collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113539 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2850 on: May 23, 2017, 11:42:03 AM »
I've read many pages here of people squawking to themselves in hysteria about something that is not going to change, regardless of how much they go on about it, but it's the certainty that it's going to be a disaster that makes me laugh more than anything.

Sweet Jesus in terms of worry there's enough to be getting on with right now.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2851 on: May 23, 2017, 11:54:24 AM »
I can't buy into 'we are fucked' - seems a little OTT to me.

Obviously the 3 or 4 we bring in have to be the right players but that applies to every single team in the division including the loser of the play off final.

At the start of this season I expected Diame, Mitrovic, Naismith, McCormack & Grealish to tear this league a new one...not one of them was a patch on Aaron Mooy, Ryan Woods, Lasse Vibbe,  who I had never heard of or Knockaert, Glenn Murray, Lewis Dunk, Chris Wood...even Barry Bannan who previously looked ok players & no more.

Pre season will see a lot less players having to be integrated, the first real opportunity for Bruce's team to have a proper few weeks block training the squad without games (let's not forget that Calderwood was assistant last summer at the club that finished 2nd!) & also get them fitter!

There is no magic formula & no one we could parachute in to guarantee promotion, the club are clearly sticking with Bruce so we have to trust that the work Round has been doing to revamp the scouting network will see us being the club that unearths the gems.

Pressure is on from day one but that is his own fault, to waste that last 10 games with no pressure on was poor but he is going nowhere
We've gambled our future, spend the a fortune and are sticking with a manager who has shown is no evidence that he is able to manage this team. In fact he has appeared to make players worse, players who have cost a lot of money who we'll now get nothing for.  Sounds familiar.
Perfectly valid opinion but I think Bruce was in fire fight mode when he arrived, probably signed too many players in Jan & hasn't had the 4/5 week block for his staff to work with the players not focused on a game in a few days.  As for making players worse, Hourihane / Bree & Hogan have all stepped up from small clubs to one with huge expectations, this may explain a little that they have been underwhelming thus far.

Online Gareth

« Reply #2852 on: May 23, 2017, 11:56:52 AM »
I think we are fcuked.  Let's just hope Sunderland appoint McLaren.
I think we are fucked too.
If the arguement is that we are not fucked becuause the coaching and team work in pre season will turn us into a championship winning team.

We are fucked.

Equally the pre season work may very well turn us into a promotion winning team.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2853 on: May 23, 2017, 01:02:04 PM »
If the arguement is that we are not fucked becuause the coaching and team work in pre season will turn us into a championship winning team.

We are fucked.

Equally the pre season work may very well turn us into a promotion winning team.

Pre-season is primarily about fitness.  I'd suggest that more actual coaching should happen when the season is in progress as the matches can provide feedback on whether the coaching and tactics are actually working. 

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #2854 on: May 23, 2017, 01:05:50 PM »

That's the spirit.

Online Gareth

« Reply #2855 on: May 23, 2017, 02:17:07 PM »

We are fucked.

Pre-season is primarily about fitness.  I'd suggest that more actual coaching should happen when the season is in progress as the matches can provide feedback on whether the coaching and tactics are actually working.

I'd say it's both, better fitness will surely improve us and time to work on formations, set pieces etc without the pressure of a game in 2/3 days can't hurt either.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2856 on: May 23, 2017, 02:21:08 PM »
Why? At least two teams are promoted from Championship this season who have had no parachute  payments this season.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2857 on: May 23, 2017, 05:10:30 PM »
Why? At least two teams are promoted from Championship this season who have had no parachute  payments this season.

True.  We are not fcuked.  Or maybe we are who knows.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #2858 on: May 23, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »
In the prem we got 65 odd million a year and posted massive losses. The season after next we will be at least 50 million worse off, more when you take into account reduced sponsorship and commercial revenue

I know we are cutting our cloth accordingly but it is a massive chunk of money so for me it is off the pitch where we could be fucked

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #2859 on: May 23, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »
This is fun. How many ways are we fucked.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2860 on: May 23, 2017, 08:07:20 PM »
In as many different ways as Ginger Lynn in her prime.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #2861 on: May 23, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »
In as many different ways as Ginger Lynn in her prime.

Blimey, that's a lot.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2862 on: May 23, 2017, 09:45:22 PM »
Defoe reported to be signing for Bournemouth on a free. He'll apparently only earn £20m over 3 years there including signing on bonus.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:04:35 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2863 on: May 23, 2017, 09:51:17 PM »
Those south coast clubs do like flirting with bankruptcy.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2864 on: May 23, 2017, 10:03:16 PM »
Defoe reported to be signing for Bournemouth on a free. He'll apparently only earn £20m over 3 years there including signing on bonus.

Anyone who can sing for 3 years deserves every penny
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:04:47 PM by PeterWithesShin »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal