't exist. Give the dramatics a rest.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3364 on: August 07, 2017, 08:46:34 AM »
I have never met a Villa fan, and I have met thousands, who wants  the Villa to lose.  It is a cheap shot at anybody who voices criticism and should be a straight red from the Moderators.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #3365 on: August 07, 2017, 08:51:25 AM »
Massive week for Bruce, if we don't win well at Colchester and lose at Cardiff (which will be a tough game for us), I can see that the Dr may start to look for a replacement for Bruce

I saw a quote from the Dr saying that there is a team meeting today and he needs to find out what is wrong with the team!

Some may call for patience with Bruce I don't think that the Dr will take the same view.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #3366 on: August 07, 2017, 09:20:20 AM »
There is no way that the manager's position should be under risk at this stage in the season. The team has to bed in and given time. That doesn't mean that there shouldn't be pressure to achieve results. If Bruce's way does not achieve results early season he has to be directed to change or accept the inevitable.

We cannot do what we did last season in appointing a new manager and sail on hopefully believing that we can still achieve promotion. If it looks likely that we are not going to get promotion, we appoint a manager for the future and use the rest of the season to prepare for next. We have had too many goes at half putting it right.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #3367 on: August 07, 2017, 09:37:42 AM »

i can't speak for everyone, obviously, but I've never thought anybody on here wants us to lose matches so Bruce gets fired. There's probably a few who didn't want him and thats understandable to a degree, but it's different to wanting us to lose so he gets booted.

I like him and want him to succeed- I do think we'll go up this season, one way or another. We certainly won't be flirting with relegation. If we go up - great, if not, boot him and move on.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #3368 on: August 07, 2017, 10:05:51 AM »
I was quite happy when he was appointed, however I've been very underwhelmed by his tactics, game management and therefore results so far.

The squad looks very good for this level, fairly well-balanced and the only place I'd say we are an option light is upfront (given that McCormack is a busted flush/not featuring).

He should get around the same number of games Di Matteo got last season (10-12) to get us playing and get us up there, at that stage there will be no excuses.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3369 on: August 07, 2017, 10:21:27 AM »
I was quite happy when he was appointed, however I've been very underwhelmed by his tactics, game management and therefore results so far.

The squad looks very good for this level, fairly well-balanced and the only place I'd say we are an option light is upfront (given that McCormack is a busted flush/not featuring).

He should get around the same number of games Di Matteo got last season (10-12) to get us playing and get us up there, at that stage there will be no excuses.

I think he still hasn't addressed the lack of movement, pace and creativity in midfield, and we're light up front.  The defence should be the best in the division with the addition of Terry, and Whelan is a like-for-like replacement for Jedinak, but where's the flair?  That we're STILL playing Bacuna speaks volumes. 

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #3370 on: August 07, 2017, 10:31:55 AM »

I think he still hasn't addressed the lack of movement, pace and creativity in midfield, and we're light up front.  The defence should be the best in the division with the addition of Terry, and Whelan is a like-for-like replacement for Jedinak, but where's the flair?  That we're STILL playing Bacuna speaks volumes.

The pace should be coming from Green and Elmohamady, and the creativity from Hourihane and Onomah for me, Onomah has pace too.

Bruce really shouldn't be picking Bacuna ahead of any of the above options. We've been a bit unlucky with Grealish and he should have been another creative option. I do worry about the forward options looking limited, however I think where we differ is I have faith in Hogan to come good once he sticks one or two away.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3371 on: August 07, 2017, 10:50:18 AM »
I'm afraid I've seen nothing from Hogan to suggest that he's anything other than a lower league striker lucky enough to bag himself a big move on the back of a good half season. I hope he proves me wrong but can't see it. When Kodija is fit, there's surely no place for him in a Bruce team anyway, certainly not as it's currently set up.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #3372 on: August 07, 2017, 11:09:11 AM »
Bruce will soon have had 12 months in the job and has had zero impact

Last december he was saying we werent trying hard enough away from home and repeated it at least half a dozen times through til april

Bugger me he still hasnt settled on a formation and stuck with it. His biggest problem is he has too many options and doesnt know what to do - similar to when he was at sunderland

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #3373 on: August 07, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
36 league games and scored more than once only 10 times. Pretty pathetic really. The January transfers seem particularly ill thought out.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #3374 on: August 07, 2017, 11:56:55 AM »
[quote author=sid1964 link=topic=57112.msg3300150#msg3300150 date

I saw a quote from the Dr saying that there is a team meeting today and he needs to find out what is wrong with the team!

[/quote]

Oh dear - let's hope it's a mis quote - so Bloose.

If its not then bruce should insist on a meeting analysing Xia's businesses.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal