collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113548 times)

Offline four fornicholl

Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2760 on: May 21, 2017, 06:01:22 PM »
Bruce ain't going to set the "Villa Way" - that's down to Round and Wyness.
We need someone to establish a team that is good for promotion and also provides a foundation for the first season back in the Prem. Is that really SB? - not convinced.
Ranieri? He's looking for a challenge?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2761 on: May 21, 2017, 06:34:28 PM »
no.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2762 on: May 21, 2017, 08:02:52 PM »
Bruce ain't going to set the "Villa Way" - that's down to Round and Wyness.
We need someone to establish a team that is good for promotion and also provides a foundation for the first season back in the Prem. Is that really SB? - not convinced.
Definitely not SB which kinda throws the stability argument out of the window

Stability is very important if the alternative is hiring yet another poor/mediocre manager.
I agree with Mister E though, I would hope/expect that a club of our size and relative wealth that spends two seasons in the Championship should return to the PL completely reborn and prepared. I don't see that with Bruce, just more the same of what we've suffered these last 6 or 7 years. He may manage to scrape promotion next season but I doubt many will really be looking forward to the new season. More apprehension and surviving a relegation battle than going up to show them what we can do with our new found style, swagger and confidence.

Whichever way I look at the future season(s), I can only see it being ugly, even in victory and success. Maybe I'll be more positive as the new season draws closer but I somehow doubt it.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #2763 on: May 21, 2017, 08:51:10 PM »
So who'll come in?  Ranieri? Bruce is fine. Maybe Arry's dog, Rex, can put some bite into attack?

Offline Allan C

« Reply #2764 on: May 21, 2017, 09:24:21 PM »
So who'll come in?  Ranieri? Bruce is fine. Maybe Arry's dog, Rex, can put some bite into attack?
Do you really believe Bruce is better than Ranieri??

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2765 on: May 21, 2017, 09:53:02 PM »
the worst thing for me is that for the first time in absolute ages we have an owner who seems genuinely interested in taking the club forward and is passionate about things,spending a bit of money and stuff

and just as we should all be on the crest of a hope wave starting to get a smidgen excited about the season ahead
we've ended up with Steve fucking Bruce the most boring manager of all times to take us into the new era

i know there will be people who 'believe in Steve' and that things will all turn out ok, but the rest of us know how its going to go next season and it wont be pretty or very exciting

its so disappointing i might even have to start comfort eating
  ooops to late

Offline Allan C

« Reply #2766 on: May 21, 2017, 10:22:42 PM »
the worst thing for me is that for the first time in absolute ages we have an owner who seems genuinely interested in taking the club forward and is passionate about things,spending a bit of money and stuff

and just as we should all be on the crest of a hope wave starting to get a smidgen excited about the season ahead
we've ended up with Steve fucking Bruce the most boring manager of all times to take us into the new era

i know there will be people who 'believe in Steve' and that things will all turn out ok, but the rest of us know how its going to go next season and it wont be pretty or very exciting

ooops to late
My thoughts exactly

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #2767 on: May 21, 2017, 10:45:33 PM »

ooops to late

Really?

You'd rather have Mcleish, lambert, garde,sherwood?

These are the managers who got us to the cumulative position of last year. Rock bottom of the EPL, beaten week in week out battered 6-0 at home, an embarrassment to the club. 3 wins all season, a goal difference of -49

It's not a computer game, you cannot just press reset. We started so much in free fall that the trap door of the championship might have beckoned

I'm not a great Bruce fan but I'd rather have him than any of the above. recognise where he started and judge him where he finishes.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2768 on: May 21, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »
You know how it's going to go? Share the details then so we can all lump on.

Offline simboy

« Reply #2769 on: May 21, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »
No I don't.do you?

I just think a just a little realism is required.

I know how the other managers I mentioned finished. I know that we were in a mess as a club. I know we were totally awful last season, the season before, the season before that .... and for a few seasons before that.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2770 on: May 21, 2017, 10:57:05 PM »
I wasn't addressing your post but the one before which stated that they knew what was to come.

Offline simboy

« Reply #2771 on: May 21, 2017, 11:00:02 PM »
Then we are Ad idem ...😊😊😊

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #2772 on: May 21, 2017, 11:19:45 PM »
I just hope that we're holding out to see if Huddersfield miss out on promotion so we can go back in for Wagner.

Bruce has halted the decline (just about), but has shown little evidence that he can take us much further than Championship also-rans.

I know there will be plenty who will say that Wagner is still unproven, but his style of football is attractive, and he has shown that he can identify a young quality prospect at a reasonable price.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2773 on: May 22, 2017, 06:57:57 AM »
don't hold your breath. I think KW's recent comments about Bruce tell us he's here for the immediate future - although he'll go the same way as everyone else if he doesn't get us off to a flyer. Dr Tony won't over indulge anyone.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2774 on: May 22, 2017, 07:54:53 AM »
This stuff about waiting for Wagner is just fanciful it really is.  Bruce is going nowhere.  And that even assumes Wagner would be stupid enough to consider it.  He's a very clever German bloke with ambition.  He doesn't need to risk his career on the lottery that is Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal