collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113814 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3330 on: August 06, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »
I don't even need to give an opinion either. When I think it's time for him to go, i'll say so. I can't be any more clearer than that to be honest.

and that's fine, but you seem to see the same problems with the team as me, which is why I asked.

Maybe I do, but it doesn't mean I think he should go yet.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #3331 on: August 06, 2017, 07:44:51 PM »
Fact is we are a championship team, and we have to deal with that.

People need to get with the program sooner rather than later.

In Bruce we trust.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3332 on: August 06, 2017, 07:49:27 PM »
I don't even need to give an opinion either. When I think it's time for him to go, i'll say so. I can't be any more clearer than that to be honest.

and that's fine, but you seem to see the same problems with the team as me, which is why I asked.

As I've said before as soon as we decided to keep him at the end of the season his job was safe until the end of september and I stick with that so I don't want him to go either but, as I've said he needs to show that he's doing something to address the problems not just saying after the game that he sees the problem and it's been there since he joined.

That's really my point, I get people wanting to support him, I've done the same with managers and players in the past when they've been getting pelters but in every case (except Garde who i think is the one manager we've had who can genuinely claim to have been treated like shit) I've eventually had enough, I'm just wondering when that point will come for some of you (unless he sorts things out of course), if you don't know or haven't even thought about it then that's a perfectly reasonable answer.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #3333 on: August 06, 2017, 07:51:33 PM »
And after a first game of a full pre season when we should have been out of sight is the time?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3334 on: August 06, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »

As I've said before as soon as we decided to keep him at the end of the season his job was safe until the end of september and I stick with that so I don't want him to go either but, as I've said he needs to show that he's doing something to address the problems not just saying after the game that he sees the problem and it's been there since he joined.

That's really my point, I get people wanting to support him, I've done the same with managers and players in the past when they've been getting pelters but in every case (except Garde who i think is the one manager we've had who can genuinely claim to have been treated like shit) I've eventually had enough, I'm just wondering when that point will come for some of you (unless he sorts things out of course), if you don't know or haven't even thought about it then that's a perfectly reasonable answer.

I can't speak for everyone but for me, like I said earlier, that point will come when it happens for me. I think that's a perfectly reasonable answer.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3335 on: August 06, 2017, 07:58:55 PM »
In Bruce we trust.
Only Smethwick fans would say that phrase🤔

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #3336 on: August 06, 2017, 08:04:59 PM »
In Bruce we trust.

Chortle....what are you insinuating....?

Online paul_e

« Reply #3337 on: August 06, 2017, 08:13:58 PM »
I can't speak for everyone but for me, like I said earlier, that point will come when it happens for me. I think that's a perfectly reasonable answer.

I agreed I just phrased it as you don't know, which is the same thing really and I don't mean it to come across as anything negative.

In Bruce we trust.

Get with what program?  That we shouldn't expect to win home games where we were comfortably on top because that's not something championship teams do?

For me there were 2 things Bruce needed to address for me to think we could get promotion:
1 We need to put games to bed when we're on top.
2 We need to work out how to take the initiative back when the opposition is on top, and do it before their pressure leads to goal(s).

Yesterday we failed on both. For me he has until the October break to work it out but if we're making the same mistakes by then we need to rethink things because muddling along for much after that can't be an option.  If he figures it out we'll be in or around the play offs and he'll deserve to be backed so long as he can keep us there, if not we'll be starting to slip away and that has to be addressed as decisively as it was last year.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3338 on: August 06, 2017, 08:18:14 PM »
I didn't ask you for meaningful analysis, you assumed I was talking about you when I wasnt.

I agree with your assessment and said much the same myself. Save the mast paragraph.

I never said you asked me, but I did answer you.

Yes it was  little long but meaningful analysis in bullet point form doesn't work for me.

You should run it through me first, I'll bang it for you in two sentences. It's all I'm good at.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #3339 on: August 06, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »
In Bruce we trust.

Really, alluding to that? Please refer to mods previous comments regarding this.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #3340 on: August 06, 2017, 08:30:39 PM »

I agreed I just phrased it as you don't know, which is the same thing really and I don't mean it to come across as anything negative.

In Bruce we trust.

Get with what program?  That we shouldn't expect to win home games where we were comfortably on top because that's not something championship teams do?

For me there were 2 things Bruce needed to address for me to think we could get promotion:
2 We need to work out how to take the initiative back when the opposition is on top, and do it before their pressure leads to goal(s).

Yesterday we failed on both. For me he has until the October break to work it out but if we're making the same mistakes by then we need to rethink things because muddling along for much after that can't be an option.  If he figures it out we'll be in or around the play offs and he'll deserve to be backed so long as he can keep us there, if not we'll be starting to slip away and that has to be addressed as decisively as it was last year.

So let's have this conversation in October, not after one game which should have been done by 40mins.

Online paul_e

« Reply #3341 on: August 06, 2017, 10:17:40 PM »

In Bruce we trust.

So let's have this conversation in October, not after one game which should have been done by 40mins.

The conversation about sacking him or not, sure.  The one about things he's done wrong in the match that we've just watched? I think that comes in the aftermath of the game regardless of what anyone says now.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #3342 on: August 06, 2017, 10:41:18 PM »
Aftermath of a game we should have wrapped up by half time? Bruce's fault?

Against a team just relegated from a much superior league?

A squad in massive transition in 12 months and two huge key injuries in the attacking department?

Sooner our support starts respecting this league and what we've become the less tedious our attempt to get back up will become.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3343 on: August 06, 2017, 10:50:12 PM »
Aftermath of a game we should have wrapped up by half time? Bruce's fault?

Against a team just relegated from a much superior league?

A squad in massive transition in 12 months and two huge key injuries in the attacking department?

Sooner our support starts respecting this league and what we've become the less tedious our attempt to get back up will become.
Do you think that Bruce had at his disposal the resources to beat Hull at home?
Was the team in a position to beat a Hull at home?

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #3344 on: August 06, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »
Is any season at any level determined by the the first game?

The Bruce out brigade are so short sited they almost hate the fact we didn't lose and actually should have been out of site by half time without our two main attacking players.

Ask Boro, Wednesday and Derby fans how they rate their season now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal