collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2113334 times)

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Bruce out?
« Reply #2685 on: May 18, 2017, 06:12:48 PM »
I think there is wishful thinking going on if anyone thinks he is getting the push this summer.  I wouldn't waste any time getting vexed and waiting for that yellow ticker bar on sky sports news.

I'm not happy with the way the season petered out but once we had put a manager into the job to get out of this league he has to be given a summer transfer window & preseason to see if he can bring us up to the level to compete in and around the top 2.  I just hope that business can be done swiftly both in and out and when the players return to training they are trained to endure the rigours of this league- I still maintain that one of the main reasons RDM failed was that for too many the culture shock of Championship football was too much and they weren't physically fit enough to compete.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2686 on: May 18, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
On the fitness part I agree. Under RDM we were often the better side but conceded late goals as we dropped ever deeper because the players were knackered. We seem to drop deep now as soon as we take the lead by design.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2687 on: May 18, 2017, 06:21:22 PM »
Bruce ain't going to be sacked this summer.
People like Steve Round need to step up to the plate now: he is surely the guy who has to set the footballing strategy that Bruce and the other coaches - down into the academy - should follow. And, Bruce and he need to decide what the squad should look like for next season - getting rid of the undesirables and bringing in appropriate replacements.
As I've said in other posts, it's the coaches who now have the critical role of bringing the first-team squad together and drilling the agreed footballing approach.

Online KRS

« Reply #2688 on: May 18, 2017, 06:58:15 PM »
Bruce is our 4th manager since Lambert got the bullet in Feb 2015. Is it any wonder that the players and coaching are in such a mess? It's hard to comprehend what goes on behind the scenes but it's pretty much certain that there is a load of shite that needs sorting. At some point we need someone with experience to sort the mess out once and for all. Firing and hiring another manager isn't necessarily the best option for the club, even if it means we might see better performances on the pitch...and again, there's no certainty of that happening if he's got the job of assessing who he wants to sell and keep in the summer. At least Bruce has a head start when it comes to preseason and sorting the shit out that couldn't be done whilst the season was in progress.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:00:01 PM by KRS »

Offline Allan C

« Reply #2689 on: May 18, 2017, 07:36:55 PM »
Bruce is our 4th manager since Lambert got the bullet in Feb 2015. Is it any wonder that the players and coaching are in such a mess? It's hard to comprehend what goes on behind the scenes but it's pretty much certain that there is a load of shite that needs sorting. At some point we need someone with experience to sort the mess out once and for all. Firing and hiring another manager isn't necessarily the best option for the club, even if it means we might see better performances on the pitch...and again, there's no certainty of that happening if he's got the job of assessing who he wants to sell and keep in the summer. At least Bruce has a head start when it comes to preseason and sorting the shit out that couldn't be done whilst the season was in progress.
It dosnt matter if he's the 4th or the 40th  if he's wrong for us, he's wrong. The longer he stays, the longer it will be to recover from him.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #2690 on: May 18, 2017, 08:38:57 PM »
It dosnt matter if he's the 4th or the 40th  if he's wrong for us, he's wrong. The longer he stays, the longer it will be to recover from him.
Is the correct answer.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2691 on: May 18, 2017, 09:10:20 PM »
I just hope Bruce gets it.  We must start the season like a claret and blue thunderbolt.  No more fannying about and him being cut slack until the team "gels" or he gets the right set up or another couple of big price, big reputation signings.

We are Aston Villa in a shithouse league we should and must tear apart.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:14:33 PM by brian green »

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2692 on: May 18, 2017, 09:18:11 PM »
Is the correct answer.

100% correct

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2693 on: May 18, 2017, 09:48:47 PM »
Why is he wrong for us? That's an opaque phrase, what's specifically at it's core?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:14:48 PM by Ads »

Offline peter w

« Reply #2694 on: May 18, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »
I just hope Bruce gets it.  We must start the season like a claret and blue thunderbolt.  No more fannying about and him being cut slack until the team "gels" or he gets the right set up or another couple of big price, big reputation signings.

We are Aston Villa in a shithouse league we should and must tear apart.

Indeed.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2695 on: May 18, 2017, 10:14:46 PM »
Most of his biggest supporters say "give him 10/12 games" type stuff. When that's the opinion of most that wouldn't sack now, basically making him a dead man walking, it doesn't say much for the confidence any of us have in him.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2696 on: May 18, 2017, 11:20:38 PM »
Most of his biggest supporters say "give him 10/12 games" type stuff. When that's the opinion of most that wouldn't sack now, basically making him a dead man walking, it doesn't say much for the confidence any of us have in him.

He's only got himself to blame there for me - he had 10 games at the end of the season that was a free hit & completely wasted it, there was very little positive in that time, even the derby win was a slog.  Had we finished 2-3 places higher, scored a few goals it would have been easy to justify that had Bruce got the job in summer we'd have been up there challenging and being on next year!  The damp squib of the end of season makes it hard to look on next year as anything other than let's see how we start....& yes, I am still backing him at this point.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #2697 on: May 18, 2017, 11:22:30 PM »
Wyness on the radio today saying what a great bloke Bruce is.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #2698 on: May 18, 2017, 11:27:04 PM »
Why is he wrong for us? That's an opaque phrase, what's specifically at it's core?
The reasons why he is wrong for us appear all over this and other threads. Why do you think he's right for us?? (Assuming you think that). Name a Club that Bruce has managed that has had sustained success?? Where you've thought the football was good to watch?? Did anyone ever say "I wish Bruce was our manager"??

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #2699 on: May 18, 2017, 11:49:54 PM »
Wyness on the radio today saying what a great bloke Bruce is.

That's nice , I don't care if he carries old ladies shopping to the car, as has been stated previously I too want him to produce a team that rips the shit out of other teams next season . Dr Tony has provided more than any of us dare dreamed- Coaches and Manager it's time to deliver

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal