collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113697 times)

Offline QuintonVilla

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3210 on: August 05, 2017, 08:54:55 PM »
He'll be gone in a couple of months. That style of football won't cut it I'm afraid, it wouldn't be as bad if he actually saw out 1-0 wins but we sit back and concede and then do nothing about it. You can try and bore your way to victories at Small Heath and Hull but not here. Going 1-0 up at home against Hull and then trying to see out the lead would have been acceptable at The Sty and they would have seen a 1-1 as a decent result. This is a whole new ball game Steve. Rightly or wrongly we still think we're a big club and we don't accept that shite.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3211 on: August 05, 2017, 09:04:50 PM »
I don't buy this we are a big club rubbish.  We are a club with potential to be big again.  We are where we are because we deserve to be and because we've had it beaten into us that we are doing well to get 1-1 draws at home. 

My problem with this manager is that he starts the first game of the season with a midfielder he didn't bring in and isn't good enough and leaves two of his own signings on the bench and then sets us up not to lose a 1-0 lead especially in the 2nd half. 

Forget we are Aston Villa that simply won't cut it anymore.  Instead why don't we just go out and use the talent we have at our disposal to some sort of effect.  We may then stand q chance.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #3212 on: August 05, 2017, 09:10:01 PM »
Bringing a defender on to play up front during the first game of the season is a special kind of madness.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #3213 on: August 05, 2017, 09:25:20 PM »
Can't see much difference between Stevosaurus and TSM to be honest. 

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #3214 on: August 05, 2017, 09:38:54 PM »
He may as well go out tomorrow and bring in Andy Carroll/Peter crouch

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #3215 on: August 05, 2017, 09:57:30 PM »
I like bruce as a bloke and we should have won but bugger me

Pick an odd formation - check
Start the game well and not build on it - check
Go to pieces after half time - check
Certain players dont look fit - check
Poor in game management - check

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3216 on: August 05, 2017, 10:03:30 PM »
“With all the stuff that’s linked to Jordan Amavi, I’ve had to make a decision,” he said.

“I’ve had to leave one or two, three or four or five out.

“We’ve got too many so unfortunately he had to be left out but I just thought I probably need attacking players rather than defenders.

“I’ve got James Bree on the bench and he got the nod over Jordan.”

Tommy Elphick, Gary Gardner and Ross McCormack were also absent from the matchday 18 and Bruce admitted up to four players could leave before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3217 on: August 05, 2017, 10:06:13 PM »
There are countless examples of managers who've been replaced once the season has started and the replacement has improved things massively without having to sign 'his own players' or needing a pre-season. He ought to fuck off.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3218 on: August 05, 2017, 10:09:19 PM »
“With all the stuff that’s linked to Jordan Amavi, I’ve had to make a decision,” he said.

“I’ve had to leave one or two, three or four or five out.

“We’ve got too many so unfortunately he had to be left out but I just thought I probably need attacking players rather than defenders.

“I’ve got James Bree on the bench and he got the nod over Jordan.”

Tommy Elphick, Gary Gardner and Ross McCormack were also absent from the matchday 18 and Bruce admitted up to four players could leave before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

I bet at some point he uses his favourite "a little bit" phrase.  As in, "we need a little bit of extra quality up front" or "they had a little bit more than us second half".

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #3219 on: August 05, 2017, 10:10:31 PM »
I think one of bruces biggest problems is he has too many options so he keeps throwing shit on the blanket and hoping some of it will stick

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3220 on: August 05, 2017, 10:12:57 PM »
he's not going to get sacked after one match

Which is a shame.

it's a shame he was appointed in the first place but I think we've got to put up with him a bit more yet unfortunately

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #3221 on: August 05, 2017, 10:17:50 PM »
Bruce's biggest problem is he's here, and he has no idea how to manage a decent sized club. Everywhere he's been has been average, average, average. Game over, fuck off, get someone forward thinking in. Come onTony, you know, we know - sack him.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3222 on: August 05, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »
Your wish is his command.

It’s been an achilles heel since I’ve been here. We’ve done a lot like that.

We’ve created enough chances, especially in the first half.

We had two one-on-ones before we scored and we scored after eight minutes.

We didn’t have the same intensity in the second half.

But if we’ve got to go forward and improve, our achilles heel is not taking opportunities that come our way and in the end we have been punished.

That little bit of quality came from the boy Kamil Grosicki who put a great cross in and with their main chance of the game they stuck it away. 

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #3223 on: August 05, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »
What's annoying is this philosophy that you need to grind out wins and win games 1-0 to get promoted. It's bollocks. Other teams have shown you can play attractive football and score bagfuls of goals to go up, but we've got no hope of that under Bruceosaurus. If we did go up it would be by scoring about 60 goals and boring everyone to tears, then we'd try and play for a 0-0 every game in the Premier League.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #3224 on: August 05, 2017, 10:21:18 PM »
Bruce's biggest problem is he's here, and he has no idea how to manage a decent sized club. Everywhere he's been has been average, average, average. Game over, fuck off, get someone forward thinking in. Come onTony, you know, we know - sack him.

Genuine question: do you actually want him sacked now. If we sacked our manager after one game of the season would you think "yep, I'm now more confident of promotion this season"?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal