collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113502 times)

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #3165 on: August 04, 2017, 05:37:17 PM »
Sounds like getting in excuses early to me too. He only talked about transfers. What about wages? He has loaded the club up again with relatively high earners without getting rid of fringe players on higher wages. A player on £30k a week over 3 seasons is almost the same as spending £5m on a player.

We have to reduce the average wage across the playing staff.

Apart from Terry and possibly Samba, who has he loaded up the club with on high wages?

Lansbury 40k
Hourihane 28k

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3166 on: August 04, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »
Average Division 2 wage is 6-7K a week, I doubt any of our new permanent signings are anywhere near as 'low' as that. I can't see Whelan taking much a cut from the 25-30K a week Stoke were paying him for example.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3167 on: August 04, 2017, 05:44:03 PM »
They're obviously all on decent money. I'd guess other than one or two exceptions,  the average is £30k but i may be wrong.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3168 on: August 04, 2017, 05:53:49 PM »
Average is £30K in the top flight. Average annual wage in division 2 just over a year ago was about £325k a year. I doubt it's gone up much since then.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 05:55:21 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3169 on: August 04, 2017, 07:11:57 PM »
I think we have a good squad of players and there really is no excuse for Steve Bruce this season.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #3170 on: August 04, 2017, 07:28:18 PM »
They're obviously all on decent money. I'd guess other than one or two exceptions,  the average is £30k but i may be wrong.

Gabby
Terry
Jedinak
Richards
Mccormack
Lansbury

Theres 6 who will be on 40k plus

Offline Clampy

« Reply #3171 on: August 04, 2017, 07:42:24 PM »

Gabby
Terry
Jedinak
Richards
Mccormack
Lansbury

Theres 6 who will be on 40k plus

4 of which Bruce didn't sign, which is the point i was originally making about him not loading the squad with high paid players.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #3172 on: August 04, 2017, 09:08:20 PM »
Gotta get behind him really. As we know negativity from the crowd affects performance on the pitch. This really isn't the season for booing at half time.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #3173 on: August 04, 2017, 09:54:34 PM »
Sounds like getting in excuses early to me too. He only talked about transfers. What about wages? He has loaded the club up again with relatively high earners without getting rid of fringe players on higher wages. A player on £30k a week over 3 seasons is almost the same as spending £5m on a player.

How does our wage bill compare to Spurs' these days? ;)

Getting far less value out of it. Why do you ask?

« Reply #3174 on: August 04, 2017, 10:00:26 PM »

Apart from Terry and possibly Samba, who has he loaded up the club with on high wages?

I would say that all of the players combined have pushed up the average wage bill, rather than reduce it to the level we need it to be. He possibly has an agreement that he spends the money on wages rather than transfer fees but then says we do not have money to spend.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #3175 on: August 04, 2017, 10:02:52 PM »

I would say that all of the players combined have pushed up the average wage bill, rather than reduce it to the level we need it to be. He possibly has an agreement that he spends the money on wages rather than transfer fees but then says we do not have money to spend.

What about all the players that RDM and Sherwood signed? Don't they count as well?

« Reply #3176 on: August 04, 2017, 10:07:32 PM »

What about all the players that RDM and Sherwood signed? Don't they count as well?

Of course they do but Bruce is currently in the hot seat with the job to get better value out of the squad. We have to live with our means.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #3177 on: August 04, 2017, 10:14:25 PM »

Of course they do but Bruce is currently in the hot seat with the job to get better value out of the squad. We have to live with our means.

So it's Bruce's fault we have to bide by the FFP rules?

« Reply #3178 on: August 04, 2017, 10:19:58 PM »

So it's Bruce's fault we have to bide by the FFP rules?

What is your problem?

No it's not but he along with the Owner and Board have to come up with a solution that ensures we comply with them.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #3179 on: August 04, 2017, 10:30:42 PM »
Of course they do but it wasn't me who accused him of 'getting his excuses in early'. It's the start of a long season tomorrow, let's get behind him and the team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal