collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113631 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3345 on: August 06, 2017, 10:57:12 PM »
Is any season at any level determined by the the first game?

The Bruce out brigade are so short sited they almost hate the fact we didn't lose and actually should have been out of site by half time without our two main attacking players.

Ask Boro, Wednesday and Derby fans how they rate their season now.
Accusing Villa fans of wanting to lose is a bit Childish.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3346 on: August 06, 2017, 11:00:48 PM »
Aftermath of a game we should have wrapped up by half time? Bruce's fault?

Against a team just relegated from a much superior league?

A squad in massive transition in 12 months and two huge key injuries in the attacking department?

Sooner our support starts respecting this league and what we've become the less tedious our attempt to get back up will become.

First question, who else is responsible?

Against a team that is predicted by most to be midtable, but good job pretending they're better than that to back up your point.

A squad in transition 12 months ago - how is that relevant to yesterday and how does it not apply to recently relegated Hull with a new manager and half their team from last season having left?

The last line is just silly, thinking we should win after that first half isn't disrespecting the league, it's a requirement of promotion.  The sooner people realise that we need to win at least half our games and understand that yesterday was points dropped the quicker we can have proper discussions about how we're progressing towards the promotion that everyone knows we should be able to achieve this season.

Online TonyD

« Reply #3347 on: August 06, 2017, 11:02:19 PM »
Still yes.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #3348 on: August 06, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »
Fact is we are a championship team, and we have to deal with that.

People need to get with the program sooner rather than later.

In Bruce we trust.

I'm with you till the last point where I having a watching brief. I'd like some well thought play and plans as well as a way for Hogan to be shown as effective not inefficient  a striker who will get  service and support from the midfielders.
Bruce has got pedigree granted but has he got the necessary where with all to harness the team spirit and team play . That's what I'm finding hard to trust . Purely based on what have seen . He's had moments and by heavens villa were great first 25 minutes and most of first half . That's what we all want . I don't wish to see subs which mess up the team shape and provide nothing but despair in Samba coming on.
Bruce needs to walk the walk not talk the talk

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3349 on: August 06, 2017, 11:08:54 PM »
Pressure on Bruce will build on Wednesday if we lose to Colchester.  I am not suggesting he is dumped but he won't want a two game winless streak and with Cardiff and Reading to come.  I wonder if he might rethink his selection for the game? Leave the kids out and play a strong team? 

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3350 on: August 06, 2017, 11:16:47 PM »
Pressure on Bruce will build on Wednesday if we lose to Colchester.  I am not suggesting he is dumped but he won't want a two game winless streak and with Cardiff and Reading to come.  I wonder if he might rethink his selection for the game? Leave the kids out and play a strong team? 

From what I've seen in pre-season picking a few of the kids would help.

Online VancouverLion

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #3351 on: August 06, 2017, 11:26:53 PM »
One game in and the majority of posts are about sacking the manager, for fuck sake - how depressing.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3352 on: August 06, 2017, 11:30:08 PM »

I don't disagree Paul, but I wonder whether he might try to build a head of steam, no gambles and play safe. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3353 on: August 06, 2017, 11:32:59 PM »
One game in and the majority of posts are about sacking the manager, for fuck sake - how depressing.

What were you expecting to see in a thread with the title "Bruce Out"? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping by majestically?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3354 on: August 06, 2017, 11:33:42 PM »
Aftermath of a game we should have wrapped up by half time? Bruce's fault?

Against a team just relegated from a much superior league?

A squad in massive transition in 12 months and two huge key injuries in the attacking department?

Sooner our support starts respecting this league and what we've become the less tedious our attempt to get back up will become.

First question, who else is responsible?

Against a team that is predicted by most to be midtable, but good job pretending they're better than that to back up your point.

A squad in transition 12 months ago - how is that relevant to yesterday and how does it not apply to recently relegated Hull with a new manager and half their team from last season having left?

The last line is just silly, thinking we should win after that first half isn't disrespecting the league, it's a requirement of promotion.  The sooner people realise that we need to win at least half our games and understand that yesterday was points dropped the quicker we can have proper discussions about how we're progressing towards the promotion that everyone knows we should be able to achieve this season.

I honestly think they will be a better side than that on the evidence of yesterday.  They are going to be solid enough in defence and midfield, I thought the Polish kid on the right wing was lively and Hernandez and Campbell will be a decent partnership at Championship level.  They'll be a solid enough outfit this season I reckon. 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3355 on: August 06, 2017, 11:36:49 PM »

I don't disagree Paul, but I wonder whether he might try to build a head of steam, no gambles and play safe. 

I think we'll see a fairly strong team minus some of our over 30s.

Losing to Luton in the manner we did was a catastrophe and keep the fragility hanging over us particularly away from home for the whole season.

A nice comfortable win would be good to see although I'm sure we'll make very hard work of it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3356 on: August 06, 2017, 11:39:33 PM »
When was the last time we had a comfortable away win in a cup competition?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3357 on: August 06, 2017, 11:42:50 PM »
Just checked, 4-1 at Norwich in 2012. More recent than I thought.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3358 on: August 06, 2017, 11:44:42 PM »
When was the last time we had a comfortable away win in a cup competition?

Liverpool at Wembley!

In reality probably Norwich in the LC in 2012.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3359 on: August 07, 2017, 12:06:01 AM »
People made their mind up about Bruce and that's that.

He's not done a lot to change those minds.

For some, the minds were made up when he walked through the door.

Indeed. It's like they're sticking with his record and ignoring the weekly evidence under their nose.

Personally, I never expected it to be anything but ugly with Bruce. What disappoints me is until now, he wasn't joking when he said he "doesn't do tactics". We have to go up this season, with or without him. He needs urgently to rise to the challenge.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal