collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113520 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2970 on: July 19, 2017, 11:30:55 PM »
You've got me Paul, you clever sausage you.

I know nobody every lightens up when somebody says lighten up, but fuckadoodledo, lighten up.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2971 on: July 20, 2017, 07:04:38 AM »

I know nobody every lightens up when somebody says lighten up, but fuckadoodledo, lighten up.

I hope he's got himself a good night's sleep after yet another day of Bruce bashing. He was pretty prolific yesterday, even by his standards.

Offline Si

« Reply #2972 on: July 20, 2017, 07:08:19 AM »
Dean Saunders on Talk sport this morning. He'd watched a Notts Forest friendly, noticed from last year that Mark Warburton  had them chasing the ball down quickly when they didn't have possession, played a passing game when they did. Results pre season don't matter, but think most of us fans would be happy if that was an observation Deano  made about us.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #2973 on: July 20, 2017, 07:15:25 AM »
Asking questions is petty? Are you serious?

no adding a sex joke for bants is though.  Aside from that people have listed the problems over and over again for months, you've even mentioned one of them (the midfield being 10-15 yards too deep) on another thread a few hours ago.  That's why you got called obtuse, there really is little point discussing anything with you when your current debating tactics seem to be veiled insults and feigned ignorance of anything that doesn't fit your argument.

Care to answer why calling for RDM to be sacked after 8 games wasn't impatient but expecting Bruce to have done something about our midfield after 9months and 3 new signings is?

Yes, I like jokes, you should try one at some point. Sorry if I've hit a nerve. Look, don't worry about It, it's common amongst men your age. It's not like the female orgasm is a real thing anyway.

Lighten up Paul. Don't go all ironic on me by criticising my posting style when you're so joyless and confrontational in your own.

RDM was an aloof buffoon with nothing in his locker to fall back on in recent times bar his Chelsea days and it's becoming increasingly clear that we've signed the architect of the European Cup success.

Bruce knows how to get us out of this league and I believe he Will, this coming season. I'm not sure what you're blabbering on about with your obtuse and reflex angles, but I will criticise where I see fit, if that's ok with you.

You think RDM was an aloof buffoon, I think Bruce is a clueless dinosaur, you wanted RDM out I want Bruce out, if you'd just accept that things would be much simpler.

I think you may need to practice what you preach Paul. You do tend to jump on any support for Bruce (and have done since he's been here) instead of just accepting that people have differing views. Here. i'll try it. I want Bruce to be given a crack at it, you want him out. Are you able to accept that? It would make things much simpler.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2974 on: July 20, 2017, 07:15:32 AM »

I hope he's got himself a good night's sleep after yet another day of Bruce bashing. He was pretty prolific yesterday, even by his standards.

Yet he's one of the few people that argue his points in a dignified and reasoned manner. Can't come up with valid counter arguments? Post shit like this instead. Oh dear.

Offline peter w

« Reply #2975 on: July 20, 2017, 07:16:33 AM »

Yet he's one of the few people that argue his points in a dignified and reasoned manner. Can't come up with valid counter arguments? Post shit like this instead. Oh dear.

Really? Not in the slightest.

Useless fecker - that was a reply to Si. (Apologies for quotathon when I'm not trying to hijack this discussion)

if Deano said something positive we'd just find something else to moan about. Its July, mid July, and we've got players to come back in and while it was disappointing to see no chances created at Shrewsbury, a poor 2 nd half at Wlasall. it still is pointless going on and on and on about Bruce whilst we're in pre-season. Even people calling for him to be sacked. If Deano - or anyone - had said, Villa needed to be able to play the ball out from the back and get a defensive midfielder in who could use the ball and therefore free up Lansbury and Hourihane from sitting deep, and Bruce has gone and done that - we'd moan at something else.

I'm with (I think) Matt Collins here and I think Ads - its July, its cricket season - let's wait to see how we go when the season starts. Not when we're just in training.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:22:13 AM by peter w »

Offline Clampy

« Reply #2976 on: July 20, 2017, 07:25:20 AM »

Really? Not in the slightest.

Useless fecker - that was a reply to Si. (Apologies for quotathon when I'm not trying to hijack this discussion)

if Deano said something positive we'd just find something else to moan about. Its July, mid July, and we've got players to come back in and while it was disappointing to see no chances created at Shrewsbury, a poor 2 nd half at Wlasall. it still is pointless going on and on and on about Bruce whilst we're in pre-season. Even people calling for him to be sacked. If Deano - or anyone - had said, Villa needed to be able to play the ball out from the back and get a defensive midfielder in who could use the ball and therefore free up Lansbury and Hourihane from sitting deep, and Bruce has gone and done that - we'd moan at something else.

I'm with (I think) Matt Collins here and I think Ads - its July, its cricket season - let's wait to see how we go when the season starts. Not when we're just in training.

Couldn't agree more.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #2977 on: July 20, 2017, 07:29:49 AM »

I don't come up with counter arguments about Bruce too much now because I've pretty much said what I think. I wanted him to have a pre-season, bring in his own players and I want him to have a crack at getting us up. I don't think that's a controversial opinion to have.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2978 on: July 20, 2017, 07:34:39 AM »
So when does this free hit that Bruce seems to have inherited actually end? First it was that he'd inherited RDM's mess (even though RDM inherited a bigger mess), then it was that we couldn't expect to see any progress during the actual season and it was about putting foundations in place, then it was that we'd see the benefits after a pre-season, now its that pre-season is irrelevant. What next?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2979 on: July 20, 2017, 07:35:27 AM »

Great thanks.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2980 on: July 20, 2017, 07:38:38 AM »

I don't come up with counter arguments about Bruce too much now because I've pretty much said what I think. I wanted him to have a pre-season, bring in his own players and I want him to have a crack at getting us up. I don't think that's a controversial opinion to have.

Yet your post was nothing about Bruce. it was just being unnecessarily unpleasant about someone you disagree with.

So kindly knock it on the head.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #2981 on: July 20, 2017, 07:39:29 AM »

How long in your opinion should it take to get organised and have a crack at it.  At what point would you consider the manager has failed and we need to reconsider how we go forward.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2982 on: July 20, 2017, 07:45:41 AM »
Keep it up Paul.   Bruce needs to be held to account.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #2983 on: July 20, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »

Yet your post was nothing about Bruce. it was just being unnecessarily unpleasant about someone you disagree with.

So kindly knock it on the head.

Point taken, and apologies.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2984 on: July 20, 2017, 07:47:33 AM »
Asking questions is petty? Are you serious?

no adding a sex joke for bants is though.  Aside from that people have listed the problems over and over again for months, you've even mentioned one of them (the midfield being 10-15 yards too deep) on another thread a few hours ago.  That's why you got called obtuse, there really is little point discussing anything with you when your current debating tactics seem to be veiled insults and feigned ignorance of anything that doesn't fit your argument.

Care to answer why calling for RDM to be sacked after 8 games wasn't impatient but expecting Bruce to have done something about our midfield after 9months and 3 new signings is?

Yes, I like jokes, you should try one at some point. Sorry if I've hit a nerve. Look, don't worry about It, it's common amongst men your age. It's not like the female orgasm is a real thing anyway.

Lighten up Paul. Don't go all ironic on me by criticising my posting style when you're so joyless and confrontational in your own.

RDM was an aloof buffoon with nothing in his locker to fall back on in recent times bar his Chelsea days and it's becoming increasingly clear that we've signed the architect of the European Cup success.

Bruce knows how to get us out of this league and I believe he Will, this coming season. I'm not sure what you're blabbering on about with your obtuse and reflex angles, but I will criticise where I see fit, if that's ok with you.

You think RDM was an aloof buffoon, I think Bruce is a clueless dinosaur, you wanted RDM out I want Bruce out, if you'd just accept that things would be much simpler.

I think you may need to practice what you preach Paul. You do tend to jump on any support for Bruce (and have done since he's been here) instead of just accepting that people have differing views. Here. i'll try it. I want Bruce to be given a crack at it, you want him out. Are you able to accept that? It would make things much simpler.

I don't jump on anything, I disagree with things that people write and say as much.  I'm more than happy for people to support Bruce but I just don't like their justification being "4 promotions" as if his place here means it's just a matter of time until we go up under him.  As I've said his record got him the job but it can't be the main reason to keep him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal