collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113990 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2955 on: July 19, 2017, 08:16:21 PM »
He had us on a couple of decent runs and a couple of godawful ones too. Most pundits and bookies seem to think we're going to do well, for once. I know it ain't pretty but this is just pre-season, trying a few things out.

Thats just it though, he hasn't really tried anything out has he?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2956 on: July 19, 2017, 08:19:39 PM »
Asking questions is petty? Are you serious?

no adding a sex joke for bants is though.  Aside from that people have listed the problems over and over again for months, you've even mentioned one of them (the midfield being 10-15 yards too deep) on another thread a few hours ago.  That's why you got called obtuse, there really is little point discussing anything with you when your current debating tactics seem to be veiled insults and feigned ignorance of anything that doesn't fit your argument.

Care to answer why calling for RDM to be sacked after 8 games wasn't impatient but expecting Bruce to have done something about our midfield after 9months and 3 new signings is?

Offline paul_e

« Reply #2957 on: July 19, 2017, 08:24:27 PM »
He had us on a couple of decent runs and a couple of godawful ones too. Most pundits and bookies seem to think we're going to do well, for once. I know it ain't pretty but this is just pre-season, trying a few things out.

He has, he tried Hutton as a fucking centre back.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2958 on: July 19, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »

What game was that?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2959 on: July 19, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
Shrewsbury. Hutton and Richards (captain) became our CB pairing

Offline paul_e

« Reply #2960 on: July 19, 2017, 08:26:32 PM »

What game was that?

Last 25mins against Shrewsbury.  It was frightening.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2961 on: July 19, 2017, 08:29:13 PM »

I'd tried to erase that from my memory!

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #2962 on: July 19, 2017, 08:30:04 PM »
Still, it was better than playing him and Heskey as wide midfielders!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2963 on: July 19, 2017, 08:33:04 PM »
If he ever plays Samba up front like Arry you will know it is truly the end of times.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #2964 on: July 19, 2017, 08:37:12 PM »
If he ever plays Samba up front like Arry you will know it is truly the end of times.

If you're playing Hogan I honestly think that would be more effective than Gabby or RM.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #2965 on: July 19, 2017, 08:37:43 PM »
We used to it with Ugo for the last 5 mins or so in a few games we were losing. Samba up front or Gabby as we bombard the opposition box, I know who i'd prefer.

Although that would involve actually bombarding the opposition box so is a non starter really.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #2966 on: July 19, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »
He can't be an idiot so I wonder if he is setting up his exit strategy with a handsome payoff for being shit.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2967 on: July 19, 2017, 10:50:42 PM »

no adding a sex joke for bants is though.  Aside from that people have listed the problems over and over again for months, you've even mentioned one of them (the midfield being 10-15 yards too deep) on another thread a few hours ago.  That's why you got called obtuse, there really is little point discussing anything with you when your current debating tactics seem to be veiled insults and feigned ignorance of anything that doesn't fit your argument.

Care to answer why calling for RDM to be sacked after 8 games wasn't impatient but expecting Bruce to have done something about our midfield after 9months and 3 new signings is?

Yes, I like jokes, you should try one at some point. Sorry if I've hit a nerve. Look, don't worry about It, it's common amongst men your age. It's not like the female orgasm is a real thing anyway.

Lighten up Paul. Don't go all ironic on me by criticising my posting style when you're so joyless and confrontational in your own.

RDM was an aloof buffoon with nothing in his locker to fall back on in recent times bar his Chelsea days and it's becoming increasingly clear that we've signed the architect of the European Cup success.

Bruce knows how to get us out of this league and I believe he Will, this coming season. I'm not sure what you're blabbering on about with your obtuse and reflex angles, but I will criticise where I see fit, if that's ok with you.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #2968 on: July 19, 2017, 11:15:29 PM »

Yes, I like jokes, you should try one at some point. Sorry if I've hit a nerve. Look, don't worry about It, it's common amongst men your age. It's not like the female orgasm is a real thing anyway.

Lighten up Paul. Don't go all ironic on me by criticising my posting style when you're so joyless and confrontational in your own.

RDM was an aloof buffoon with nothing in his locker to fall back on in recent times bar his Chelsea days and it's becoming increasingly clear that we've signed the architect of the European Cup success.

Bruce knows how to get us out of this league and I believe he Will, this coming season. I'm not sure what you're blabbering on about with your obtuse and reflex angles, but I will criticise where I see fit, if that's ok with you.

You do like jokes, your support of Bruce shows that.  You didn't hit a nerve though, as I said it was just like you so it wasn't a surprise.  It's telling that you don't believe in female orgasms though, your admiration for f hard work and little technique clearly isn't limited to football.

You think RDM was an aloof buffoon, I think Bruce is a clueless dinosaur, you wanted RDM out I want Bruce out, if you'd just accept that things would be much simpler.  The bit that really bothers me though is that at various points you've made comments about what's wrong with the team, you just refuse to accept that Bruce is the person who should be trying to fix it and just call for people to give him more time.

It's not really a shock that you don't know what obtuse means though, that's actually the most ironic thing about this thread, another word you don't understand.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2969 on: July 19, 2017, 11:23:01 PM »
For fucks sakes lads, I hate it when two posters I like start going at each other.

Will someone think of the children?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal