collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113422 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3180 on: August 05, 2017, 07:33:06 AM »
I think we can safely say that we all need the action to start

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3181 on: August 05, 2017, 07:45:13 AM »
Those of us who care about the Villa must tell it now we see it.  We must be honest and fair to the owner,the manager and the players but that does not exclude identifying where mistakes are being made.  As Bruce has said himself we are a very long way from where we should be.  A substantial part of our decline in retrospect has been caused by the fans, myself included, not doing more to oppose the worse disasters of the darkest days of the post MON period.  I shall get behind the team 100% this season as I have for the previous years but that does not mean that I forfeit the right to an opinion.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3182 on: August 05, 2017, 08:19:02 AM »
I think it's stretching it a bit to say a 'substantial' part of the post M'ON decline is down to fans not opposing the worst disasters. Yes there could have been boycotting of games etc, but I wonder whether ultimately that would have changed that much.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3183 on: August 05, 2017, 08:20:22 AM »
Those of us who care about the Villa must tell it now we see it.  We must be honest and fair to the owner,the manager and the players but that does not exclude identifying where mistakes are being made.  As Bruce has said himself we are a very long way from where we should be.  A substantial part of our decline in retrospect has been caused by the fans, myself included, not doing more to oppose the worse disasters of the darkest days of the post MON period.  I shall get behind the team 100% this season as I have for the previous years but that does not mean that I forfeit the right to an opinion.

Very true Brian, I think none of us were willing to believe after all the good things Lerner had done he would so willingly turn his back. It took me until well into Lambert's tenure to really see the true depth of the damage.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3184 on: August 05, 2017, 08:26:27 AM »
I think it's stretching it a bit to say a 'substantial' part of the post M'ON decline is down to fans not opposing the worst disasters. Yes there could have been boycotting of games etc, but I wonder whether ultimately that would have changed that much.

I don't think it would have changed much. We didn't like McLeish but Lerner got shot of him relatively quickly. Most seemed happy with Lambert's appointment. By the time we were angry enough to talk about boycotting games and protesting against the owner A. He wasn't around (he had started his own personal boycott) and B. He didn't give a toss.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3185 on: August 05, 2017, 08:32:30 AM »
Same here AV8.  There were many of us who sleep walked into the Lerner void.  I have always believed that in life you get what you are prepared to put up with.  Season ticket you paid for in May not yet arrived on the 5th August?  That's okay it's the Villa.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #3186 on: August 05, 2017, 12:45:45 PM »
Those saying our decline dates back to the MON days please explain why you think this?  Is it because of the way we over spent?  Even so, its clear that if we appointed better managers post-MON and had a steady board and direction that we would still be in the top flight now.  The jury is still very much out on our current owner. 

Offline ez

« Reply #3187 on: August 05, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »
We need a good performance. If we don't win i want to know we were the better side. Being second best in games is the thing that's got to stop.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #3188 on: August 05, 2017, 03:00:44 PM »
Those saying our decline dates back to the MON days please explain why you think this?  Is it because of the way we over spent?  Even so, its clear that if we appointed better managers post-MON and had a steady board and direction that we would still be in the top flight now.  The jury is still very much out on our current owner. 

Oh god please no

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #3189 on: August 05, 2017, 03:09:28 PM »
We need a good performance. If we don't win i want to know we were the better side. Being second best in games is the thing that's got to stop.

We need a win. Not overly fussed how we perform today personally

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #3190 on: August 05, 2017, 03:45:02 PM »

Oh god please no

The jury isn't out on our current owner?....

Don't worry I'm used to how bonkers the internet is so I will let it rest for now, haha...

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3191 on: August 05, 2017, 04:03:37 PM »

it's probably just as well

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3192 on: August 05, 2017, 04:05:17 PM »

it's probably just as well

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3193 on: August 05, 2017, 07:23:26 PM »
Going to get a much harder time from me this season.

We are not going up if that's the best we can come up with. We should be acting like the dominant team at this level, good half hour isn't good enough if we're going to sit back for the next 50 minutes.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3194 on: August 05, 2017, 07:27:23 PM »
Way too slow changing things. Needs to be proactive and not reactive. Far too often we only change things after conceding, and it seeming obvious that the goal was coming.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal